PDA

View Full Version : CCXStream

tivo_rvr2k3
06-18-2004, 05:57 PM
I just set up my XBMC with the June 2004 (6/6/04???) version. I am able to view my DTivo contents with TivoX control station. Thanks Carlos!

However when I try and set up ccxstream via './ccxstream' I am getting permission denied. Does it matter what directory I put the ccxtream file into? I am really frustrated. I tried putting ccxstream in the folder where my TivoWebPlus folder is then I tried it in var/hacks directory. I download the series 2 version, since I am running a Samsung S4040R.

Also, is there a way to check if ty streaming is employed in my version of XBMC player? Is it listed under the codecs section of the XBMC directory?

Any help would be much appreciated.

tivo_rvr2k3
06-20-2004, 12:00 PM
I figured out how to run ccxstream. I wasn't CHMODing it before trying to run it. Now I need to figure out which version gives me the best sync quality.

rshu330
06-25-2004, 06:38 AM
Where do you get ccxstream from? I see some binaries posted in the forum, but they don't seem to work for me. I can navigate to my tivo using tivox, but cannot play my recorded shows. I have a series 1, sony svr2000. When I run the binary I have, nothing happens. There are no messages, which makes me think that it is incompatible. I can try to compile the source code, but I don't quite know how to do this. thanks.

tivo_rvr2k3
06-28-2004, 12:32 PM
I used the series 2 binaries. Once I ran the chmod command, they worked with the standard command './ccxstream' . I put it in my var/hack directory.

I did not compile anything, just ran the program. I am able to watch some of my Tivo shows, but not all of them for some reason. I haven't really played with it once I got the ccxstream running the first time.

rshu330
06-28-2004, 12:40 PM
Thanks for replyin, tivo_rvr2k3. Does anyone have the series 1 binary, or can compile it for me? The ones that are posted in the forum do not work on my box. After I chmod and execute the program, nothing happens. Thanks in advance!

dB02
07-16-2004, 12:18 AM
Where can I get a WORKING binary of ccxstream? Whenever I run it nothing happens and it goes to the flashing _ on a line by its self?

carlosp_uk
07-19-2004, 01:49 PM
I've posted binaries on the TiVoX Control Station support page:

www.fatattitude.com/software

dB02
07-20-2004, 10:16 AM
now when I run ccxtest it says
doing dir n ''
rootdir: /
listing files
listing file LiveTV
file info: /LiveTV /LiveTV
1) Live TV
listing files
listing file NowShowing
file info: /NowShowing /NowShowing
2) NowShowing
listing files
>

then it just stops.. any ideas?

when I try to play in XBMC i get PLAYING.. and then nothing happens

carlosp_uk
07-20-2004, 02:16 PM
Hello

My best guess is that for some reason the ccxstream software is unable to list your 'Now Showing' directory; possibly due to some sort of error in the mfs, or a rogue file or similar.

Do you have tivoweb? Is THAT able to list your 'Now Showing' directory?

Firstly, I'd check you've DEFINITELY got the correct, most recent, version of ccxstream, and try rebooting the tivo. Secondly, I'd try deleting all your 'Now Showing' programs if that doesn't work. Thirdly, I'd look for the tivo to xbox streaming thread and post there.

dB02
07-20-2004, 09:48 PM
Hey,
I have TivoWeb Plus will that work?

I will try TivoWeb and see that it can display the now playing list and everything works...

TivoX shows the list of the shows and the info of the programs still tho

Mr novice
08-08-2004, 03:07 PM
can someone either PM me or post a complied version for the series2? I have check a couple links here and at source forge and I can seem to find them. I do have the source code I think but I'm not sure how to compile it. Any help would be greatly appreicated.

Nevermind found them :D

AVo
08-26-2004, 06:30 PM
I think my question is simple and will appear to be basic to many of you but networking with the xbox is new to me. I can connect my xbox with Flash FXP and transfer files, no problem. I recently heard that you can network your xbox with ccXstream and I keep reading that its easy. Well I've been trying it and its not. I have XBMC 1.0 (by HTB via xbins) and ccXstream 1.3. I drag my files and start server but when I go to my videos and select xbms it pauses for a while and then opens up to nothing. Can someone, ANYONE please help me out. I would be very appreciative. :confused:

kungpaomaster
09-01-2004, 12:53 PM
Anyone made a tut yet?

That would be a good one.

Digitalden
12-27-2004, 10:32 PM
now when I run ccxtest it says
doing dir n ''
rootdir: /
listing files
listing file LiveTV
file info: /LiveTV /LiveTV
1) Live TV
listing files
listing file NowShowing
2) NowShowing
listing files
>

then it just stops.. any ideas?

when I try to play in XBMC i get PLAYING.. and then nothing happens

Is there a solutionfor this ?? I have finally hacked my HDVR2 3.1.1e and everything is working great but streaming to my xbox. I receive the same results as above :(

Digitalden
12-31-2004, 05:44 PM
I still cant get streaming to my xbox working. I see ccxsteam running on the Tivo when I do a ps-x but when I select play on the xbox it just sits there :) Also ccxtest does this when I run it. Can anyone please help me.

(none):/var/hack/bin$
(none):/var/hack/bin$ ccxtest
Connecting to xbmsp://localhost:1400/
1) LiveTV
2) NowShowing
>

BigDaddyDrew
01-02-2005, 12:40 PM
Your problem could be many things. I was having similar problems. I have 4.01b software running on a SD-DVR80 and xmbc (12-04-2004 cvs build - they all should work from 4-19-2004) running. I needed the ccxstream and ccxfile.c for 4.x software for it to properly list the ty streams and play on my xbmc. This assumes that you have your tivo and xbmc correctly configured on your network. One note: the stream can take up to 5-10 secs before actually playing on the xbox.

Digitalden
01-02-2005, 06:13 PM
My xbox can see the now playing list. I can delete shows but I cant stream. What are the results suppose to show when I run the ccxtest on the tivo ??

BigDaddyDrew
01-02-2005, 07:34 PM
the ccxtest program will let you browse your directory. type in help or ? and it will give you a list of commands. I not using Tivox streaming, im using either the auto detect xmbs or set up tivo with xbms:\\192.168.0.xx:1400\ in your xml file. try that

Digitalden
01-02-2005, 08:43 PM
Your a life saver!! I never thought of just using auto detect xmbs . That worked like a champ. Not sure why TivoX Control Station v1.1 never worked.
Thanks again. This whole time ccxstream was working but the Tivox part was broke.

the ccxtest program will let you browse your directory. type in help or ? and it will give you a list of commands. I not using Tivox streaming, im using either the auto detect xmbs or set up tivo with xbms:\\192.168.0.xx:1400\ in your xml file. try that

BigDaddyDrew
01-02-2005, 10:01 PM
Good to hear. I've been working all weekend to hack my tivo, get tivoweb plus, HMO features, tivo folders and xbox streaming working. I'm still working on optimizing everything.

rgardjr
01-03-2005, 02:28 PM
Well I was playing around with ccxstream and TiVoX this weekend. The only problem I'm having is streaming the Live streams on my DirecTivo Sony SAT-T60. I set up for xbms streaming by editing the XBMC xml file adding xbms:\\192.168.0.105:1400\ to the video section. When I use the ccxstream from the fatAttitude site I don't seen anything in the Live directory. I also tested a different version of ccxstream posted here:
http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=166420&postcount=183
Using this version I see the 2 live feeds in the live directory, but when I try to stream from them nothing happens. Anybody got any ideas for me? I can stream the Now Playing tys with both versions of ccxstream I mentioned above. Any better versions of ccxstream available for series one Directivos?

BigDaddyDrew
01-04-2005, 11:17 AM
Is your Sony a S1 tivo? I couldn't tell what version that ccxstream file is for, but make sure you are using the S1 ccxstream if this is not the case. (You probably know this already) I also saw a thread mentioning someone running their Sony T60 had to specify explicitly the directory when running ccxstream by using "ccxstream -r / &" . Using a -d will also show the debug log output, that may help as well. So, are your Now Showing files all showing up and working?

rgardjr
01-04-2005, 12:21 PM
Is your Sony a S1 tivo? I couldn't tell what version that ccxstream file is for, but make sure you are using the S1 ccxstream if this is not the case. (You probably know this already) I also saw a thread mentioning someone running their Sony T60 had to specify explicitly the directory when running ccxstream by using "ccxstream -r / &" . Using a -d will also show the debug log output, that may help as well. So, are your Now Showing files all showing up and working?

