PDA

View Full Version : startup question

jbeck22
06-13-2004, 08:59 PM
I have Tivowebplus installed and it is working properly. I want to make it so that IF I have to restart my Tivo (for instance if I install another hack) that Tivowebplus automatically starts, instead of the regular Tivoweb. I made sure to answer "YES" when asked if I wanted this option when I was installing Tivowebplus the first time, but it didn't seem to take.

Also I have vserver running and it works properly, although I have to start it manually. Is there a way that I can have vserver auto-start and also run in the background so that I can do other stuff?

THanks,!

Lowcarb
06-14-2004, 11:03 AM
I have Tivowebplus installed and it is working properly. I want to make it so that IF I have to restart my Tivo (for instance if I install another hack) that Tivowebplus automatically starts, instead of the regular Tivoweb. I made sure to answer "YES" when asked if I wanted this option when I was installing Tivowebplus the first time, but it didn't seem to take.

Also I have vserver running and it works properly, although I have to start it manually. Is there a way that I can have vserver auto-start and also run in the background so that I can do other stuff?

THanks,!

You installed TWP with TPM (Tivo Package Manager)?
You previously had Tivoweb instaled via some other means?

If so you are still starting TW and then trying to start TWP on top of that. I don't know who wins that battle.

You need to check out your rc.sysinit.author file to see what it is trying to do.

At then end of it you will see a call to TPM.
# Call the Tivo Package Manager Startup Scripts
/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.tpm
That was put there by the TPM installer. You want that there.

Here is a section of an old rc.sysinit.author file of mine.

#Load telnet daemon and ftp dameon
tnlited 23 /bin/bash -login &
tivoftpd
cd /usr/mfs_ftp
/usr/mfs_ftp/mfs_ftp.tcl &
cd /

#Load tivoweb old version rc4
#/usr/tivoweb-tcl/tivoweb

#Load kmem to prevent scrambling
kmem 800b23b4 00001021

sleep 300
/usr/scripts/callfixsub.sh /usr/scripts &
/usr/scripts/sps30
/usr/scripts/sort
# Call the Tivo Package Manager Startup Scripts
/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.tpm

Note the lines it italics. That is where I used to load the old tivoweb.
Not that I commented them out with a # so they won't be executed. If you have double references to tivoweb and/or tivowebplus, you'll have to remove one set or comment one set out.

OK?

eastwind
06-14-2004, 01:19 PM
OTOH, if you didn't have TiVoWeb starting up automatically, TWP is going to win the battle by default. But you didn't mention whether you had TiVoWeb starting up before you installed TWP.

And I don't know about vserver because I don't use it. Check the thread?

ew