PDA

View Full Version : extraction methods/tools comparison?

gregclimbs
06-08-2004, 01:34 PM
has anyone put together a comparison of extraction methods and/or tools?

comparison of speeds, failures etc?

just curious if anyone has used/tried all the methods tools out there and which is truely the best....

I have mfs_stream and tystudio installed on my s1sa and mfsstream fails all the time on extraction. tystudio fails on encoding LARGE (2+ hrs) shows to mpg.

haven't used tytools. didn't know if this would solve my problems...

thank,

g

sanderton
06-08-2004, 03:46 PM
Try it and see! (It probably will).

captain_video
06-08-2004, 04:26 PM
There are dozens of posts comparing the various extraction methods (I know because I posted a ton of them myself). Extraction speed depends mostly on the type of network adapter you're using in conjunction with the limitations imposed on the transfer rate by the Tivo itself.

One note about TyStudio - it hasn't been updated in over a year and TyTools is constantly being improved. Any ideas about which one may be the better of the two?

gregclimbs
06-08-2004, 05:35 PM
good point about the update rate. I have liked the tysutdio, but I AM suprised by the general lack of updates...

and it wasn't until I had converted then deleted the ty file that I discovered the 44k transcoding audio bug (which of course WAS documented in the readme, but the first time you read a readme file, you probably don't understand the implications of everything yet - I didn't).

will try tytools...

g