Yes it is a S1 Directivo. I'm using the S1 ccxstream version that I downloaded from the fatattitude site. I've been starting ccstream with "ccxstream -r / &". I have played around with debug with -d and it was showing the two live feeds they just don't show up on the xbox to select. My Now Showing files are showing up and working-my only problem is with the two live streams not being available.

garyk-sj
01-17-2005, 11:55 AM
This is driving me crazy! I have tried all the versions of ccxstreams I could find. I am using the one that came from Sourceforge now, still nothing! I am running 4.01b on a HDVR2. Below is what I get from ccxstream in debug mode when trying to stream ANY videos from my xbox:

DEBUG ccxstream.c:1943 New connection
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1909 Connection closing
over and over and over and over and over......

Any help would be great!!

Thanks

--UPDATE

Ok, after banging my head agains the screen and playing with it some more. I found that my Sony T-60 is working fine, I can see all the videos and play them no problem. On my HDVR2 (Running 4.01b) I can't see ANY of the videos, so there is nothing to play. CCXTest shows nothing as well. I do get the "XBMSP-1.0 1.0 CcXstream Media Server 1.0.15" when I go to port 1400. I have double checked and my rc.sysinit.author has the following "export MFS_DEVICE=/dev/hda10". So what else can it be???

Thanks in advance!

jkrell
01-23-2005, 12:53 PM
I've posted binaries on the TiVoX Control Station support page:

www.fatattitude.com/software

Carlos:

I am going to try the S1 binary on TiVo now -- I assume these work fine with XBMC 1.1.0. Have you tested the modified home.xml file with XBMC 1.1.0?? I'll go ahead and give it a shot.

Thanks,
Jason

jkrell
01-23-2005, 01:19 PM
I am going to try the S1 binary on TiVo now -- I assume these work fine with XBMC 1.1.0. Have you tested the modified home.xml file with XBMC 1.1.0?? I'll go ahead and give it a shot.

I tried ccXstream on my SAT-T60 and it worked fine.

The home.xml file did not work with 1.1.0, or at least with the MediaPortalX skin I have loaded.

jkrell
01-23-2005, 03:12 PM
I tried ccXstream on my SAT-T60 and it worked fine.

I take that back. Everything works fine and I can stream my shows, but then when I am done and go back to XBMC, leave my Now Showing list, and return to My Video, I cannot see any of my shows in Now Showing. I have to reboot TiVo to get it to work again.

What's up with THAT?

Grenex
01-23-2005, 05:26 PM
so why does tivox not work anymore, but i can still use an smb shortcut?

jkrell
01-23-2005, 07:32 PM
I take that back. Everything works fine and I can stream my shows, but then when I am done and go back to XBMC, leave my Now Showing list, and return to My Video, I cannot see any of my shows in Now Showing. I have to reboot TiVo to get it to work again.

What's up with THAT?

I found a different version of ccXstream that works just fine. A couple of the files won't stream for some reason, but nothing I care much about.

jkrell
01-23-2005, 07:34 PM
so why does tivox not work anymore, but i can still use an smb shortcut?

TiVoX uses the XBMSP protocol (ccXstream), not SMB. XBMSP can be very quirky. That is why SMB is recommended as the first option, because it (a) does not require extra software and (b) does not have the bugs.

Unfortunately, for TiVo, ccXstream is the ONLY option.

Grenex
01-24-2005, 08:16 AM
Sorry...i meant XBMSP

but why does TIvox still not work?

jkrell
01-24-2005, 12:04 PM
Sorry...i meant XBMSP

but why does TIvox still not work?

Did you modify the IP address in the .py file to point to your TiVo?

Grenex
01-24-2005, 12:09 PM
The IP has always been set.

Sept 4th release works fine with Tivox
Didnt try upgrading until Dec. 04
December-jan 12 only showed "now playing list"
1-18-05 does not work at all

Its not the .py file (that i know of)

jkrell
01-24-2005, 12:31 PM
I am stumped. I am new to this, however. My TiVoX works fine, but I am using the 10-17-04 XBMC build. I may try moving to a more recent build -- I want to review the changelogs to see if it is worthwhile.

Snatch
01-25-2005, 02:22 AM
My LiveTV streams fine with my S2, but when I try to list my NowShowing, I get this error on the bash:

listing file NowShowing
listing files
doing dir on 'NowShowing'
Invalid type 12337 in schema_attrib
Invalid type 12337 in schema_attrib

[1]+ Segmentation fault ccxstream -r /

Any thoughts?

My gut feeling is that I got something in saved that ccxstream doesn't like, but I wouldn't know.

Also, I get some audio sync problems. Is this easily addressed? In case it matters, I've got a Linksys 100M USB (v1) Ethernet Adapter.

jhr1948
01-26-2005, 03:03 PM
hi all,
i'm actually very much a noob on the tivo side(friend hacked it for me), but i do know the xbox alright. this may or may not help people but let me tell you where i saw things go wrong w/xbmc.

you could say i became an xbmc update nut in the months of nov & dec. i did/do have tivox running fine. i noticed that the after dec. 20 (or so) either the tivox python script or ccxstream doesn't work w/xbmc anymore.

i thought it was the new mplayer in xbmc(maybe ty playback was broken), but i extracted a ty file, dropped it in my xbox hd and it played fine.

the only explaination left is that tivox script or ccxstream is getting messed up w/the latest xbmc relases. i don't have ccxstream constantly running, so i run a telnet session to my tivo and manually execute "./ccxstream" to watch somthing. when i choose a show to watch (using the newer xbmc builds) my telnet session goes wacky. it starts listing my "now showing" list in my telnet window, but does not play the show i chose.

phew that seemed long, sorry, but i have yet seen someone mention the problem i started seeing. luckily i have 2 xboxes w/xbmc(as the dashboard) so i kept the last working xbmc (around dec 19)on one of them. i have a series 2 and streaming works pretty darn good. so i can say it works, but the late dec. builds and newer don't. if anyone wants the working (xbmc), let me know. i liked tivo streaming so much i took out the weather section & replaced it w/tivo so i can run tivox from the xbmc's main menu.

sorry so long

Grenex
01-26-2005, 03:09 PM
hi all,
you could say i became an xbmc update nut in the months of nov & dec. i did/do have tivox running fine. i noticed that the after dec. 20 (or so) either the tivox python script or ccxstream doesn't work w/xbmc anymore.

i thought it was the new mplayer in xbmc(maybe ty playback was broken), but i extracted a ty file, dropped it in my xbox hd and it played fine.

the only explaination left is that tivox script or ccxstream is getting messed up w/the latest xbmc relases. i don't have ccxstream constantly running, so i run a telnet session to my tivo and manually execute "./ccxstream" to watch somthing. when i choose a show to watch (using the newer xbmc builds) my telnet session goes wacky. it starts listing my "now showing" list in my telnet window, but does not play the show i chose.

Yes!!! YEs!!! I am having the same issue (as mentioned above) Anything after Dec. build does not work with TivoX. I can hit the .ty file from other means, but TIVOX script is not working on the new builds.
Thank god I am not alone.....
Now....does anyone have an answer as to WHY?

jhr1948
01-26-2005, 05:47 PM
i'm just as happy to see i wasn't the only one either. i was searching the forums to see if anyone had similar expiriences. your right, i can get still get the ty file streaming using xbmsp & ccxstream. meaning something w/ the tivox script.

well really something w/xbmc. the tivox script did not change only the xbmc builds.

i haven't checked lately if this issue has been brought up at the xbmc forums, has anyone posted this problem there? maybe that's where we should post. (considering the problem is xbmc not really tivox)

opinions?

oops, Grenex, i see you already posted at the xbmc forums already. i also see no one's replied. d'oh!!

jkrell
01-26-2005, 07:34 PM
Hey --

I am not at home so I cannot even unrar this, nor do I have a post-December 20 build of XBMC (still using 10/17 because I know it is stable), but does the attached file have a working .py file that works with later builds?? I think this was put together to address your problems.

