PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in the middle of PCs and Macs with a VOB

rfc
05-26-2004, 10:56 PM
I've read and read both the Mac threads and PC threads, but have not found a solution here:

I have successfully created a VOB in Tytools. My only DVD burner is on a MAC running OSX. I don't have a PC with oomph enough for Nero and a burner.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what to do with the VOB? I find nothing about VOBs in IDVD. (I tried dragging a VOB into IDVD and it didn't work). I'm so close! help please.

Waruwaru
05-27-2004, 03:17 AM
The top few matches here (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=idvd+vob) looks interesting. Not sure if that helps.

eastwind
05-27-2004, 05:30 AM
I've read and read both the Mac threads and PC threads, but have not found a solution here:

I have successfully created a VOB in Tytools. My only DVD burner is on a MAC running OSX. I don't have a PC with oomph enough for Nero and a burner.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what to do with the VOB? I find nothing about VOBs in IDVD. (I tried dragging a VOB into IDVD and it didn't work). I'm so close! help please.
Finish making the fileset in TyTool on the PC. The menu option is File..Create IFO Files/Directories. After you've made the DVD fileset, transfer the AUDIO_TS AND VIDEO_TS folders to your Mac and burn them as a Data project (Sonic Record Now or Nero has these options--don't know about anything for the Mac).

ew

rfc
05-27-2004, 06:06 AM
Finish making the fileset in TyTool on the PC. The menu option is File..Create IFO Files/Directories. After you've made the DVD fileset, transfer the AUDIO_TS AND VIDEO_TS folders to your Mac and burn them as a Data project (Sonic Record Now or Nero has these options--don't know about anything for the Mac).

ew

Thanks. I already did that and have those two directories alreaded. I didn't even know what they were, and think they were empty, but I could be wrong. I'll burn them as suggested in Toast on the mac and see what happens.

malfunct
05-27-2004, 10:56 AM
Thanks. I already did that and have those two directories alreaded. I didn't even know what they were, and think they were empty, but I could be wrong. I'll burn them as suggested in Toast on the mac and see what happens.

If they are empty there is a problem. They should have a number of .vob files labled something like vts01_vob.vob (I am shooting from the hip here, I am not on my dvd creation computer now) also you will have one or more .IFO and .BUP files in the directory if it was successful. The Audio_TS folder is empty but included for compatibility with some dvd players.

rfc
05-28-2004, 03:27 PM
If they are empty there is a problem. They should have a number of .vob files labled something like vts01_vob.vob (I am shooting from the hip here, I am not on my dvd creation computer now) also you will have one or more .IFO and .BUP files in the directory if it was successful. The Audio_TS folder is empty but included for compatibility with some dvd players.

Thanks for the reply. I must be doing something wrong in the creation of the Tytools "Create IFO/Directories" process, because even though I specify the vob to use (right now I am doing only one), it proceeds to create empty Audio and Video _TS directories, also creates:
make.bat
menu.bmp
menu.m2v
menu.mpg
menu.yuv
overlay.bmp

But there is no sign of the VOB I specified either inside the VIDEO_TS or elsewhere.

I am thinking of throwing the towel in on this, buying a DVD Burner for PCs and getting Nero so I can replicate exactly all the steps. I have looked at a DVD disk on the Mac platform and I see many of those similarly named and suffixed files, but I do not think it is as simple as putting the right files in the right places and off you go to the DVD player, lol.

aersloat
05-28-2004, 06:00 PM
I don't know TyTools very well, but if you have a vob you should be able to author it with Sizzle and then burn it with either Toast or create an image with DVD Imager and then burn that with disk utility. If you want some quick help you should try the mac video forums at <http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=9>

Toast 6 will also accept a vob file under its video tab... depending on the size of the vob that may work for you.

In fact here is a thread that suits you just perfectly: <http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=203851>

rfc
05-28-2004, 07:37 PM
I don't know TyTools very well, but if you have a vob you should be able to author it with Sizzle and then burn it with either Toast or create an image with DVD Imager and then burn that with disk utility. If you want some quick help you should try the mac video forums at <http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=9>

Toast 6 will also accept a vob file under its video tab... depending on the size of the vob that may work for you.

