PDA

View Full Version : flashing tsop outside of console

noob
06-15-2004, 02:17 PM
hi all, i have got an xbox ready for flashing but the hdd blew so i got another then found out that they are locked. as i cant get the console to boot to use the mech installer, is there any way to flash the tsop outside of the console so it will boot linux straght away?

Sauron
06-22-2004, 01:28 AM
The only why that I'm aware of to now flash the TSOP is to use a modchip to do so. Honestly, even though I've flashed about 6 TSOP's for people and one of my own is flashed, I really recommend spending the $40 for a Modchip. The features on some of the new chips like the Xenium and the Executer 3.0 make it worth while.

If you need more info, I'de check xbox scene.

kungpaomaster
09-01-2004, 12:32 PM
Or you can do the original 29 wire homebrew modchip installation, boot it up and then disconnect the modchip while the xbox is still on, then flash the TSOP with Evox or flash disc. I've read a few tuts on xbox-scene. Aside from desoldering it and flashing it with a programmer, this is the only option to fix the onboard TSOP from a bad flash.

KPM

mikemar42
10-20-2004, 09:36 PM
the best way would be to use a mod chip, but im sure you could jimmy rig the thing into booting. If you have the mobo that the hd came from you could desolder the tsop and put it on your board.