I found it at http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/Software/XboxAndTiVo

Let me know if it works, because I would like to move to a newer build of XBMC, but I don't want to lose the integration with TiVo!!

jhr1948
01-26-2005, 11:22 PM
just tried it jkrell, no go. :confused:

if i knew how to mess w/the script i would try things out. what seems to be happening (in my telnet window) is when i try to play a selected show, i see in my telnet window that the play command is retrieving the "now showing" list.

when the script works correctly (my older xbmc build) and i play a show, nothing happens in the telnet window. damn i wish i took a computer class in college. :rolleyes:

oldbastivo
01-27-2005, 06:55 PM
Well, I can also help confirm that the update doesn't fix the problem -- at least with my version of XBMC. The script communicated w/ the tivo just fine and is able to retrieve the program data (if you actually look at the python script, it's right -- of course it works).

This suggests the possibility that new versions of XBMC have managed to lose/break their tivo streaming support. I suppose I can always have two versions of XBMC on the box, but that seems like a pretty hideous hack... It's bad enough that I have to leave XBMC for DVD (menu) support.

Grenex
01-30-2005, 05:08 PM
This suggests the possibility that new versions of XBMC have managed to lose/break their tivo streaming support.

Not 100% true. I can stream the video if i set up an XBMSP link in the "Videos" section of XBMC. Just that the interface from there SUCKS!

It is definately something with the python script and the way it interacts with the new version of XBMC.

Does anyone know how to contact the developer of the script?

Grenex
01-30-2005, 05:57 PM
I just tried the 1.2 tivox script (posted above) with 1-28-05 XBMC. The "now showing" feature works again (as opposed to 2 weeks ago when this broke also), and i can see the list of shows and get descritpions, but when i hit play, it pauses (for 2 seconds) and then does nothing. Same thing I have been seeing.

jimthev
02-05-2005, 02:54 AM
I also can see titles in "Now Showing" but can't play them. When I request a title to be played, tivo is resending a directory listing (which is accounting for the delay) and then nothing else happens. I can also browse manually to the tivo in the 'My Videos' and *can* play titles from there. This happens in version 1.2 of tivox (posted above) with a XBMC that was compiled today against both a series 1 stand alone and a DTivo Series 2 hacked to 4.0. TivoX is such an excelent script I hope I can get it running w/ newer XBMC versions. Guess I'll be learning some python.

jimthev
02-08-2005, 04:36 PM
Hey,

By forcing XBMC to skip looking up subtitles for .ty files, TivoX works and
browsing/playing via xbms also works a bit faster. I've had limited success
viewing LiveTV. Sometimes it works, sometimes it skips, sometimes it
crashes XBMC and the ccxstream server.

Here is the change xbmc\cores\mplayer.cpp from :

// cache (remote) subtitles to HD
if (!bFileOnInternet && bIsVideo && !bIsDVD)
{
CUtil::CacheSubtitles(strFile, _SubtitleExtension);
CUtil::PrepareSubtitleFonts();
}
else
CUtil::ClearSubtitles();

To:

// cache (remote) subtitles to HD
CStdString strExtensiontest;
CUtil::GetExtension(strFile,strExtensiontest);
strExtensiontest.MakeLower();

if (strExtensiontest != ".ty" && !bFileOnInternet && bIsVideo && !bIsDVD)
{
CUtil::CacheSubtitles(strFile, _SubtitleExtension);
CUtil::PrepareSubtitleFonts();
}
else
CUtil::ClearSubtitles();

The system I have working is:

On Xbox:

XBMC built from cvs today (020905) w/ the above change in mplayer.cpp.
[I used XBMCDBR.bat, then unrared the deployment, edited the above
file, rebuilt default.xbe, moved it to the unrared directory
and deployed the files]

TivoX1.1.py script (1.2 also works)

On Tivo:

Series 2 DTivo w/ Version 4.0 installed.

ccxstream extracted from tivotools at
http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37602
and run via "./ccxstream &"

TivoWebPlus with xboxtv6.itcl installed

The root of the problem is that TivoX requests a file that looks something
like "title_episode_FSID.ty" (where title is "title" and not the actual title of the show)
and this breaks something when interacting with the subtitles. ccxstream will return
the correct stream when asked for the above file via ccxtest. The XBMS browser requests
the file in the form that ccxstream returns the directory list (something like
"INDEX_TITLE _ EPISODE _ FSID .ty") and this doesn't break the subtitle lookup (although
it adds a full directory scan of /NowShowing which takes a while on my Tivo).

Personally I don't like the ccxstream output format since I can't sort the directory
listing while browsing the filesystem. I plan to change my ccxstream as I modify TivoX to handle
folders via lookup to Record/NowShowingByBucketTitle instead of Record/NowShowingByClassic

Jim T.

Grenex
02-08-2005, 07:54 PM
I dont see this file anywhere in my XBMC directory. Is this a source file that is uncompiled?

If so, can you post the compiled version?

jkrell
02-08-2005, 09:31 PM
I dont see this file anywhere in my XBMC directory. Is this a source file that is uncompiled?

If so, can you post the compiled version?

I don't have it either. I am assuming it is not source code, but if not, where is it. I don't even have an XBMC subfolder called "cores".

Grenex
02-08-2005, 09:39 PM
Someone should post the information in this thread on sourceforge so that it is fixed. I just signed up for an account, but have not been validated yet to post

jkrell
02-09-2005, 11:06 AM
Someone should post the information in this thread on sourceforge so that it is fixed. I just signed up for an account, but have not been validated yet to post

If it will speed things up, I'd personally like to stop XBMC from looking for subtitles for ALL video -- I never ever use them. Perhaps that could be built into the next build of XBMC.

I am running the December 8 build, and refuse to upgrade to a newer build until this whole TivoX thing is resolved.

My TivoX wishlist also includes allowing the scheduling of recordings from the guide section. A search function would also be nice, like the one available in TivoWeb.

Will we ever get access to Wishlists in TivoWeb (and TivoX)?? I know this isn't the place to raise that, maybe I'll post over in the TiVo section of Deal Database.

jimthev
02-10-2005, 11:50 AM
Hey,

I already posted the fix on sourceforge
[https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1118928&group_id=87054&atid=581840]
I don't know if it will get accepted or not. The change I put up there is a bit nicer since it moves the existing file extension lookup and uses it in the if statement. The fix I posted here is simpler to make.

The source code file mplayer.cpp itself is in cvs under:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/cores/

You will need to be able to recompile XBMC yourself to use this fix (or ask one of the nice people that provide precompiled distributions to include it the change in their next release).

There is no technical reason TivoX couldn't include all the features of TivoWeb. It's just finding somebody that wants the feature and having them add it.

Jim T.

Grenex
02-10-2005, 11:56 AM
Thanks!

Hopefully they will incorporate the change into the next build.

jimthev
02-11-2005, 01:30 AM
I modified TivoX1.2 to view Now Showing as folders by default. It is similar to Tivo 4.0 and should work with the normal ccxstream and xboxtv6.itcl.

I moved the UI components around so they would fit on my screen (ntsc) and reordered the title/info/description lines. I also put the graphics into q:/scripts/TivoX. I would like to find any obvious errors before I post it on the XBMC site, so any help/comments would be appreciated.

This version will only work where TivoX1.1 or TivoX1.2 works, it will not work on a new built of XBMC unless it has been patched as described in a previous post.

jkrell
02-11-2005, 10:05 AM
I modified TivoX1.2 to view Now Showing as folders by default. It is similar to Tivo 4.0 and should work with the normal ccxstream and xboxtv6.itcl.

I moved the UI components around so they would fit on my screen (ntsc) and reordered the title/info/description lines. I also put the graphics into q:/scripts/TivoX. I would like to find any obvious errors before I post it on the XBMC site, so any help/comments would be appreciated.

This version will only work where TivoX1.1 or TivoX1.2 works, it will not work on a new built of XBMC unless it has been patched as described in a previous post.

I am happy to give this a shot -- I am using the 12/08 build of XBMC, so at least from that perspective it should work. However, I use a DirecTiVo w/3.1.0c. Will this still work with that TiVo version?? Also, do I need to change home.xml in any way, or any other files?

Once I have your answers to this stuff, I'll give it a shot and post my results here.

I'd also like to keep monitoring the progress of TivoX functionality with newer builds of XBMC. I am especially interested in anything that increases the speed of starting up the .ty video stream.

jimthev
02-11-2005, 08:35 PM
I am happy to give this a shot -- I am using the 12/08 build of XBMC, so at least from that perspective it should work. However, I use a DirecTiVo w/3.1.0c. Will this still work with that TiVo version?? Also, do I need to change home.xml in any way, or any other files?

