PDA

View Full Version : What was the issue with large VOBs and making DVDs?

BoB-O TiVo
05-22-2004, 01:59 PM
Hello,

I use TyTool and DVDLab. In the past, there was a problem with chapter markers in VOBs that were larger than 1GB. After a 2 months away from making DVDs, I'm now working on making them again. All I have left are these large VOBs. Did this issue get solved? Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
BoB

P.S. I did do a search, but "DVD large VOB chapters" didn't turn up anything on the surface.

eastwind
06-04-2004, 02:11 PM
Hello,

I use TyTool and DVDLab. In the past, there was a problem with chapter markers in VOBs that were larger than 1GB. After a 2 months away from making DVDs, I'm now working on making them again. All I have left are these large VOBs. Did this issue get solved? Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
BoB

P.S. I did do a search, but "DVD large VOB chapters" didn't turn up anything on the surface.
IIRC, it had to do not with large VOBs, but with .TYs that were cut. Caused problems because the chapter entry points might get lost because TyTool didn't change all the time code entries--it just used what was there and understood it properly. If you still are having issues, you might want to try the (New)Muxer in TyTool. It was written to try to make the results of TyTool more usable in different programs.

ew