PDA

View Full Version : Extraction stops at 2GB

captainfuture
06-21-2004, 05:46 AM
Hi,

Installed latest version of mfs_ftp on my S1 TiVo (2.5.1) and extraction of several shows went off without a hitch. The only problem I've encountered so far is when I extract shows bigger than 2GB. The transfer apparently stops when a filesize of exactly 2GB is reached. At first I thought the connection went down for some reason, but on the second and third try the transfer stopped at exactly the same point (i.e. exactly 2GB).

I am using wget on a Linux machine to extract the ty. I'm currently attempting another download, but this time with stderr logging to see what wget reports at the 2GB limit.

I have also looked in the mfs_ftp log, but I couldn't find anything which looks like an error and which could explain why the transfer quits at 2GB.

I have read the readme and searched through these forums for possible explanations, but haven't found any. Does anyone have an idea what I might be doing wrong? My Linux box uses ext2 so there shouldn't be any problem with >2GB files. Anyone else use wget for extracting ty's or have a better ftp client suggestion for Linux. Preferably a command line one, because I like to schedule ty extraction overnight to save my (WiFi-)bandwidth during the day.

TIA

alldeadhomiez
06-21-2004, 09:47 AM
My Linux box uses ext2 so there shouldn't be any problem with >2GB files.

Only if wget was built with -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE. strace it and make sure it is using O_LARGEFILE during open() - if not, it won't handle large files properly.

captainfuture
06-21-2004, 11:04 AM
Spot on. Thank you *very* much!