PDA

View Full Version : mfs_ftp/tytools get TimeZone (not UK) problem

KiranOtter
07-05-2004, 03:38 PM
I have a Toshiba SD-H400 SA-S2 that I did the sleeper/monte on, from the original 80G to a 160G. The 160G has worked since the first try, and I can telnet and ftp.. but I can not get the mfs_ftp to work to save my life. It's running 5.1.1b.

I've spent the last 3 days trying to figure this out. I think I've read just about every post on this forum. No matter what I try, everything I try to run, if it's NowShowing.tcl, or tserver_mfs7_mips, or mfs_ftp.tcl, I get an error about an 'invalid attribute Time Zone'. I read about the tz zero problem.. I tried other NowShowing.tcl files, all do the same thing.

Tivoweb is working, I can open the tivo in a web browser, and I tried the mfsstreamweb98b as well, and when I pick on mfsstream in the browser, I again get the same error:

action_mfsstream '/' ''
invalid attribute: TimeZone
while executing
"dbobj $setup get TimeZone"
("uplevel" body line 4)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"transaction {uplevel $body}"
(procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
if { $versionnum == "2" } {
set setup [db $db open /Setup]
set setuptz [dbobj $setup get TimeZone]
} elseif { $versio..."
(procedure "set_timezone" line 9)
invoked from within
"set_timezone"
(procedure "::action_mfsstream" line 53)
invoked from within
"::action_$action $chan $part $env"
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
"eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"

If I run NowShowing.tcl (from the TyTool9r14\TSERVER_Series2_MIPS folder) I get:

tivo:/var/hack$ NowShowing.tcl
invalid attribute: TimeZone
while executing
"dbobj $setup get TimeZone"
("uplevel" body line 5)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {

# set defrecquality [dbobj $setup get RecordQuality]
set setuptz [dbobj $setup ..."
(procedure "init_db" line 45)
invoked from within
"init_db"
(file "./NowShowing.tcl" line 480)

One post said to check the time zone setting in the tivosh.. well, I don't see much when I look:

tivo:/var/hack$ tivosh
% dumpobj /Setup
Setup 26837/10 {
IndexPath = /Setup
Source = 26837/11
Version = 20
}
%

I've followed a few how-tos, deleted files, started over, went through all the mount commands and chmod 755s.. I'll admit I know little about Linux but I've worked with PCs for 20+ years.. not that that means much!

If I start the server in TyTools, I get:

Telneting to the TIVO...
Connecting to '192.168.0.200'
Connected...
We got 'tivo:/var/tmp$ ' which is the prompt!
tivo:/var/tmp$ /var/hack/tserver_mfs7_mips -s /var/hack/NowShowing.tcl
failed to open []
Not a TiVo super block! (magic=0x00000000)
tivo:/var/tmp$

Once, I got it to not give this error by re-chmoding the two files. There was a lot of traffic on the network connection, but I couldn't get a list of what's showing in TyTools. I haven't been able to get it to do that again.

So I don't know what's wrong. I have a feeling it's the 5.1.1b firmware.

I also can not ftp on port 3105.. but that seems normal since I can't start the mfs_ftp.

Well, that's my problem.. I really appreciate all the effort folks have put into helping others.. but whatever I'm missing is really eluding me.

BTUx9
07-05-2004, 05:35 PM
The easiest way to fix this would be to manually enter your tzoffset.
for EDT (which is GMT-4), the TZOffset is -4*3600 = -14400
so, you create a file, tzoffset.txt in the mfs_ftp dir containing:

set info(tzoffset) -14400
For tserver, you need the MuscleNerd binaries, but his nowshowing is broken for 5.x, too.

Could you post the contents of /State/LocationConfig? (using dumpobj)

KiranOtter
07-05-2004, 06:49 PM
The easiest way to fix this would be to manually enter your tzoffset.
for EDT (which is GMT-4), the TZOffset is -4*3600 = -14400
so, you create a file, tzoffset.txt in the mfs_ftp dir containing:

set info(tzoffset) -14400
For tserver, you need the MuscleNerd binaries, but his nowshowing is broken for 5.x, too.

Could you post the contents of /State/LocationConfig? (using dumpobj)

Sure..

