PDA

View Full Version : JDINER Adding Insertion

bugsshadow
05-19-2004, 04:24 PM
Is it possible to add, ty insertion ,into tytool application.

cojonesdetoro
05-19-2004, 05:04 PM
Did you know that mfs_ftp does that?

JohnSorTivo
05-19-2004, 05:25 PM
Since you are referencing Tytool, I'm going to assume that you are making edits to the .ty file, and want to then put it back on your Tivo. I won't speak for JDINER, but this question has been asked many times, and to quote previous threads, from the experts, regarding the re-insertion issue:

Not going to happen. At least not from me. It has been touched on before but it is substantially easier to pick apart a format and pull out what is needed versus re-creating that format just from external observation. Honestly at this point we would need way more information than we have, and most definately more information than I have.
And...

Once you edit the file, you would have to rebuild the master chunk based on the new cuts. The master chunk is the only reason we can't make our own tystreams right now. It must be reverse engineered first before anything of this nature can be done.

cojonesdetoro
05-19-2004, 05:44 PM
They're already doing this with chunkedit. Maybe because it's done natively on the Tivo they can circumvent this problem.

JohnSorTivo
05-19-2004, 05:52 PM
Maybe because it's done natively on the Tivo
Yep. This is my understanding as to how it is possible, natively, using Chunkedit, though only currently for Series 1 boxes.

rc3105
05-19-2004, 06:15 PM
Is it possible to add, ty insertion ,into tytool application.
sure it's possible, but if you look you might notice that tytool is pretty much focused on making dvd's from tivo content

editing / transforming tivo content or making it from mpg is a whole 'nother kettle of fish. why in the world would you want to shoehorn that into a set of utils designed for something completely different?

to pre-emptively answer the next few questions...

archive, insert or edit s1/s2/dvd/hd tivo content in place, during transfer or on pc - info & utils available

create ty from mpg / avi / dv / whatever - info available, utils private or in development

create dv from ty - info available, utils private or in development

burn dvd's from a drive connected to a tivo via usb or transferred video in the pioneer combo units - info available, utils private or in development

conform ty to correct the s1 -> s2 audio incompatability - info available, utils private or in development

--
Riley

rung
05-19-2004, 09:43 PM
Since you are referencing Tytool, I'm going to assume that you are making edits to the .ty file, and want to then put it back on your Tivo. I won't speak for JDINER, but this question has been asked many times, and to quote previous threads, from the experts, regarding the re-insertion issue:

And...

I was looking into this a while back and got distracted. Actually making the master chuck is the easy part, it was reverse engineering the individual chunk headers that got tricky for me.

bugsshadow
05-20-2004, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the post info .