PDA

View Full Version : They canceled my lifetime sub @#$%

milhouse
08-27-2001, 09:09 PM
I think that Directv is teaching Tivo how to get people to want to gain their services with out paying. I bought a Directivo about 8 months ago. I sub'd (grey market from Canada), and bought a lifetime membership. About two months later I canceled my subscription and every thing worked fine...until now. Today the status show account closed. I guess thats why they call it testing..

It's not worth trying to hack your Tivo when you can buy a lifetime subscrition for $200. Now that they are canceling paid sub's it is worth activating through hacking.

I thing we are going to see a lot more interest in hacking the Tivo in the near future.

While we are at it we should compile a pitou build that will run on the Tivo and use a pitou-mux connected over the tivo net.

milhouse.

Vadim
08-27-2001, 09:47 PM
hahaha! I think its a great idea of compiling pituo under TiVo linux.
hahaha that will the king of all hacks!.

GoneSilent
08-28-2001, 12:37 AM
while the cpu in the box is one of the best for all out number crunching it just dosnt have it to do both the stream and decode. But.... You know that sexy little slot on all tivos for testing. Well I have seen and played with a working Dtivo with a small 486board computer with eth net running as the emu and provideing eth. All nice and neat inside the box. It was so sexy. Now that tivo has entered into the world of dss, dealers have been payying good money for tivo hacks that deal with dss. The dss underground is huge look for it to cross over to tivo.

Vadim
08-28-2001, 08:41 AM
Yeah, I guess we'll be seeing some major hacks from them soon huh?