% dumpobj /State/LocationConfig
LocationConfig 26840/10 {
IndexPath = /State/LocationConfig
PostalCode = 33309
TimeZoneOffset = -18000
Version = 5
}
%

I tried making a tzoffset.txt as you suggested. It doesn't look like it had any effect. I disabled the auto-start of mfs_ftp.tcl and tserver_mfs.tcl, restarted, then manually started these two. The first starts ok, the second says it's waiting for a connection, and when I try to refresh in TyTools, I get the same error about the time zone etc.

BTUx9
07-05-2004, 09:08 PM
I tried making a tzoffset.txt as you suggested. It doesn't look like it had any effect. I disabled the auto-start of mfs_ftp.tcl and tserver_mfs.tcl, restarted, then manually started these two. The first starts ok, the second says it's waiting for a connection, and when I try to refresh in TyTools, I get the same error about the time zone etc.
Since mfs_ftp is now starting up, it DID help.

As I said before, to get tytool running, you need to d/l musclenerd's tserver and a replacement nowshowing.tcl that I fixed to work with v5.x (attached)

KiranOtter
07-06-2004, 06:47 PM
You may be right about the timezone.txt file helping.. msf_ftp.tcl starts without an error, with or without it. But when I start tserver_mfs I get a new message about 'db' being.. an invalid argument?

As I started to write this, I went back and set the two above to run on startup. Same thing in Tivoweb.. about the timezone.. does that timezone.txt need to go in the Tivoweb folder as well? But what I could do was FTP on port 3105 now. I saw the Ty/Ty+ folders, etc.. but was unable to download anything. I'm not so worried about this at the moment..

I went to get the 'db' error message to add here.. and..

I changed mfs_ftp.tcl and tserver_mfs to not auto start in rc.sysinit.author, restarted... and now I can't FTP (21 or 3105) and I can't telnet anymore, and there's no response from tivoweb either. I can ping the Tivo.. and I've tried restarting it. Otherwise, it's up and running and I can watch TV. So I'm not sure now what I've done.

I may restore from the backup.. and do the surgery and.. whatever that other step was.. but let me ask something..

What I really need is about 16 hours of recorded stuff on the old 80G. I started to read about how to do this, but I'm challenged as it is with all this. Is it something I should even attempt? I can just capture it off the Tivo with the original drive in it playing.. but obviously I'd rather copy/FTP it off the drive. My plan was that if I got the new drive to work with FTP, then I'd go forward with trying to make a copy of the 80G with the saved recordings, and set the ftp up on it..

The other thing is.. with the new 160G drive, it still reports it has 80 hours recording time.. the same it had with the 80G. Is this '80-hours' just hard coded in the tivo's info and it really sees the 160G? Or is it not seeing the drive and truly reporting only 80 hours? I saw a post where someone mentioned there was a thread about this, but I couldn't find it.

Sorry for such a long-winded post.. and I very very very much appreciate your help!

BTUx9
07-06-2004, 07:05 PM
re: no more telnet, etc.
90% chance you forgot to chmod +x rc.sysinit.author

re: tivoweb
did you install the latest tivoweb+, and disable the old tivoweb that tivoscripts iinstalled? (in rc.sysinit.author)

re: db error message
it may be that you didn't xfer showing.tcl in binary mode... please post the real error when you find it

re: 80 gb on toshiba SD-H400
there's info about that problem in this thread (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33080&page=1&pp=15) but it looks like there's been no solution yet.

KiranOtter
07-06-2004, 07:40 PM
Gah.. you're right about the +x on rc.sysinit.author.. I know I didn't the last time I saved it..

I assume now I have to re-monte the drive?