It shouldn't require any specific version of Tivo software. The script groups shows together on its own from the normal list of all stored shows that any Tivo will return via xboxtv6.itcl. Origionally I had created a new TivoWeb plugin that required version 4.0.x but since I wanted TivoX to work on my old Series 1 Standalone, I went back to the origional TivoWeb plugin.

For testing, I would just dump the script and the image directory into the XBMC/scripts directory and manually navigate to it to start it. If it works out ok, then I'd replace your current TivoX file with this one by renaming them. That way you wouldn't have to mess w/ your .xml settings.

jimthev
02-12-2005, 01:34 AM
As a follow up to the XBMC source code patch I posted:

The problem is that when you do a subtitle lookup, a cache of the tivo nowshowing directory is created. This is bad for TivoX because it requests a the ty stream in a different format than ccxstream produces in the directory listing that XBMC caches.

So after the subtitle lookup (which always fails) the file is then requested to be opened and XMBC looks at the cache, doesn't see the requested file so it immediately fails to open the file. ccxstream is never called even though it would have returned the correct stream if it had been asked.

The only 'real' way to fix it is to modify ccxstream so it produces a better style listing of files (something like name_episode_fsid.ty with all non a-Z,0-9 characters turned into spaces) and also modify TivoX so that it requests this
exact file name.

In any case, I'm not going to have my versions of XBMC be slow to play tivo streams just so XBMC can look for non-existent subtitle files. Which means, I'll never need a 'real' way fix.

jkrell
02-12-2005, 12:51 PM
It shouldn't require any specific version of Tivo software. The script groups shows together on its own from the normal list of all stored shows that any Tivo will return via xboxtv6.itcl. Origionally I had created a new TivoWeb plugin that required version 4.0.x but since I wanted TivoX to work on my old Series 1 Standalone, I went back to the origional TivoWeb plugin.

For testing, I would just dump the script and the image directory into the XBMC/scripts directory and manually navigate to it to start it. If it works out ok, then I'd replace your current TivoX file with this one by renaming them. That way you wouldn't have to mess w/ your .xml settings.

This did not work for me. I put everything where it should go, and the script ran fine at first, but when I selected "Now Showing", it hung at the "Getting List" dialog (or whatever the text is that it says). I left it there for over 30 minutes and it wouldn't do anything. I went back and tested TivoX1.2 and it worked fine.

Grenex
02-12-2005, 01:34 PM
The only 'real' way to fix it is to modify ccxstream so it produces a better style listing of files (something like name_episode_fsid.ty with all non a-Z,0-9 characters turned into spaces) and also modify TivoX so that it requests this exact file name.

So does this mean that the post you made to sourceforge will not be implemented? We are SOL?

jimthev
02-13-2005, 06:50 PM
Here is a ccxstream that will allow a 'stock' XBMC build to run a modified TivoX. This build is for Series 2
Tivos and is based on a ccxfile.c that I found here. I used the included ccxfile.c over the top of the XBMP Tivo
ccxstream 1.0.15 source code from sourceforge.

One big problem is that this ccxstream crashes when you try to view the LiveTV directory. Unfortunately I can't find the
source for a ccxstream that doesn't crash (ie the one in the all in one S2 tar). When I do, I'll recompile ccxstream and
re-post it. Any help in finding that ccxstream source tarball would be appreciated. The crash is happening inside the mfs
file size code and simply replacing the mfs libs with newer ones doesn't fix the problem.

Included are modified TivoX1.1 through TivoX1.3 that use this ccxstream.

The difference is that the included ccxstream creates a new Directory called FSIDNowShowing (in addition to LiveTV (which is broken)
and NowShowing) and ty files in this directory are named FSID_xxxxx.ty. TivoX has been modified to ask for streams from
FSIDNowShowing rather than NowShowing. Now that TivoX can make the exact file that ccxstream knows about, the XBMC
patch included in a previous post is only needed to dramatically reduce the time from show selection to the show actually
playing on Tivos with a large number of shows. This ccxstream and TivoX should work with or without that patch on new or
old XBMC builds

Make sure you change tivoIP in the TivoX scripts to point to your tivo.

jimthev
02-13-2005, 06:56 PM
So does this mean that the post you made to sourceforge will not be implemented? We are SOL?

I don't know if it will be accepted or not. I certainly would accept it, but you never know. The beauty of open source is that it doesn't really matter, if the people that build XBMC releases start including it, it will have to get accepted, if they don't then it shouldn't get accepted. It's all about demand. Is it better to have TivoX working and working as fast as it can, or is it better to allow somebody to override the subtitles in a local .ty file?

As for the SOL... nope. I posted a new ccxstream that should work w/ any XBMC (although the delay between the play request and the actual playing stinks on my tivo (~350 shows)). So there is another workaround that anybody can do with the current unpatched XBMC code. Eventually, I'll build a Series 1 version, but getting the Series 2 cross compiler going was not fun so I want to wait until I can find newer, completely working ccxstream code.

jimthev
02-13-2005, 06:59 PM
This did not work for me. I put everything where it should go, and the script ran fine at first, but when I selected "Now Showing", it hung at the "Getting List" dialog (or whatever the text is that it says). I left it there for over 30 minutes and it wouldn't do anything. I went back and tested TivoX1.2 and it worked fine.

I want to make sure you modified the tivoIP in the script to point to your tivo. If you did, then let me know what XBMC release you are using (or cvs build date) and I'll try to get it and test against that version. I have all my XBoxes synced to the latest version that I built.

deanm_nz
02-13-2005, 08:17 PM
Here is a ccxstream that will allow a 'stock' XBMC build to run a modified TivoX. This build is for Series 2

Any chance of a build for a Series 1? :)

Pretty please...

And is there any advantage using the ccxstream 1.0.16 mod (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=915605&group_id=87054&atid=581840) thats at the XBMC sourceforge.. which fixes the greater than 2Gb bug?

jkrell
02-13-2005, 10:41 PM
I want to make sure you modified the tivoIP in the script to point to your tivo. If you did, then let me know what XBMC release you are using (or cvs build date) and I'll try to get it and test against that version. I have all my XBoxes synced to the latest version that I built.

Silly me. I forgot to modify the script to point to my TiVo. I'll try that and report back.

jkrell
02-13-2005, 10:46 PM
Eventually, I'll build a Series 1 version, but getting the Series 2 cross compiler going was not fun so I want to wait until I can find newer, completely working ccxstream code.

I'm eagerly awaiting your improved version of ccxstream (for Series 1) and the TivoX to go with it. I'm trying TivoX 1.3 that you posted tonight, so I'll see how it goes.

Can't the people who make builds of XBMC include an option in the GUI to turn subtitling lookup for all file types on/off? That would be great, because I don't use them for anything.

jkrell
02-13-2005, 11:36 PM
Silly me. I forgot to modify the script to point to my TiVo. I'll try that and report back.

Worked like a charm. I love the folder features -- makes it much easier to navigate, especially since I tend to have multiple (10+) episodes of many of the shows I watch.

This rocks. Now if I could just get things moving quicker (meaning deal with the subtitle lookup), I'll be set.

jhr1948
02-14-2005, 09:34 AM
thanks jimthev for making this work again. i did notice one thing, but i was testing very quickly. i dropped the modified ccxstream and the new tivox1.1 (1.3 for some reason didn't work for me) in their appropriate locations. i got the modified tivox1.1 to work, but noticed quite a bit of sync problems. more than normal. would the new ccxstream or tivox be the cause? i know that it could be the show, but i didn't have too much time to check more options. also, tivox1.3 seemed to not play at all for me. once again, i probably didn't troubleshoot enough(i was short on time). i'll do more tonight.

finally, out of all tivox's that you modified, is one better than the other?
thanks for all the work

jhr1948
02-14-2005, 11:51 PM
hey tested a bit more today. i'm finding that after i play a show (w/tivox 1.3-i got it working) i can't play anymore. my xbox seems to freeze. anyone experience this?

btw, i love the new tivox 1.3 also, the grouping is awesome.

thanks

jimthev
02-16-2005, 05:46 AM
Any chance of a build for a Series 1? :)

And is there any advantage using the ccxstream 1.0.16 mod (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=915605&group_id=87054&atid=581840) thats at the XBMC sourceforge.. which fixes the greater than 2Gb bug?

As it stands right now, I can't build a working version for Series 1. I've gotten it to compile and run but I can't get a NowShowing directory listing out nor can I stream shows (from LiveTV or FSIDNowShowing).