In fact here is a thread that suits you just perfectly: <http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=203851>

Thanks. That is a great thread and I never heard of the site before,but it does indeed raise more questions. The more I learn the more I learn I need to learn.

That thread talks about DE muxing the vobs. I thought that Tytools just got done Muxing them!

I've got Tmfs, tys, vobs, m2vs. Muxing, Demuxing, Remuxing ReDemuxing. It seems like I am heading down of path of messing with the files far more than I need to.

I think I need to get a better feel for the big picture of what the heck is happening with all these files on their way from the Tivo to a DVD.
I'm starting over.
:eek:

malfunct
05-29-2004, 01:40 AM
Thanks for the reply. I must be doing something wrong in the creation of the Tytools "Create IFO/Directories" process, because even though I specify the vob to use (right now I am doing only one), it proceeds to create empty Audio and Video _TS directories, also creates:
make.bat
menu.bmp
menu.m2v
menu.mpg
menu.yuv
overlay.bmp

But there is no sign of the VOB I specified either inside the VIDEO_TS or elsewhere.

I am thinking of throwing the towel in on this, buying a DVD Burner for PCs and getting Nero so I can replicate exactly all the steps. I have looked at a DVD disk on the Mac platform and I see many of those similarly named and suffixed files, but I do not think it is as simple as putting the right files in the right places and off you go to the DVD player, lol.

Did you go to www.tytool.com yet and read the faq? It may have some hints as to what is happening. Also when tytool is making the dvd files it has a console window that it starts, if you pop that up you can maybe see error messages from dvdauthor that are getting hidden.

Hamsterman
05-29-2004, 01:41 AM
make.bat
menu.bmp
menu.m2v
menu.mpg
menu.yuv
overlay.bmp

This sounds like the VOBs are NOT being created. This happened to me once when I forgot to copy cygwin over when I updated tytool. This could explain why you don't have anything to burn (yet). I don't know how to get cygwin to run on a windows emulator on a mac, however.

Hamsterman

malfunct
05-29-2004, 01:43 AM
This sounds like the VOBs are NOT being created. This happened to me once when I forgot to copy cygwin over when I updated tytool. This could explain why you don't have anything to burn (yet). I don't know how to get cygwin to run on a windows emulator on a mac, however.

Hamsterman

I thought he said he was on virtual PC. This is a PC hardware emulator so you actually install windows and everything runs as if it was really on a windows PC. That should not be the issue.

Again I would like to know what he sees from the dvdauthor console windows that tytool starts up when he clicks "create ifo" to see if they are hitting any errors. Alternatively he could run "make.bat" from he folder and that will run the same process that tytool does to make the dvd files.

aersloat
05-29-2004, 02:02 AM
no, he has both a pc and a mac. The mac has the superdrive.

ski bum
05-29-2004, 02:27 AM
Did you go to www.tytool.com yet and read the faq? It may have some hints as to what is happening. Also when tytool is making the dvd files it has a console window that it starts, if you pop that up you can maybe see error messages from dvdauthor that are getting hidden.

I tried to access www.tytool.com and I got an error message. "You are not authorized to view this page".

rfc
05-29-2004, 07:09 AM

Hamsterman

I got an error message first time out, and it was because of not having installed cygwin. I subsequently did that. I am doing all this on a PC. My first plan was to create all the files FTP them to the office (where the Mac g5 dp is) and burn on a dvd burner.

As long as I know that at the end of the day, the VOBs need to be INSIDE the VIDEO_TS directory, I know what I am shooting for. We'll get that done, then worry about burning.

Edited: Just tried Vob-mux (New type 1); Then tried to make file set. Same deal; VOB not inside VIDEO_TS. I think I have another issue and will start another thread, as this is now "off topic" for the original purpose of this thread, lol.

eastwind
05-29-2004, 02:42 PM
Just a stab in the dark, but what is the name of the .VOB that you are trying to process? (include the path to it).

ew

rfc
05-29-2004, 06:54 PM
Just a stab in the dark, but what is the name of the .VOB that you are trying to process? (include the path to it).

ew
OK. Here are the rules: NO LAUGHING!

