PDA

View Full Version : Tytools and Nero 6 Ultra Edition

blusky
05-21-2004, 08:08 AM
I have been trying to Burn some movies to Dvd for a couple of days using Nero and have not been successful.I have read the Nero readme and have done some searches. I am using Tytoools9r14 and have had know problems creating the Vob-Mux file. Some of the files are large, 2.6 GB.

I have tried different formats UDF, UDF-ISO. The Version I have is Nero 6 Ultra Edition 6.3.1.6 and am using the Nero Burning rom. Just need to know the procedures and settings that work well with this edition of Nero Burning Rom.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

lgkahn
05-21-2004, 08:47 AM
I posted myprocedures for using nero a while back.. search on my name and nero and you should find the posting... hope this helps...

eastwind
05-21-2004, 09:21 AM
Have you made an IFO fileset within TyTool? Once you do that you can just burn the VIDEO_TS folder (I burn it as a Data project) to a DVD and test it. You might get a warning, but try it and see if it works (on a DVD RW until you're sure).

ew

malfunct
05-21-2004, 10:42 AM
Have you made an IFO fileset within TyTool? Once you do that you can just burn the VIDEO_TS folder (I burn it as a Data project) to a DVD and test it. You might get a warning, but try it and see if it works (on a DVD RW until you're sure).

ew

I always burn as a video project inside the main nero burning rom application (none of the Express ones) and I have no problems. Basically the video project is a data project with a few of the header bits set to be better for video and already has the video_ts and audio_ts folders on it. It has no verification of files so far as I can tell and does not re-encode or anything silly like that. I just drag the contents of the video_ts folder created by tytool in the "make ifo" step into the video_ts folder on the project and click burn. I don't have to make any other choices in nero and I get perfect dvd's that play in every player I have.

blusky
05-21-2004, 10:58 AM
Thanks lgkahn, eastwind, and malfunct for your help. lgkahn I am in the process of searching for your post on the topic. I will find it soon.

eastwind, I have made the Ifo fileset with Tytools. With Tytools I download the ty file to my dtivo folder. I then make Key files, edit the key files and Vob-Mux the file all in Tytools. Do you send all the outputs to the dtivo folder or the VIDEO_TS folder? Maybe this is where I am making a mistake.

malfunct, I will try the video project inside the main nero burning rom application and see if that works for me. I am new to Nero so I think I am doing something wrong. When I open Nero Burning Rom the choices I have are the following:
DVD-ROM(ISO)
DVD-COPY
DVD-VIDEO
DVD-ROM(BOOT)
DVD-ROM(UDF)
DVD-ROM(UDF/ISO)
I do Not have Video project as an option. Do you know which one I should use?

Thanks to all for the help. Will post back results.

sanderton
05-21-2004, 11:48 AM
eastwind, I have made the Ifo fileset with Tytools. With Tytools I download the ty file to my dtivo folder. I then make Key files, edit the key files and Vob-Mux the file all in Tytools. Do you send all the outputs to the dtivo folder or the VIDEO_TS folder? Maybe this is where I am making a mistake. .

You shouldn't put anything in VIDEO_TS yourself; tyTool will do that when you craete the fileset.

malfunct
05-21-2004, 12:00 PM
Thanks lgkahn, eastwind, and malfunct for your help. lgkahn I am in the process of searching for your post on the topic. I will find it soon.

eastwind, I have made the Ifo fileset with Tytools. With Tytools I download the ty file to my dtivo folder. I then make Key files, edit the key files and Vob-Mux the file all in Tytools. Do you send all the outputs to the dtivo folder or the VIDEO_TS folder? Maybe this is where I am making a mistake.

malfunct, I will try the video project inside the main nero burning rom application and see if that works for me. I am new to Nero so I think I am doing something wrong. When I open Nero Burning Rom the choices I have are the following:
DVD-ROM(ISO)
DVD-COPY
DVD-VIDEO
DVD-ROM(BOOT)
DVD-ROM(UDF)
DVD-ROM(UDF/ISO)
I do Not have Video project as an option. Do you know which one I should use?