The 1.0.16 mod on sourceforge was included in the origional ccxfile.c that I started with (which is equivalent to this one http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=189580). The wierd thing is that there is a previous post (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=152541) that contains a similar ccxfile.c but also contains changes to ccxstream.c and .h that are not in sourceforge, but those changes actually look like changes that would be relevant to a 2Gb file size. Unfortunately, those changes don't work when I compile them in.

Also, there are new mfs libraries (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39487) (which is what ccxstream uses to actually see shows inside the Tivo) and when I blindly use those, nothing works.

So as it stands I've asked AlphaWolf for the source code for his version of ccxstream (which should be available somewhere since mfs is GPL'd). That version works the best on my series 2 box. Once/If I get the source code, I'll modify that code so that it can run on an unpatched XBMC release, then I'll try to modify it so that it uses new mfs code (if it doesn't already), then I'll try to get it to run on my series 1 box, then I'll probably poke around on the whole TivoX, ccxstream, xboxtv6.itcl system and see what can be added (LiveTV viewing / Channel Changing should be possible).

Any current viewing problems are probably related to the ccxstream I posted which is based on some pretty old code (but it's the latest I could find and get to compile/run).

out of all tivox's that you modified, is one better than the other?
The TivoX versions are:

TivoX 1.1: Project Mayhem Style PAL screen size
TivoX 1.2: Project Mayhem 2 Style PAL screen size, some UI mods to 1.1
TivoX 1.3: Project Mayhem 2 Style NTSC screen size, NowShowing as Folders, Sorting by Name or Date in NowShowing when viewing as Folders, graphics in script directory. Otherwise identical to 1.2

1.2 has some smallish UI changes and added a force phone call, but nothing much else that I can remember. I haven't really used any of them for anything except viewing stored programs via NowShowing so I don't know if any of the other features work.

AlphaWolf
02-16-2005, 11:26 AM
An S1 binary can be found here:

http://www.fatattitude.com/software/downloads-clock.asp?app=8&dl=18&fn=ccxstream%20(series%20one%20tivo).zip

jkrell
02-16-2005, 12:33 PM
Once/If I get the source code, I'll modify that code so that it can run on an unpatched XBMC release, then I'll try to modify it so that it uses new mfs code (if it doesn't already), then I'll try to get it to run on my series 1 box, then I'll probably poke around on the whole TivoX, ccxstream, xboxtv6.itcl system and see what can be added (LiveTV viewing / Channel Changing should be possible).

More important to me than live tv viewing/channel changing is the ability to schedule recordings from the TV Guide and/or Now Next menus. Search functionality would be great too, but not as important and definitely not useful if you cannot schedule a recording from the results of the search.

jhr1948
02-16-2005, 01:07 PM
jimthev thanks for all that you're doing. i'd love to have the ability to do the stuff you do. i just got into computers in the last 4 years and it's more just poking around here and there.

also, you mention the reason my tivox 1.3 is having problems might be related to the modified ccxstream. the funny thing is that the modified tivox 1.1 you included seems to work w/no problems(from what i tested). i can play a show, stop it, choose another and it'll all play. it's only the 1.3 that seems to freeze when i stop a show and try to play another. could it be something in the tivox script that is causing the freeze up considering the modified ccxstream works 1.1 you included?

haven't tested 1.2, but can't wait till 1.3 is up and working. it's great. i was afraid that work tivox wasn't going to be furthered, but i see there are interested people.

thanks again(sorry so winded)

jonashelin
02-18-2005, 04:46 PM
I'm having troubles streaming from my Tivo to my Xbox. It makes no difference on what version of TivoX I run, I even get the same result without TivoX, setting up a ccxstream link from XBMC - My videos.
The stream starts off ok, after a minute or two the audio disappears and a minute later the show stops all together.
Anybody else experiencing this? Any ideas on what it can be? Cash to small? Buggy version of ccxstream? :confused:
(I’m running on a series 1 Tivo)

Grenex
02-18-2005, 07:34 PM
So does the fact that you are trying to modify CCXstream mean that the XBMC code will not be patched/fixed?

jimthev
02-21-2005, 05:34 AM
So does the fact that you are trying to modify CCXstream mean that the XBMC code will not be patched/fixed?
I don't know if it will be patched or not. I've been able to get ccxstream compiled and running correctly with the new mfs libs for both series 1 and series 2. The problem is that the new mfs libs are actually much much slower (over 2x) for the queries that ccxstream does. So XBMC browsing and ccxtest both timeout on my series 2 box while it is trying to make the NowShowing directory listing. This doesn't effect TivoX (it now uses FSIDNowShowing which is still fast), but it breaks using 'My Videos'. I can increase the timeouts in both programs by changing a constant and recompiling, but that isn't a drop in fix for current XMBC distributions and it makes using 'My Videos' unbearably slow. It's always somethin'. LiveTV does work again though, so that is good.

As an aside, the timeout is why sometimes when using XMBC and browsing to NowShowing it will show no shows and then if I go up a directory and then back to NowShowing it will correctly show the shows. This happens because the first time ccxstream does a directory listing it is slower than the second time and the first time XBMC timesout the connection. The current timeout setting is 10 seconds. To change it you have to recompile libXBMS (the source of which is in the docs directory) and then recompile XBMC.

Anyhow, for what it's worth, here are the best ccxstream versions that I can currently make w/ the new mfs libs. Included are series 1 and series 2 binaries for both ccxstream and ccxtest (with a longer timeout) and the full source tree. If I can increase the speed of the title lookups, I'll do so and post new code. As noted above, you will not be able to browse the NowShowing directory with XMBC with a stock compilation. These should work fine w/ any of the modified TivoX versions on any XBMC version pointing to any Tivo version (I wasn't able to test TivoX on my series 1 since its tivoweb is broken, but ccxtest worked fine on it).

jimthev
02-21-2005, 05:38 AM
More important to me than live tv viewing/channel changing is the ability to schedule recordings from the TV Guide and/or Now Next menus. Search functionality would be great too, but not as important and definitely not useful if you cannot schedule a recording from the results of the search.
There is a new TivoWebPlus in beta, so I'm going to wait for it to get out of beta before I add interface stuff to xbox.itcl and TivoX. The new TivoWebPlus looks like it pretty much can do anything the normal Tivo UI can do plus some extras.

jkrell
02-21-2005, 02:28 PM
There is a new TivoWebPlus in beta, so I'm going to wait for it to get out of beta before I add interface stuff to xbox.itcl and TivoX. The new TivoWebPlus looks like it pretty much can do anything the normal Tivo UI can do plus some extras.

I use TivoWeb Plus 1.0. Is that what you are referring to? I do not think it is in Beta any more, is it? If there is a newer Beta version, let me know as I would love to test it out.

UPDATE -- NEVER MIND!! I see now that there is a version 1.1 currently in Beta. I'll check it out.

jkrell
02-21-2005, 02:47 PM
A couple questions for JimtheV:

The problem is that the new mfs libs are actually much much slower (over 2x) for the queries that ccxstream does. So XBMC browsing and ccxtest both timeout on my series 2 box while it is trying to make the NowShowing directory listing. This doesn't effect TivoX (it now uses FSIDNowShowing which is still fast), but it breaks using 'My Videos'.

I use the new mfs libs -- would this explain why when I select play (either in TivoX or in My Videos) it sometimes does not start playing, while other times it does?? Sometimes, if I try the same show several times, it will work while other shows just appear to be problematic for whatever reason. I've pretty much worked around this, but it would be nice to have a permanent fix.

As noted above, you will not be able to browse the NowShowing directory with XMBC with a stock compilation. These should work fine w/ any of the modified TivoX versions on any XBMC version pointing to any Tivo version (I wasn't able to test TivoX on my series 1 since its tivoweb is broken, but ccxtest worked fine on it).

I will test this out this evening if I have time -- I use a Dec. 8 build of XBMC and your modified TivoX 1.3 (which rocks), and I have a Series 1 DirecTiVo. I'll report back when I have some solid results.

jkrell
02-27-2005, 11:44 AM
I have loaded the new ccXstream onto my SAT-T60, and the modified TivoX 1.3 onto my Xbox. Both seem to work fine. Anything in particular I should test out? I tested all functionality with the TivoX script and it seemed to work fine. Did not really try My Videos.

Grenex
02-28-2005, 10:28 PM
Tivos and is based on a ccxfile.c that I found here. I used the included ccxfile.c over the top of the XBMP Tivo
ccxstream 1.0.15 source code from sourceforge.

Included are modified TivoX1.1 through TivoX1.3 that use this ccxstream.

