PDA

View Full Version : PC-Tivo Transfer Interupts 2GB / 536MB

tlito
05-22-2004, 09:15 AM
I have a series 1 running 3.0.x with MFS_FTP.

Running XP (media edition) with WSFTP - using port 3105.

Trying to transfer a 7.3GB TMF program - Football game (off of a directTivo) to the Series one.

I have no problem downloading programs to my computer.

I have no problem intiating the connection and starting the transfer - it runs initially at 1.5 Mb/s.

After some period of time ... it slows down (no big deal to me - I can live with it).

The problem is .. after hours 6-10 hours - it gets to 2-3 GB and the transfer restarts.

When I look at the directory in WS-FTP there is a entry with 536870912 bytes for each FTP attempt. I go to Now Showing and I see a program entry for each FTP attempt. They are all partials .... about 30 minutes.

I searched the threads for a couple of hours but could not find a similar problem ... I do appologize for starting a new thread but it is too consistent to be an isolated incident.

Can anyone provide some help?

thanks in advance,

sanderton
05-22-2004, 02:19 PM
Are you sure there's room on the TiVo for the recording?

eastwind
05-22-2004, 03:01 PM
Stuart's question is a valid one. Sounds like a problem I had months ago. In the end Riley fixed it with an update. I think it was version P, but it might've been a little before that. What version are you using? P will find space by deleting recorded suggestions and using space from deleted programs that the TiVo hadn't yet marked as availible (and maybe by deleting expired programs, too--can't remember). When it's freeing up space it will appear to stall, but I don't think that is your problem as you have waited 6-10 hours. Have you tried any other FTP Client? My version of WS_FTP has issues with large files (at least with reporting the size). Might try CLI ftp in Windows or a different client if you need GUI.
Bottom line is make sure you're using 'P' and if that doesn't get it have a look at the logs to maybe get a clue.

ew

tlito
05-22-2004, 04:42 PM
I will use a different client - anyone have recommendations with a gui?

How can I tell the version of MFS_FTP. When I telnet into the VAR director I see the tar and the mfs_ftp file ... but I thought they were supposed to have version in their name?

Thanks and sorry for my lack of knowledge ...

eastwind
05-23-2004, 07:24 AM
I will use a different client - anyone have recommendations with a gui?

How can I tell the version of MFS_FTP. When I telnet into the VAR director I see the tar and the mfs_ftp file ... but I thought they were supposed to have version in their name?

Thanks and sorry for my lack of knowledge ...
From a Windows command window:
ftp tivo 3105
replace tivo with the address of your tivo if you don't have tivo in your hosts list.

With WFS_FTP you connect and then click on the LogWnd button. The line that shows the connection will show the version.

Or after connecting you can cat the port.3105.log file and it will show you the version on the connection info line.

I use the WFS_FTPLE version and I don't have any problems with inserting or extracting, but I never tried a file that big.

ew

mini__me
05-23-2004, 11:08 AM
I've pulled and inserted shows as big as 20GB from and between S1 UK SA TiVo. So the problem shouldn't be the file size.