C:\Documents and Settings\rfc\Desktop\DVD files\Clifford's Puppy Days-Sock It to Me; My Toy-1.ty-1.vob

It's the shortest show I had on the tivo...it measures approximately 385 mb...not a bad show either :D

What are you thinkin', Eastwind?

machem
05-29-2004, 10:14 PM
Hey, rfc, if you aren't editing, you might try the tivo2dvd.pl script that Ryan Andres wrote (I did a quick re-search for it, but didn't hit it, but it is here at DDB somewheres). I have been unable to get tyindex to work on my tivo, and tytools won't work w/o indexed .ty files.... so I was stuck until I came across this perl script.

I'm running OSX, no windows. I had to extract some files from the sizzle.app, but after that all is well.

HTH

Mike

eastwind
05-29-2004, 10:53 PM
OK. Here are the rules: NO LAUGHING!

C:\Documents and Settings\rfc\Desktop\DVD files\Clifford's Puppy Days-Sock It to Me; My Toy-1.ty-1.vob

It's the shortest show I had on the tivo...it measures approximately 385 mb...not a bad show either :D

What are you thinkin', Eastwind?
I'm thinking about an illegal character in the title or a path that is too long. Like that semicolon? Just for a kick, try moving the files to a root directory and make the names simpler (Clifford.vob) and try it again. Another thing to try: verify where you are sending the fileset to in the Create...dialogue (sp?) box (make sure it exists, is empty, has free space, and isn't read only).

ew

rfc
05-30-2004, 09:22 AM
This is really starting to drive me crazy. Shortened the file name to: Clifford-1.ty-1.vob, emptied the destination directory and tried again. Same result: empty VIDEO_TS directory.

I read the other thread (Newby gets empty VIDEO_TS..) and I am doing this correctly: I have a .vob in the upper left hand window, a menu item in upper right, a good preview, it processes without error (although it snaps right through processing the .vob...not sure it should be so quick), says the DVD made successfully, but nothing in the VIDEO_TS directory.

When I look at the permissions (Win2k pro) for both the directory containing the source files and the directory containing the output, they both have a dimmed out "read only" box checked. When I uncheck it and apply, it says something like "you have selected unset read only"....HUH? No clue what that means. I have enabled everyone total control on every directory in the C drive; I don't understand what an unset read only might be and it keeps coming back.

Could that be part of the problem?

eastwind
05-30-2004, 12:12 PM
This is really starting to drive me crazy. Shortened the file name to: Clifford-1.ty-1.vob, emptied the destination directory and tried again. Same result: empty VIDEO_TS directory.

I read the other thread (Newby gets empty VIDEO_TS..) and I am doing this correctly: I have a .vob in the upper left hand window, a menu item in upper right, a good preview, it processes without error (although it snaps right through processing the .vob...not sure it should be so quick), says the DVD made successfully, but nothing in the VIDEO_TS directory.

When I look at the permissions (Win2k pro) for both the directory containing the source files and the directory containing the output, they both have a dimmed out "read only" box checked. When I uncheck it and apply, it says something like "you have selected unset read only"....HUH? No clue what that means. I have enabled everyone total control on every directory in the C drive; I don't understand what an unset read only might be and it keeps coming back.

Could that be part of the problem?Yes! If you have the target directory set to Read Only, then you can't Write anything there. Find a target that isn't read only or reset your system permissions so that you can make that target NOT read only (unset the read only setting).
ew

rfc
05-30-2004, 07:23 PM
Yes! If you have the target directory set to Read Only, then you can't Write anything there. Find a target that isn't read only or reset your system permissions so that you can make that target NOT read only (unset the read only setting).
ew

It is not set to read only. It is a DIMMED OUT read only, and no matter what I do, i.e. un check it, "apply", close the directory, open it again and it is checked again (and dimmed out).

Further it would not explain how all the other files and the two DVD directories themselves (VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS) can be written. They get written fine. Something else is going on.

I can't explain the dimmed out read only. It is the same on every directory on my puter as well as every directory on my server as well. Go figure.

Still scratching my head... :confused:

Waruwaru
05-30-2004, 08:58 PM
Just for fun, try it while you are logged in as Administrator on Win2k

rfc
05-30-2004, 09:39 PM
Just for fun, try it while you are logged in as Administrator on Win2k

I AM an administrator but will try that. Also, I mis-communicated that I am running Win2k...it's XP Pro. Will report back the results.

