PDA

View Full Version : No Menu DVD

userbob2000
07-15-2004, 01:53 PM
I have gotten a ty stream off my Tivo of a movie. Using Tytools 8r13, I made a vob file. I would like to be able to create a DVD using that vob file. I do not want to create a menu, I just want the movie to play. I would also like to have chapter points (I don't really care about what the spacing is). I have used the really basic DVD authoring portion of Tytools to create a movie with success, I just really do not like their created menu.

captain_video
07-15-2004, 05:07 PM
You do realize that you're not limited to the basic menu in TyTools, don't you? You can import background graphics and use various templates for creating a variety of menus instead of just a title with the teal background.

If you just want to create a DVD that will play when you insert it into your DVD player instead of having to access a menu then check out TMPGEnc. It has a basic DVD creation feature that does exactly what you're asking. You may have to import elemental streams instead of mpegs or VOB files but I can't remember as it has been a very long time since I've used it.

malfunct
07-15-2004, 05:15 PM
I have gotten a ty stream off my Tivo of a movie. Using Tytools 8r13, I made a vob file. I would like to be able to create a DVD using that vob file. I do not want to create a menu, I just want the movie to play. I would also like to have chapter points (I don't really care about what the spacing is). I have used the really basic DVD authoring portion of Tytools to create a movie with success, I just really do not like their created menu.

Make the dvd with the menu using tytool, then use dvdshrink or ifoedit to remove the menu and link the first vob to dvd start so that it just plays.

bato
07-15-2004, 07:34 PM
Make the dvd with the menu using tytool, then use dvdshrink or ifoedit to remove the menu and link the first vob to dvd start so that it just plays.
or use pgcedit to change the commands that points to the menu, so it points to the first vob. You can change the last command to return to first vob or simply exit.

eastwind
07-16-2004, 05:30 PM
Or just check either of my posts (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=173470&postcount=47) in the Tytool Enhancement Techniques thread. No need to do anything more complicated than editting the make.bat file.

ew