PDA

View Full Version : Give a man a monte tivo it'll work a day, Teach a man to hack it will last a lifetime

Scotty79
07-01-2004, 08:33 AM
this goes back to you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day.... you teach a man to fish he'll eat for a lifetime. the same thing goes with tivo hacking all you people who use sleepers iso and the guides did not truely hack your tivo you plugged in an ide cable and hit enter. i have been away from hacking recently and i come back to disgust (other than that lovely superpatch) so many noobs talking i have a sleeper monte tivo and such it pisses me off that all you noobs think you are hackers. i wonder how many of you "hackers" could take a copy of monte mips, a u5 mfsbackup,killinitrd and come back with much more than a f'ed up tivo
when i hacked my tivo i read the entire hdvr2 hacking faq and monte thread i didnt use any iso and you know what i learned a whole lot. so in conclusion anyone who has only used sleepers iso to hack tivo and claims to be a hacker is full of shit and i feel it neccessary to give credit to the true visionarys behind monte

MuscleNerd
MrBlack51
AllDeadHomiez

right now ill be off getting the fire department

geminicat
07-01-2004, 09:09 AM
From what I have read your statement seems somewhat correct..... However help me understand which noobs are stating that they "think" they are hackers? Regardless converstaion for another day.. I personally believe the more people that f up thier tivos and have to go buy another one just helps out Tivo.. So where is the harm??? If there are peeps out there stating that all of the hacks that are on the ISO were created by Sleeper I missed that. Sleeper made it possible for many peeps, including myself to have a life outside of this. Like I said what is the harm??? So Scotty what are really mad at?? Tell us how you feel...

Scotty79
07-01-2004, 09:57 AM
someone missed the point you people scare away developers and the fact you think fing up your tivo means buy a new one means you must have forgotten to make a backup...

geminicat
07-01-2004, 03:34 PM
obviously you missed the point. Once again if there are people coming along saying give me give me give me they need to be dealt with accordingly. I thought your point was for these people to give credit where credit is due. Per my statement "If there are peeps out there stating that all of the hacks that are on the ISO were created by Sleeper I missed that." I made a back up Scotty so not sure where you are getting that. Must be a conversation you are having with someone else. What I was trying to state "is that if someone f's up their Tivo they have the option to learn or go buy a new one". Either way the person learns more or Tivo makes more.. Answer my question "what is the harm"??? I agree there are allot of questions that can be answered if someone searches... Personally I respect and admire the developers for making their contributions public. I also say that I respect Sleeper for doing the script to combine it all. Both groups should get the respect and admiration from all peeps... When's the last time you sent an email to Vint Cerf and recognized his contribution to TCP/IP??? Or sent a letter to FORD for helping come up with the concept of Mass producing Cars via the assembly line... Per your theory no one should detail or update their vehicle with even new tires by themselves unless they know how to build it... You raising chickens in the back yard to kill pluck and dress for diner?? Or are you hunting that chicken your self so that you can eat???

"this goes back to you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day.... you teach a man to fish he'll eat for a lifetime"... If you follow this precept all the time good for you but I doubt it. If you follow this precept only on a forum when it meets your needs at the time its hypocritical... If you don't understand what I am saying no amount of explanation will help.

dswaIIow
07-01-2004, 04:29 PM
I used to think very highly of sleeper but then i saw him selling other programmers work and trying to make money off the backs of his friends. Then i found out that he didn't even write anything in the sleeper iso, he just copied it from the tivo elders and put his name on it, that is very clear because when you ask him a question about something he doesn't know how anything on the iso works. Sleeper is just a selfish credit hog like that guy at the office who takes credit for the stuff you thought of and puts his own name on it. He only cares about one person, himself.

Gemini cat STFU you are just another fanboy, if you like sleeper so much why don't you go blow him so we don't have to listen to you sucking up :cool:

geminicat
07-01-2004, 04:48 PM
if you are not intelligent enough to keep it civil back off and STFU yourself... Figures you would resort to the Blow Me comment with a handle like Swallow... Does your Boyfriend know this??

If you don't understand what I am saying no amount of explanation will help.

dswaIIow
07-01-2004, 05:05 PM
In case you haven't noticed i am gay, there is nothing wrong with being gay, and you are an intolerent bigot if you have a problem with it ass hole

So now that we have an understanding go STFU and share the love with your idol sleeper :p

geminicat
07-01-2004, 05:07 PM
if you are not intelligent enough to keep it civil back off and STFU yourself... Figures you would resort to the Blow Me comment with a handle like Swallow..

Nice post by the way: http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35136

JJBliss
07-02-2004, 10:24 AM
Well,

let's see...

troll post.
retort.
troll post.
retort.
troll post / flame.
flame.
flame.