PDA

View Full Version : "Ulead Tools Fix" - what does it do?

tomreedtoon
06-27-2004, 07:35 PM
I couldn't find any explanation anywhere. What exactly does the "Ulead Tools Fix" option in MUX do? Does it patch the header of an extracted MPEG2 file so I can put the file into Ulead DVD Workshop, say? Or do I still need to patch the header with that other thingie that changes MPEG headers? Thanks for your help in advance.

captain_video
06-27-2004, 09:03 PM
That other thingie that patches headers is called DVDPatcher and yes, you will still need to use it. Earlier versions of TyTools sometimes had compatibility issues when using processed ty files with any of the Ulead products. The Ulead Tools Fix option takes care of this problem so you will be more likely to enjoy success when using the Ulead programs to author your DVDs.

rfc
06-27-2004, 10:06 PM
I have had generally good results with tytools and ulead burn now. One particular file is giving me a hell of a time. First the vob shows up as 600 mb when the original ty is 1gb. I get the "video more than 3 frames lost" thing. Bottom line: even with a vob the same size as the ty, I still get broken audio late in the show.

I have never used the ulead tools fix option. Could the symptoms above be a result of the ulead thing? I'm burning a bunch of coasters trying to figure out this. :confused:

captain_video
06-28-2004, 08:20 AM
I think the Uleaad Tools fix was geared more towards DVD Movie Factory and DVD Workshop. I'm assuming Burn Now is another Ulead program but one that I'm not familiar with. The fix is to allow you to author the converted ty files from TyTools with one of the two aforementioned programs with a greater degree of compatibility.

eastwind
06-28-2004, 06:28 PM
This is what jdiner said about it..... (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=111734&highlight=ulead+tools+fix#post111734)