Thanks to all for the help. Will post back results.

When I said video project I meant the DVD-VIDEO option (sorry I haven't used nero in a while because I lost all my .ty that I had extracted in an unfortunate accident and haven't gotten enough good stuff back to build a dvd yet).

As far as your other question you are missing one last step :) After you vob-mux all the files you need to choose "make IFO" and send it all the .vob files you just created. Then you build up the menu (steps described in the FAQ as well as in documents in the tytool zip) up and click "create" which will build the video_ts folder in the directory you specify in the "make ifo" dialogue. I recommend not choosing the directory that all of your other files are in for building the dvd as the temp files used to create the dvd make it messy. I nearly always pick a subdirectory of the directory with the original .vob files but thats a personal preference.

After ther create IFO process is finished you can exit out of tytool and start up nero choosing to create a DVD-VIDEO project. Navigate to the directory you told tytool to create the IFO in and then into the video_ts subdirectory. Select all of the files there and drag them to the video_ts folder in the project and click burn. Bam out comes a good dvd with your video.

lgkahn
05-21-2004, 12:09 PM
if you are having trouble finding it here is the info from the other post:

I use tapes because I already have a dlt drive to back up the 5 pcs I have at home and already have a closet full of dlt tapes so no big deal and they are safer than hard drives in the long run..

my procedures are to use ws_ftp32. to pull the .tmf files of the tivo via mfs_ftp
set to the media store pc on standard prt 3105

in .tmf format

once I have the files on my media store pc running windows 2000

I pull them over to one of the two faster pc's I burn dvds with usually the dual xeon 2.4 ghz running nt 4.0 with 1gig...
with scsi raid... I find it is much faster to do this on good hardware...

then I simply run tytools both version 11, 12 and no2 13 have had no problems importing .tmfs directly

I simply select the .tmf files and choose file/"vob mux new format"
and select the .tmf files
it processes them into vob files

then if I want a .bmp file for the menu I select on of the .tmf files again with tytools version 13 and use file/"make key file" and choose the .tmf
I let it go about 100 meg through and select abort.

then I open gopeditor and choose the key file tytools created fast forward to a suitable frame and select some bitmap from the frame... now you can delete the .key file we are done with it, we can also delete the .tmf files from the local computer we are done with those also..

next step is to create the dvd itself

I create a subdirectory for the dvd
then in tytools again I select file/"create ifo files"
I chose the vob's I created earlier and select process
I then select the menu names for each of the movies I want and the font...
I put a few spaces in front of each so they don't get cut of on the left and left justfy them... I also select the .bmp we created earlier and the directory we created and a title if I want...
then select "make ifo" and away it goes...

when it is done I simply run nero

select new /dvd-video drag the video_ts folder it created in our new directory into the video_ts directory in nero give it a label and select book-type dvd-rom checkbox and burn the dvd onto a dvd+r ....

never had one bad disk...

blusky
05-21-2004, 01:54 PM
Well, Burned my First tytool show! The quality is as good as the original tivo recording as Sanderton had said in a previos post. I want to thank lgkahn, Eastwind, Malfunct, and Sanderton and Waruwaru for all the help. You guys are awesome! Now I see the procedural errors I was making. I still have a lot of learning to do but at least its a start.
I realize I am a bit dense at times.I really brought nothing to the table exept persistance. I have been reading for months but my lack of experience with Video and computers has hindered me a lot. AS always I hope somone else can learn from my mistakes. Thanks to jdiner for Tytools. Incredible proggy...

rward765
06-02-2004, 06:00 PM
I had similar problems with Nero Ultra 6 until I read this thread - I realized that I was trying to do the burn from Smart Start on my desktop. When I started Nero Express via Start>Programs>Nero>Nero6UltraEdition>Nero Express and then selected DVD Video then I was able to drag and drop the files from VIDEO_TS folder and burn.

The process with Nero Burning Rom is similar.

Rward765