Waruwaru
05-30-2004, 09:59 PM
It is not set to read only. It is a DIMMED OUT read only, and no matter what I do, i.e. un check it, "apply", close the directory, open it again and it is checked again (and dimmed out).

Oops, same here (dimmed checked boxes). Might be a red herring.

rfc
05-30-2004, 10:06 PM
I log in as Administrator, run Tytools, create ifo/files etc...Now the program unexpectedly quits and do I want to tell Microsoft about it...No thank you. Try again; same thing.

Then I try to open the output directory (in Windows Explorer) and I get Access denied! I thought I gave Everyone Full Control of not only that directory but the entire C drive!

Man! I'm too tired now to keep messing with it, but it is clear that permissions can affect how this program works. And Waruwaru, I think the dimmed read only box means there might be some contained objects (sub directories, files) that ARE read only, but I could be wrong.

Tomorrow is another day.

rfc
05-30-2004, 10:21 PM
Awww Heck, I could not resist.

I could not get access, so I looked at the permissions and took ownership of the output directory and changed all the permissions so I had full control, ran Tytools, created ifo/files, it ran properly, made the directories and files and....voila! VIDEO_TS still EMPTY!

Arrgh! I'm going to bed! Really! :(

rfc
06-01-2004, 04:34 PM
As a relaxing diversion to my woes, I decided to open Ty Studio, and process the vob that I had been using so far here, and made a "generic mpg" out of it, brought it to work and played it in Mplayer on our G5 and also in Windows Media Player and also in Real Player. It came out square, but at least I know I have something I might be able to make a DVD out of going that route.

I think I just have to throw the towel in on Tytools for now. Thanks for all the suggestions.

bato
06-04-2004, 12:36 AM
Did you press "Set Item"?

If you press "Preview" without selecting a background you should see a green image with tytool in the lower right corner, your menu title title with big letters at center top and the title just below that left.

If you do not "Set Item", then when you press "Make IFO" you will get a warning "There is currently and unused VOB!" (TyTool9r14), if you select OK, then TyTool will create empty AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders and all the files you mentioned (make.bat, menu.bmp...) and will report "DVD successfully created!" even when there is an empty VIDEO_TS folder.

rfc
06-04-2004, 05:49 AM
Did you press "Set Item"?

Yes. And a preview shows the proper screen with the main menu title and the name of the first (only) show, just as it should.

bato
06-04-2004, 12:32 PM
Can you post the make.bat file here? (it shouldn't be long) maybe that will give us a clue.

eastwind
06-04-2004, 01:01 PM

Further it would not explain how all the other files and the two DVD directories themselves (VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS) can be written. They get written fine. Something else is going on.

I can't explain the dimmed out read only. It is the same on every directory on my puter as well as every directory on my server as well. Go figure.

Still scratching my head... :confused:
Dimmed-out read only (unless I'm completely confused) means that it is read-only (check mark) and that you can't change it (dimmed-out). Not sure how I would proceed from there but maybe the Help system on your OS.
Please post the contents of the make.bat file and the directory listing from any path that is referenced in it. I can't help but think this is still going to be something simple.

ew

rfc
06-04-2004, 01:03 PM
Can you post the make.bat file here? (it shouldn't be long) maybe that will give us a clue.

Sure thing. :)

eastwind
06-04-2004, 01:54 PM
The ';' in your filename could be causing a problem. Thought you were going to rename it to something simpler.

What about the contents of the three referenced directories?

C:\Program Files\Tytools\TyTool9r14\
C:\Documents and Settings\rfc\Desktop\Tivo\Test DVD
\Documents and Settings\rfc\Desktop\DVD files\

Might try adding a C: to the beginning of the last line (or the correct drive lettter) just to be sure.

ew

rfc
06-04-2004, 02:29 PM
The ';' in your filename could be causing a problem. Thought you were going to rename it to something simpler.

What about the contents of the three referenced directories?

C:\Program Files\Tytools\TyTool9r14\
C:\Documents and Settings\rfc\Desktop\Tivo\Test DVD
\Documents and Settings\rfc\Desktop\DVD files\

Might try adding a C: to the beginning of the last line (or the correct drive lettter) just to be sure.

ew

I did. Sorry. This is the bat file from before I renamed the vob to Clifford1.ty.vob or something like that. I retried making the files and that did not do it.