As far as Tivoweb, yes.. I disabled what was in rc.sysinit.author. Here's the file:

#!/bin/bash
date>>/var/hack/log/hackinit.log

#Enviroment Variables
export PATH=/sbin:/bin:/tivobin:/busybox:/tvbin:.
export TIVO_ROOT=
export MFS_DEVICE=/dev/hda10
export IGNOREEOF=1000
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/lib/modules
export TERM=xterm
export PS1='\h:\w$ '

#Start BASH
/bin/bash</dev/ttyS2&>/dev/ttyS2&

#Setup HOSTNAME
/bin/hostname tivo

#Set the IP address
#ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.200 broadcast 192.168.0.255 netmask 255.255.255.0
#route add default gw 192.168.0.1 netmask 0.0.0.0 metric 1

#Load telnet daemon and ftp dameon
tnlited 23 /bin/bash -login &
tivoftpd

#cd /var/mfs_ftp
#/var/mfs_ftp/mfs_ftp.tcl &
#cd /

#cd /var/mfs_ftp
#/var/mfs_ftp/tserver_mfs &
#cd /

cd /var/local/tivoweb-tcl
/var/local/tivoweb-tcl/vserver &
cd /

cd /var/local/tivoweb-tcl
/var/local/tivoweb-tcl/tivoweb
cd /

/var/hack/tyhttpd 2000 4 >> /dev/null &

#Load tivoweb
#/usr/tivoweb-tcl/tivoweb

#Load kmem to prevent scrambling
#kmem 800bf958 00001021

sleep 300
/usr/scripts/callfixsub.sh /usr/scripts &
#/usr/scripts/sps30
#/usr/scripts/sort

Man, I was so close. Back to square one. :(

Waruwaru
07-06-2004, 07:44 PM
Gah.. you're right about the +x on rc.sysinit.author.. I know I didn't the last time I saved it..

You don't have to re-monte the drive again. Just put the drive into your PC, boot up Sleeper's CD and chmod the file directly. If you have a serial cable, then you can even do it without taking the drive out.

BTUx9
07-06-2004, 07:45 PM
I assume now I have to re-monte the drive?

no, but you do have to pull it, and mount it in a pc.
boot to the tivoscripts disk, press alt-F2, then you should be able to mount the tivo partition and chmod the author file.

waruwaru: how would you repair via serial with author not executable? It doesn't spawn serial bash.

KiranOtter
07-06-2004, 07:58 PM
Ah, that makes sense.. and unfortunately I don't have a serial cable.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to mount a drive or change to it to chmod the file. And the person I usually bug with Linux 101 questions isn't around. But I will try this!

Thanks!

Waruwaru
07-06-2004, 08:22 PM
waruwaru: how would you repair via serial with author not executable? It doesn't spawn serial bash.

Hmmm, I thought he just need to chmod his rc.sysinit.author, and serial bash is started in rc.sysinit before it calls on rc.sysinit.author? Please smack me in the head when I am spewing off incorrect info. Thanks.

KiranOtter
07-06-2004, 09:17 PM
Okay, I got it going again.. and learned a bit about mounting file systems..

Here's the error I get when I try to refresh TyTools after starting tserver_mfs:

SERVER: We got a message! buf = 'SHOWING'
can't read "db": no such variable
while executing
"db $db open /Setup"
("uplevel" body line 2)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {

(procedure "GetTZO" line 16)
invoked from within
"GetTZO"
(procedure "init_db" line 31)
invoked from within
"init_db"
(file "./NowShowing.tcl" line 482)
Waiting for an incoming connection!

malfunct
07-06-2004, 10:26 PM
Okay, I got it going again.. and learned a bit about mounting file systems..

Here's the error I get when I try to refresh TyTools after starting tserver_mfs:

SERVER: We got a message! buf = 'SHOWING'
can't read "db": no such variable
while executing
"db $db open /Setup"
("uplevel" body line 2)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {

(procedure "GetTZO" line 16)
invoked from within
"GetTZO"
(procedure "init_db" line 31)
invoked from within
"init_db"
(file "./NowShowing.tcl" line 482)
Waiting for an incoming connection!

The method to get the timezone varies from version to version on the tivo. There are threads regarding how you fix the issue for a particular tivo (or at least explain what the problem is). You might try getting the newest version of NowShowing.tcl (if you haven't already) as I think there were a few improvements in it regarding the issue you are seeing. Don't know what to say about mfs_ftp though as I don't use it and its a fully separate program.

KiranOtter
07-14-2004, 10:38 PM
I just wanted to let folks know that I more or less gave up on trying to get this stuff to work. I do very much appreciate the attempts to help though!

Kiran

wen1
08-11-2004, 10:29 PM
see my post at http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=178893 for a working NowShowing.tcl