I have a series one Tivo. Do you have a CCXstream that will work with that? Tivox 1.3 does not work for me as of right now without it.

jimthev
03-01-2005, 03:01 AM
I have a series one Tivo. Do you have a CCXstream that will work with that? Tivox 1.3 does not work for me as of right now without it.

A few messages up I posted ccxstream-1.0.17_beta.tgz which contains the only series 1 compilation I could make. The ccxstream code is slower than it needs to be (it looks up title and episode title separately rather than looking up the info of a .ty file and then pulling the titles from that), but I haven't had time to modify it yet. This is made worse by the new mfs libs that I used which are slower for lookups. So what might happen is when you browse NowShowing from XBMC (ie outside of Tivox), ccxstream slowness might cause XBMC to timeout (it only waits 10 seconds). If a timeout happens, XBMC silently fails and either shows an empty directory or doesn't play the requested file. This is irrelevant for TivoX since the modified versions don't use NowShowing from ccxstream.

If the XBMC guys would just not do subtitle lookups for .ty files none of this would be necessary. Why the lookup happens for formats that include subtitles (ty's & vob's), is beyond me.

Grenex
03-01-2005, 06:53 AM
I will wait and hold off to see what the xbmc team does then..
Thanks JIM!!!!!

jimthev
03-06-2005, 08:22 AM
How do people normally get their XMBC builds?

What if somebody could make a usenet post of an XBMC build that includes the TivoX patch, would that be a good thing or would a build have to be placed on xbins to get distributed?

jkrell
03-10-2005, 04:07 PM
I doubt the XBMC team will do anything, since they have nothing to do with ccXstream and/or TivoX. Right? It is too bad, really.

I think it is up to the people who compile builds of XBMC (whoever they are). Personally, I think this has come a hell of a long way, thanks to Jimthev. We have gone from crappy TivoX 1.1 to 1.3 which supports folders and, as I understand it, works even with newer builds of XBMC. Maybe if we can attract enough interest, we'll get this solved.

boxx
03-13-2005, 11:50 PM
TivoX works randomly. It plays some shows and completely ignores others.
But that is now why i'm here.

I have tried my XBMC setup for 1080i, 720p resolutions. At this resolution TivoX is displayed in the upper left corner with half the image cut off.
Is there is a setting for me to center it properly when it is in High Definition Resolutions?

jkrell
03-14-2005, 01:14 PM
TivoX works randomly. It plays some shows and completely ignores others.
But that is now why i'm here.

I have tried my XBMC setup for 1080i, 720p resolutions. At this resolution TivoX is displayed in the upper left corner with half the image cut off.
Is there is a setting for me to center it properly when it is in High Definition Resolutions?

I noticed that too before I switched back to 480p. I'd imagine you'll just have to fiddle with the settings until you get the screen in the right spot, and expanded to fit the screen. I found everything way too small in the HD resolutions, and video did not look any better than it does in 480p (at least to me).

As far as all the TivoX screen positioning stuff, I wonder if the script could incorporate the auto-sizing in the latest version of the AQT Browser. No matter what resolution your in, that one always fits perfectly.

boxx
03-14-2005, 02:57 PM
I noticed that too before I switched back to 480p. I'd imagine you'll just have to fiddle with the settings until you get the screen in the right spot, and expanded to fit the screen. I found everything way too small in the HD resolutions, and video did not look any better than it does in 480p (at least to me).

As far as all the TivoX screen positioning stuff, I wonder if the script could incorporate the auto-sizing in the latest version of the AQT Browser. No matter what resolution your in, that one always fits perfectly.

I looked around in the TivoX file, and I'm not sure where the positioning settings are. To be honest, Unless it's labeled, I'm not even sure what I'm for. I'll look @ AQT tonight and see if it might give me a clue.

Does anyone know?

boxx
03-14-2005, 10:44 PM
Well, I looked at how the AQTbrowser was written, It was written with self.scale syntax. The TivoX was not. If I'm not mistaken, TivoX would have to be rewritten with Self.Scaling from ground up to actually make HighDefinition resolutions to look properly as it effects text, buttons and backgrounds of each menu screens.

That's ashame that no one is actually developing TivoX/ccxstream further cause it is a great Idea. Personally I like it, but it is too buggy. I stream with xbms (even with the awful interface) because it works.

jimthev
03-15-2005, 04:02 AM
Coincidentally I just got a X2VGA cable (which works very well by the way) and was playing w/ the higher resolutions modes and saw this same issue. So I fixed it. Attached is my TivoX1.3a that scales to the selected screen size. It also has a warning screen if you forget to update the tivoIP and a flag just below the tivoip so you can use the old ccxstream (NowShowing), which is the default, or my previously posted versions (FSIDNowShowing). I went through all the currently available screens in TivoX and tried to fit them nicely on the screen, if anything isn't viewable or should be repositioned, either tell me or post an update here.

Unfortunately I had to debug why XBMCDBR was broken (mplayer moved, new screensaver directories exist) and why the new XBMC source code was calling ccxstream weirdly (it asks your tivo for a thumbnail and a thumbnail directory before it plays the .ty stream) so I haven't been able to try to speed up my ccxstream version. If I can just get a my versions to run as quickly as the old versions (AlphaWolf does not have the source code by the way, he only has a binary), then my only problem will be mplayer desyncing ty video from audio.

For anybody that doesn't know (I certainly didn't until I saw it in the source code), ccxstream has a command line parameter '-d' that increments the debuging output level by 1. So running "ccxstream -d -d -d -d -d -d -d -d -d" will allow you to see exactly what ccxstream is being asked for and what its responses are. You shouldn't run ccxstream this way from anything other than the command line since lots of output is created. I don't know exactly how many -d's is best so I just use lots.

jkrell
03-15-2005, 08:22 PM
As always, thanks Jimthev -- I'll test this out as soon as I can when I have the time. I haven't had much of a problem with the speed of ccXstream, so maybe I've been lucky. Also no out of sync issues for me.

Unfortunately, I spent about 2 hours getting everything just right on my TivoX interface, so I may just stick with that. I will, however, keep 1.3a around for future use in the event I switch resolutions. Of course, there is a pretty good chance you positioned things better than I did (after a lot of trial and error I got pretty impatient).

Jimthev, did you use the method used by the AQT browser? That works flawlessly no matter which resolution I use.

boxx
03-15-2005, 10:03 PM
Jimthev,
WOW, this looks great. I really like it.
Now all I need is a ccxstream that works. Why does Ccxstream work better on XBMS and not as well on TivoX? What version Ccxstream are you using? Are you having better luck with it on TivoX?

jimthev
03-15-2005, 10:07 PM
did you use the method used by the AQT browser? That works flawlessly no matter which resolution I use.
Yup, all the location values that used to be constants are now the same constant multiplied by a scale factor (except for the few controls I moved around). So, if you have absolute values for a 720x480 screen, you could put in your location values directly inside the script. As you found out, it isn't hard, just tedious. Personally I found that I prefer 720x480 over the higher resolutions and have switched back to 480p

jimthev
03-15-2005, 10:48 PM
Why does Ccxstream work better on XBMS and not as well on TivoX? What version Ccxstream are you using? Are you having better luck with it on TivoX?
I tried to summarize the files and posts in this message (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=213970&postcount=2). Basically, this Winter, XBMC added the automatic looking up of subtitles which caches the tivo directory from ccxstream, so the TivoX request to play the show fails because the name that TivoX requested is not in the directory listing that ccxstream returned. The requests that happen via XMBS do have the exact name in the cached directory listing so those requests succeed. Since the XBMC team recently added automatic Thumbnail and Thumbnail directory lookups to their system (although,thankfully, they did add a config to shut it off) I doubt they will remove the subtitle lookups for files that already contain them.

A thing to remember is that TivoX only uses ccxstream to play the actual stream (actually it request that XBMC play the file and XBMC does the request). TivoX uses its TivoWeb script to get all the information that it displays. The info from TivoWeb and the info from ccxstream are distinct.

One solution I came up with is to not have XBMC look up subtitles for .ty files (this is what I use since also removes a major delay between the request to play and the actuall playing of the show). This solution requires a patch to the XMBC source code and a rebuilt of the .xbe which not everyone can do.