Regarding your question about the contents of the three directories, If you are asking what's in them...

The program is in the first.
The output directory is the second (...\Tivo\Test DVD)
The Input directory is the third (it's got the vob, the chp, the key etc.)

I do see the path: --instructions post=vmgm --file="\Documents and Settings..... Does not start with C: so I will try changing that.

What happens when you open a "dos" window and run this .bat file?

bato
06-04-2004, 03:04 PM
Can you create the output directory as C:\TEST and your file in C:\VIDEOTEST and run again?

If you open a DOS window, go to that directory and execute make.bat it will execute those commands, and you will find if any error show, so you can do that before creating directories and move files.

Remember, TyTool doesn't run make.bat, it executes dvdauthor internally.

eastwind
06-04-2004, 03:27 PM
I did. Sorry. This is the bat file from before I renamed the vob to Clifford1.ty.vob or something like that. I retried making the files and that did not do it.

Regarding your question about the contents of the three directories, If you are asking what's in them...

The program is in the first.
The output directory is the second (...\Tivo\Test DVD)
The Input directory is the third (it's got the vob, the chp, the key etc.)

I do see the path: --instructions post=vmgm --file="\Documents and Settings..... Does not start with C: so I will try changing that.

What happens when you open a "dos" window and run this .bat file?
I know what is supposed to be in them. Just humor me...post a dir listing from each of the directories:

dir "C:\Program Files\Tytools\TyTool9r14\" > dir.txt
dir "C:\Documents and Settings\rfc\Desktop\Tivo\Test DVD" >>dir.txt
dir "\Documents and Settings\rfc\Desktop\DVD files\" >>dir.txt
and post the output (or attach it). If you have something questionable that you don't want everyone to see, delete it from the list. Just not anything that might be revlevant.

ew

EDIT: included the quotes as suggested in next post. --ew

Waruwaru
06-04-2004, 03:31 PM
better put some quotes arount them

dir "C:\Documents and Settings\rfc\Desktop\DVD files\" >>dir.txt

malfunct
06-04-2004, 03:44 PM

Actually this might be something that JDiner needs to do in the tytool GUI as well.

EDIT: I already asked about handling of spaces in the official tytool support thread so no need to repeat the question.

Waruwaru
06-04-2004, 05:06 PM
Actually this might be something that JDiner needs to do in the tytool GUI as well.

EDIT: I already asked about handling of spaces in the official tytool support thread so no need to repeat the question.

At the OS api programming level, you don't need the quotes. Shells need quotes to figure out where one param begins and stops. So, unless someone is spawning off a separate shell process/shell scripts to be running in background, there shouldn't be a need for quotes.

malfunct
06-04-2004, 05:33 PM

If you rename a VOB but do not rename all of its supporting files it will not go into the DVD correctly. Change the VOB back to its original name before attempting to re-create the DVD.

eastwind
06-04-2004, 06:37 PM

Quite right....got so used to doing it my way (type a few letters and TAB) that I didn't even think about the quotes. Thanks for pointing that out, I'll edit JIC.
ew

eastwind
06-04-2004, 06:40 PM

The quotes were included in the make.bat file, I just omitted them. (I know the GUI doesn't show them, but the are in the make file.)

ew

Waruwaru
06-04-2004, 07:49 PM
I tested out rfc's files, and was able to generate a dvd directory properly, so there is something else going on. Did it via TyTools->Create IFO, not the make.bat.

rfc
06-04-2004, 08:31 PM
At the OS api programming level, you don't need the quotes. Shells need quotes to figure out where one param begins and stops. So, unless someone is spawning off a separate shell process/shell scripts to be running in background, there shouldn't be a need for quotes.

Wow! This thread got away from me. I love the way you guys talk, lol. "Spawning off a separate shell process/shell scripts..." er... uh huh.

So anyway, here's what I did:

I opened make.bat and, per Eastwind, added the single C: missing from the third line. (No idea why it was missing yet), and then (per Bato, I think), ran the .bat file.

Well, what do you know? It crunches away for about 10 minutes and creates a VIDEO_TS file with two .vobs, two .bups and two .ifos in it!

