PDA

View Full Version : MFS_FTP and problems at chunk splits (256/512MB)

sublimnl
05-30-2004, 07:33 PM
I've got my HDVR2 running with 4.0.1b and am having problems with ty files downloaded from MFS_FTP. I've downloaded who knows how many MIPS binaries and still have not gotten this to work properly. In my latest attempt to start from scratch I have downloaded the latest version of MFS_FTP (1.2.9p) and also the latest MIPS binaries posted in whatever thread it is that holds them AGAIN.

With this setup the ty files are the correct file size, but the recording stops at the first chunk when opening it up in WMP. Even the time count in WMP shows an improper time length for the clip. This time is exactly at the end of the first chunk. Sometime in the past couple days I had actually gotten a version of MFS_FTP setup that reported proper time lengths for the files in WMP but they still would not play beyond the first chunk.

I have seen some people post versions of the binaries that they say work perfect with MFS_FTP 1.2.9f, but I cannot find this version available for download, and using these binaries with 1.2.9p on my HDVR2 results in syntax errors when running mfs_ftp.tcl. I am about 95% sure that downloading the same clips using TyTools and TyServer works perfectly, but am going to verify that now.

Can someone plz post their working binaries and tcl script, or a tar of their mfs_ftp directory? You'd be my heeeeroooooo. ;)

sublimnl
05-30-2004, 08:23 PM
As I thought, the same clips downloaded with Tytools play fine.

JHeavner
06-09-2004, 03:25 PM
I'm having the exact same problem and I've also gone through as many MIPS as I can find. I'm not even running 4.x. I'd be interested to hear if you ever get this to work.

sublimnl
06-09-2004, 03:31 PM
please see my post here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=167897&postcount=604) and post a reply if you have the same problem that I do. so far I havent found a solution for this nor have I had anyone reply on the problem. I've pretty much given up for now as I've got a lot of other stuff on my plate...hopefully if two of us are having the same problem it will gain a little more attention.

mshook
06-09-2004, 08:08 PM
please see my post here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=167897&postcount=604) and post a reply if you have the same problem that I do. so far I havent found a solution for this nor have I had anyone reply on the problem. I've pretty much given up for now as I've got a lot of other stuff on my plate...hopefully if two of us are having the same problem it will gain a little more attention.

If this is what I think it is, mainly all versions of mfs_stream (or streams, can't remember right now) that are here for download spit some stuff on the standard error at exactly 512MB. So any recording shorter than 512 will play fine (after extraction using mfs_ftp) but will crash tytools if it's bigger than that.

Your best option, cross-recompile this tool. If you beg I'll send you a copy of the one I recompiled.

Check this link:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=148845&postcount=578 (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=148845&postcount=578
)

sublimnl
06-09-2004, 08:48 PM
Seen that post before but did not find a copy of the source code. Even then I'd have to figure out how to "cross-recompile" (which means what exactly), which I am sure is probably not that hard, just something I dunno how to do at this time. I guess what I'm saying is that this is me begging if you feel kind enough to share the wealth. If not, I'll come back to it when I don't have so much going on at work...I'm sure I can figure it out, time is the problem. ;)

desh
06-10-2004, 04:19 AM
Mshook,
Thank you for that piece of information. It appears that's also what I've been running into with both mfs_stream and vserver. Very frustrating. I've looked for the mfs_stream code but have been unable to locate it.

I've tried rebuilding TyShow to actually just ignore the invalid chunk in TySplitter.cpp's CTyFile::ParseChunk() but the cvs copy that I grabbed has a number of project build errors (and I installed directx sdk and the TyShow project as described in the readme.)

I'd really appreciate if you could post your copy of mfs_stream. If I can get TySplitter to build I'll see if I can get it to actually ignore bogus chunks.

desh
06-10-2004, 05:47 AM
Okay, I got tyshow to build properly. I was using the release/debug targets instead of the unicode release/debug ones.

I've updated TySplitter.cpp and it now properly ignores the chunk overflow. Yay! I can finally watch programs over 25 minutes without media player shutting down on me (vserver and tivowebplus!.) This also allows me to fully encode files for eTiVo!

If it's ok with d70, I'll post the updated TySplitter.ax file. Or I can just post the .cpp and you can build it for yourself. Once you have the binary, all you have to do is place it in your TyShow folder and register it with regsvr32.