Another solution is to have TivoX request a show name that is in the directory listing, but to do this you can't use the 'normal' ccxstream since it adds a counter to the begining of the show name and munges lots of characters. So I created a modified ccxstream that has a new directory (FSIDNowShowing) where the show names are just the FSID. This works well except that the source code is strewn about the net in various forms and there isn't a single place to get the code that has been used for some of the ccxstream builds. So the build I did is actually slower than the best Series 2 version I could find (which is in alphawolfs all in one s2. To which there seems to be no source code release, at least he doesn't have it) and causes XBMC to time out on the connection (I have 2 maxed out 160gig drives in my main series 2). When the timeout occurs there is no error message no notice, just nothing happens. If you timeout when doing XBMS browsing you see and empty directory.

So, what I would like to end up doing it to create a ccxstream build that isn't so slow and that produces names in a predictable format. This way I could get rid of the FSIDNowShowing directory and have TivoX call the NowShowing directory directly. I would still keep building my own XBMC builds that don't call the subtitles, but at least other people could use the 'normal' XBMC builds directly w/ that TivoX/ccxstream combo.

For my own setup I use the TivoX I just made with the useOriginalCCXStreamNowShowing set to False, the ccxstreams I modified, and a build of XBMC that includes my patch from Source Forge and I also increased the ccxstream timeout and rebuilt libxbms. With this setup I have a long delay when browsing NowShowing via XMBS but when I press play in TivoX, XBMC immediately starts to cache the requested program. I can also watch live TV via XBMS. MPlayer does drift the audio out of sync sometimes and then it magically gets back in sync. I don't have the slightest idea why that is happening, but since the ty stream contains both the audio and video together, I suspect mplayer is the problem. I'm not quite up to mplayer debugging quite yet.

Sorry I'm so verbose, but I try to put as much detail as I can bear into a message so anyone searching for a similar problem will find the message/thread.

jkrell
03-16-2005, 01:09 AM
Personally I found that I prefer 720x480 over the higher resolutions and have switched back to 480p

Me too! Stuff was just too tiny on the higher resolutions (my TV only does 1080i, so I couldn't even try 720p). I'm excited to try this out, but not sure when I will have the time.

jkrell
03-16-2005, 01:16 AM
Sorry I'm so verbose, but I try to put as much detail as I can bear into a message so anyone searching for a similar problem will find the message/thread.

I find all this quite interesting, though 85% of the time I only have a vague idea what you are talking about. I will happily test anything you produce for S1s -- although I tend to be slow since I have been so busy working lately. I have a SAT-T60 and will try anything out! As of right now, I am using your modified TivoX 1.3 and ccXstream, and hope to try out the new 1.3a this weekend.

Ultimately, would be great if XBMC itself could be fixed and worked into the future builds found in the usual places!!

jimthev
03-16-2005, 04:16 AM
This is a new version of my previous build of ccxstream (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=211484&postcount=73) . This one should produce the NowShowing directory listing in about 2/3 - 1/2 of the time that the previous version took. It is built against the 20050314 version of the mfs (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39487) libs.

I have included the changed source code from the previous release and binaries for S1 and S2.

boxx
03-19-2005, 10:21 AM
For anybody that doesn't know (I certainly didn't until I saw it in the source code), ccxstream has a command line parameter '-d' that increments the debuging output level by 1. So running "ccxstream -d -d -d -d -d -d -d -d -d" will allow you to see exactly what ccxstream is being asked for and what its responses are. You shouldn't run ccxstream this way from anything other than the command line since lots of output is created. I don't know exactly how many -d's is best so I just use lots.

Jimthev,

I tried the debug mode and I get this.

DEBUG ccxstream.c:1980 New connection
DEBUG ccxstream.c:621 Client uses nonstandard "/" path name.

can you tell me what it mean?

It also seem to run more consistently with the debug mode on that without. Unfortunetely this means that I constantly have to have the terminal running in order to use tivox/ccxstream.

REVISE-- I did more testing. It seems that TivoX is VERY RELIABLE when tivo is in the early stages of rebooting. This is last for about one minute. Once the Tivo menu is up, TivoX will no longer work and I can only stream using Xbms.

Is the problem with TivoX or Ccxstream?

Thanks,
Mike

jkrell
03-19-2005, 02:48 PM
This one should produce the NowShowing directory listing in about 2/3 - 1/2 of the time that the previous version took. It is built against the 20050314 version of the mfs libs.

I can report the following:

Using this on my SAT-T60, I experience much speedier response time with this version of ccXstream. This is using it with TivoX 1.3 (and 1.3a). I decided to stick with 1.3 for now since I spent such a long time positioning everything where I wanted it. Using 1.3a, some of the stuff is off the edges of my screen.

boxx
03-19-2005, 09:45 PM
I can report the following:

Using this on my SAT-T60, I experience much speedier response time with this version of ccXstream. This is using it with TivoX 1.3 (and 1.3a). I decided to stick with 1.3 for now since I spent such a long time positioning everything where I wanted it. Using 1.3a, some of the stuff is off the edges of my screen.
Give this a try.... I tweeked it so that the titles and menus fit the screen better.

jimthev
03-20-2005, 02:20 AM
Give this a try.... I tweeked it so that the titles and menus fit the screen better.
Thanks for the update, it fits much better on my TV since I don't get the full screen on it that I do on my monitor and projector. Maybe adding a flag that switches between the two (use the full area vs. use an undersized area) would be nice.

You should reset the tivo ip back to 127.0.0.1 so that people that forget to set it will get an error message and also bump up the version tag in the script to 1.3b.

Thanks again.

jimthev
03-20-2005, 03:07 AM

can you tell me what it mean?
The 621 line is an error for a change directory command that ccxstream receives. ccxstream does not handle / in a path name (nor . nor .. (although checking for .. after checking for . seems odd)). So the change directory command is failing. During the week I'll see if I get something similar. You can also add some more -d's and you will see more info.

It also seem to run more consistently with the debug mode on that without. Unfortunetely this means that I constantly have to have the terminal running in order to use tivox/ccxstream.
You could run in debug mode and redirect the output of ccxstream to /dev/null. Although, there shouldn't actually be much of a difference, since the debugging level only prints out information about what is going on (at least as far as I've seen in the code). But, I've seen wierder things so it might run better if it prints out debug info even if the info goes straight to dev/null

Once the Tivo menu is up, TivoX will no longer work and I can only stream using Xbms.

Is the problem with TivoX or Ccxstream?
This is pretty wierd. Remember TivoX streaming *is* XBMS streaming. TivoX just tells XMBC to play a file via XBMS. TivoX does use TivoWeb to do the info lookups so maybe something wierd is happening then. Maybe it is timeing out via the TivoX request and not via the straight XBMS request. This could happen because running ccxstream twice consecutively will be faster because of disk caching on the tivo and running tivoweb between would make linux cache different disk sectors. Try running ccxstream with some extra -d's and see if you can make sense of the output. Another thing to try is to check your free memory on the tivo when ccxstream is working well and when it is not, maybe something is taking extra resources. Also, let me know what versions of XBMC, TivoX and ccxstream you are running. I'm not an expert on this stuff, but the more I learn about it, the more I can get my setup doing exactly what I'd like.

boxx
03-20-2005, 09:08 AM
Another thing to try is to check your free memory on the tivo when ccxstream is working well and when it is not, maybe something is taking extra resources. Also, let me know what versions of XBMC, TivoX and ccxstream you are running. I'm not an expert on this stuff, but the more I learn about it, the more I can get my setup doing exactly what I'd like.

How do I check the free memory on the tivo? is it a command line via telnet?
When I do check it, what should I be looking for?

Thanks,

Mike

jkrell
03-20-2005, 11:54 AM
I tried Boxx's Tivo1.3b, but still like my own modified version of 1.3. On Boxx's version, some of the stuff (show name/title, description) seem to overlap the "Now Showing" page title, etc. And the page indicators (1/5 or whatever) are right under the TiVo guy's feet. I spent a long time spacing these things out so they looked really nice.

That said, I am thinking of playing in Photoshop to make a background for the new Project Mayhem III skin. If I do that, I'll post the script and the background here.

Otherwise, the functionality with ccXstream is great!! Both through TivoX and through My Videos, the Now Showing list shows up very quickly (when I remember to put TiVo's IP in, of course!).

Nice job everyone. It's amazing how much this has been improved from TivoX 1.1.

EDIT -- Oh, and thanks to Jimthev, I have now upgaded to the 3/12/2005 build of XBMC (in order to use PMIII). Everything still works great!

jimthev
03-26-2005, 06:31 PM
How do I check the free memory on the tivo? is it a command line via telnet?
When I do check it, what should I be looking for?

