PDA

View Full Version : Tytools DVD creation: Menu not showing

hart316
05-22-2004, 11:13 AM
I've created a ton of dvds with menus, but last night I was getting some errors. I was burning 3 shows/episodes, as I normally do and with my menu (that I always used)..etc. I kept getting "unnamed menu element" error in tytools. After burning, it shows the menu title for a split second, then starts playing. I re-installed tytools and I'm not getting that error again, whatever caused that, but now it is doing the same thing. It won't even show the menu, even though I associated all the elements to the menu in tyools and no errors. Any ideas. I was up till 4 last night and have about 6 coasters, well.. at least not with menus

Thanks

hart316
05-22-2004, 12:49 PM
Okay.. I fixed the "unnamed menu element" error. I had to go back and delete my .vob, re-mux and recreate the ifos and menu. I still have the problem with my menus showing for a split second, then playing the first title. None of my other dvds do that. Any ideas?

eastwind
05-22-2004, 02:46 PM
Post your make.bat file and let's see if anything is amiss in that.

When you deleted the .vobs, did you delete everything from the target VIDEO_TS folder? What about the make.bat menu.* and overlay.bmp files? If you had something messed up in the make file it might've been appended (I think I saw that happen before) and still have the problem at the beginning of the file.

ew

hart316
05-26-2004, 01:30 PM
Well, I finally figured it out. I never had a problem prior to this weekend, the only difference is that I installed a new dvd 4x pioneer burner, and un-installed some unused apps. Come to find out my new burner would not work with Prassi, Nero, or another one I have (don't know the name off hand), but Roxio ezcd/dvd creator worked fine to burn the dvds. After burning 3 that skipped the menu, I did a TON of experimentation and reading. It was set to "UDF" format, but for some ODD reason, when I burned the DVDs with ROXIO, it would cause the menu to skip. I found and downloaded the newest upgrades to nero and the other dvd burning progam, did a test and ALL is well now. For some reason, ROXIO ver. 6 doesn't like those files. It figures, I've never been a fan of Roxio, now it will be forever gone from my pc!

Just some FYI for those who may encounter the same problem!