Next move is to clean out all the output files, the vobs, the chps the works, start with the ty and do it again (taking care about file naming per malfunct) and look at the make.bat file.

Then it's on to reading some more to find out what the heck waruwaru is talking about with his "shell processes". The only shell process I'm familiar with is Oysters on the half, with lots of horseradish, lol. But I'm up for learning! Thanks, all so far. :)

Waruwaru
06-04-2004, 09:33 PM
The trick is to string together bunch of geeky buzzwords together to make it sounds cool. ;)

rfc
06-04-2004, 09:39 PM
Started from scratch, and created two new directories at the root level of C:..."Video In" and "Video Out".

Went through the whole process and made the IFO files.

Interestingly, in the "pull down" window for VOB files: the path to the vob file does not have the C:, where as the path for the ISO does show the path.

You can not enter the path in the VOB line either.

Here is the resulting .bat file:

"C:\Program Files\Tytools\TyTool9r14\dvdauthor" -o "C:\Video Out" --title -c0,300,600,900,1200,1500 --instructions post=vmgm --file="\Video In\Clifford.ty.vob"
"C:\Program Files\Tytools\TyTool9r14\dvdauthor" -o "C:\Video Out" -T --menu --button 19x84-331x126,vts1 --file="C:\Video Out\menu.mpg"

It reflects the fact that the C: is not in the path to the .vob file trying to be processed.

Why is this happening on my system but not on Waruwaru's?

bato
06-04-2004, 10:55 PM
Why is this happening on my system but not on Waruwaru's?
In my machine there is always the drive letter from the drop down list for the vob, so I guess that's your problem.

Run make.bat as is (you already ran it with the C: missing), take a look if there is any error message, maybe dvdauthor needs the drive letter in the path and for some reason in your system TyTool doesn't use the drive letter for the VOB's path. This is a weird one.

At least you have a way to make it work, just add the C: in the bat and run it.

rfc
06-05-2004, 07:13 AM
In my machine there is always the drive letter from the drop down list for the vob, so I guess that's your problem.

This is a weird one.

I am using Client Alpha #9 rel 14.

The problem starts when I first select "local directory". When I first click the pulldown ("V") button, the path is at "\", which is the root of C:, but the C: is not shown. If I navigate from there, I get "\video in", and that, of course is what shows up in the .bat, and that won't work.

However, if I click on the ".." to go up a directory level, and keep doing it until I get the list of drive letters, then select c:, then the full and correct path shows up in the "local dir" box.

Alternatively I could type in the path, but for the program to work correctly (as you all have pointed out) the ENTIRE PATH, INCLUDING DRIVE LETTER must be used.

Now I have to re-read the first page of this thread to figure out what my original problem was, lol!

eastwind
06-05-2004, 09:31 AM
I am using Client Alpha #9 rel 14.

The problem starts when I first select "local directory". When I first click the pulldown ("V") button, the path is at "\", which is the root of C:, but the C: is not shown. If I navigate from there, I get "\video in", and that, of course is what shows up in the .bat, and that won't work.

However, if I click on the ".." to go up a directory level, and keep doing it until I get the list of drive letters, then select c:, then the full and correct path shows up in the "local dir" box.

Alternatively I could type in the path, but for the program to work correctly (as you all have pointed out) the ENTIRE PATH, INCLUDING DRIVE LETTER must be used.

Now I have to re-read the first page of this thread to figure out what my original problem was, lol!Try setting the "local directory" to something that includes the C: and then quit TyTool. Restart and see if it comes back up correctly.

ew

rfc
06-05-2004, 05:37 PM
Try setting the "local directory" to something that includes the C: and then quit TyTool. Restart and see if it comes back up correctly.

ew

That does it. Perfect. You guys/gals are great! Thanks.

rfc
06-07-2004, 08:31 AM
At long last...my first DVD!

Took the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS directories (left all that other stuff at the root level of the output from TyTools out), brought them into Toast Titanium 5 on the Mac, Burned them as a "new DVD", and Voila! Clifford's Puppy Days are here again! Video perfect; Audio a bit hollow but totally acceptable; I'm going to frame this one and hang it on the wall (Too bad, kids).

Lesson learned:

Total path, including Drive letter needed in all fields in TyTools.

Thanks again.