PDA

View Full Version : TyTool 9r14 - DVD shifts video offscreen

rilian
07-15-2004, 06:18 PM
I've just tried TyTools for the first time, and downloaded, edited and converted a show with no problems at all. I was very impressed...

...until I played it on the standalone DVD player.

The video was offset about 1/3 of a screen to the left, and I think up a little, so there was a blank rectangle at the right of the screen bordered by a vertical green line. Also, there seemed to be frequent tiny pauses in playback.

Can anyone offer suggestions? This makes TyTool pretty much useless!

(If it matters I'm in the UK, so PAL format video, and a SA TiVo version 2.5)

thanks lots for any tips!

malfunct
07-15-2004, 06:35 PM
I've just tried TyTools for the first time, and downloaded, edited and converted a show with no problems at all. I was very impressed...

...until I played it on the standalone DVD player.

The video was offset about 1/3 of a screen to the left, and I think up a little, so there was a blank rectangle at the right of the screen bordered by a vertical green line. Also, there seemed to be frequent tiny pauses in playback.

Can anyone offer suggestions? This makes TyTool pretty much useless!

(If it matters I'm in the UK, so PAL format video, and a SA TiVo version 2.5)

thanks lots for any tips!

This is a FAQ, the video from is not a "standard" dvd resolution (its 480x480 in most cases and dvd expects 720x480 and 352x480 or something like that. Numbers are differnent for PAL but concept is the same) and your player can't handle it. The fix is to get another dvd player. You could also transcode the video to the correct resolution but this has lots of issues that have been explained in the forum many times. Search through this forum for more info on ty to dvd issues with resolution.