You can check free memory with the 'free' command at a command line. When I just did it on my S2 I got:

total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 43580 36000 7580 0 2680 22120
-/+ buffers/cache: 11200 32380
Swap: 130044 8700 121344I am using about 9 meg swap space and have 7.5 meg free memory, so nothing much
is going on on my system.

Probably a better util to run is 'top'. Here is my current output for top:

Mem: 36068K used, 7512K free, 0K shrd, 2680K buff, 22964K cached
Load average: 0.59, 0.61, 0.45 (State: S=sleeping R=running, W=waiting)

PID USER STATUS RSS PPID %CPU %MEM COMMAND
366 0 R 864 360 7.5 1.9 top
200 0 S 9256 165 2.0 21.2 myworld
45 0 S 1156 1 1.6 2.6 dssapp
181 0 S 1156 48 1.1 2.6 dssapp
183 0 S 1156 48 0.7 2.6 dssapp
189 0 S 9256 165 0.5 21.2 myworld
162 0 S 4812 158 0.3 11.0 ApgManager
209 0 S 9256 165 0.1 21.2 myworld
164 0 S 9256 98 0.1 21.2 myworld
203 0 S 9256 165 0.1 21.2 myworld
206 0 S 9256 165 0.1 21.2 myworld
194 0 S 9256 165 0.1 21.2 myworld
163 0 S 4812 158 0.1 11.0 ApgManager
212 0 S 4812 158 0.1 11.0 ApgManager
161 0 S 4812 158 0.1 11.0 ApgManager
54 0 S 1156 48 0.1 2.6 dssapp
185 0 S 1156 48 0.1 2.6 dssapp
208 0 S 9256 165 0.0 21.2 myworld
193 0 S 9256 165 0.0 21.2 myworld
198 0 S 9256 165 0.0 21.2 myworldThis shows that myworld is the only program doing anything, and it isn't doing much. Also with a load < 1 the system isn't being stessed at all. The utils free and top should have been installed when I put in the All-in-one-S2 utils in that Tivo. I think they are both part of busybox.

DaytonaDave
03-28-2005, 10:15 PM
TivoX 1.3b, ccxstream_s1 (1.0.17beta), Sony T-60, XBMC 3/21/05

After struggling with 1.2 and the oz version of ccxstream (managed to get menus up, but no playback), I can finally play back items from my list!

Woo Hoo!

A few questions linger:
1) TivoX 1.3b does not seem to pull the graphic for me like 1.2 did (menu shows up on black screen)
2) I cannot get the HomeButtons to appear. I have to manually run the scripts for my two Tivos.
3) I thought I read that there was an option to watch the live streams, but this does not seem to be working for me. Where can I get more info on how this is supposed to work?
4) I read that it is possible to also link into the My Videos page, but that the speed was very poor? Is speed still an issue? Should I do this?
5) The latest version of ccxstream was in a post that mentioned it is built against the newest mfs libs. Do I need to get these, or are they compiled in?

--and finally a slightly off topic question:
6) If I store mfs or ty files on my PC, will XBMC play these natively now?

I was pleasantly surprised with the Folders setup - did not expect that :)

I REALLY do appreciate the hard work that has gone into this app... It is very cool, and even my wife likes it :)

Thanks!
Dave

wsly
03-29-2005, 05:20 PM
a few posts back someone said they were in the process of putting together a project mayhem III skin and would post it here once it was done...

did that ever come to fruition?

jkrell
03-29-2005, 08:01 PM
a few posts back someone said they were in the process of putting together a project mayhem III skin and would post it here once it was done...

did that ever come to fruition?

No... Sorry about not posting my failure. I couldn't manage to find a blank template to work with. Anyone else willing to have a go? I was going to e-mail chokemaniac, but I'm not sure he/she has time to do this, would care about it, or even help in any way (by, for instance, letting us have a blank template).

wsly
03-29-2005, 09:19 PM
bummer, I was looking forward to it... maybe when I get a little time I can throw something together by editing his pmIII aqt browser skin with photoshop

jimthev
03-30-2005, 10:28 AM
Here is a new version of TivoX (1.3c) that lets you switch between multiple Tivos. I also included component locations from jkrell.

I'll be putting these versions up on the new xbmc script site (www.xbmcscripts.com) in the future since they appear to work well enough.

jkrell
03-30-2005, 11:41 AM
bummer, I was looking forward to it... maybe when I get a little time I can throw something together by editing his pmIII aqt browser skin with photoshop

I tried that, but too over my head.

I love PM3.

pdt
03-30-2005, 02:02 PM
No... Sorry about not posting my failure. I couldn't manage to find a blank template to work with. Anyone else willing to have a go? I was going to e-mail chokemaniac, but I'm not sure he/she has time to do this, would care about it, or even help in any way (by, for instance, letting us have a blank template).

Here's a blank he posted a couple weeks ago - http://chokemaniac.xbmc.org/download.php?id=34

jkrell
03-30-2005, 02:06 PM
Here's a blank he posted a couple weeks ago - http://chokemaniac.xbmc.org/download.php?id=34

Awesome -- thanks, PDT. I couldn't find a blank one. I'll take a shot and see what I can do, though I am by no means a Photoshop guy. I'm going to try to work with Jimthev's latest Tivox 1.3c script to get this done. If anyone else wants to take a shot as well, we can see who's is best at the end.

I think we should also send the result over to chokemaniac so that he can post it on his page if he wants to.

This might take me a while. I've got an idea what I want to do, though!

jimthev
03-30-2005, 08:19 PM
1) TivoX 1.3b does not seem to pull the graphic for me like 1.2 did (menu shows up on black screen)The versions I made look for their graphics in the directory "scripts\TivoX" under your XMBC install directory. Here is a listing of the files I have in that dir on my XBox.

scripts/TivoX/home-tivo.png
scripts/TivoX/mytivo.png
scripts/TivoX/nownext.png
scripts/TivoX/nowshowing.png
scripts/TivoX/recyclebin.png
scripts/TivoX/settings.png
scripts/TivoX/tivo.png
scripts/TivoX/Tivo-Back.png
scripts/TivoX/todo.png
scripts/TivoX/tvguide.png

home-tivo.png isn't actually used from this directory. I use in in XMBC as I'll note below. I think I got my images from a link at the bottom of this page http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/Software/XboxAndTiVo

2) I cannot get the HomeButtons to appear. I have to manually run the scripts for my two Tivos.In your XboxMediaCenter.xml in the <homebuttons> section add a button via the code below

<button>
<description>Tivos</description>
<label>Tivos</label>
<execute>q:\scripts\tivox1.3.py</execute>
<icon>108</icon>
</button>Then in your Home.xml file (mine is under Skins\Project Mayhem\PAL) add the graphics for the button via the code below, put it under the control with id 107.

<control>
<type>image</type>
<id>108</id>
<posX>50</posX>
<posY>50</posY>
<width>512</width>
<height>576</height>
<texture>home-tivo.png</texture>
</control>Then put the actual png file in the directory Skins\Project Mayhem\Media. If you aren't using the origional Project Mayhem, you'll have to put them in the equivalent directory for your Skin.

3) I thought I read that there was an option to watch the live streams, but this does not seem to be working for me. Where can I get more info on how this is supposed to work?
TivoX does not currently have the ability to watch live streams. I'll be adding it shortly if nobody else does it first. You can browse to live streams via My Videos with the ccxstream you are using and it should work fine.

4) I read that it is possible to also link into the My Videos page, but that the speed was very poor? Is speed still an issue? Should I do this?
Use the XMBS browser or add a specific entry in the <video> section of your XboxMediaCenter.xml file. Mine looks like this:
<bookmark>
<name>Tivo Livingroom</name>
<path>xbms://192.168.1.56:1400/</path>
</bookmark>
When you browse to the Tivo you will see 3 directories (LiveTV, NowShowing and FSIDNowShowing). LiveTV is your live streams, you will have two for DTivos. NowShowing is a listing of all your shows by name, FSIDNowShowing is a list of all your shows by FSID. You will see a longer delay when view shows from NowShowing that from TivoX since that directory listing takes a while to be created on Tivos with a lot of shows and XMBC regets the listing looking for subtitles whenever you play a show. FSIDNowShowing is useless for browsing.

5) The latest version of ccxstream was in a post that mentioned it is built against the newest mfs libs. Do I need to get these, or are they compiled in?
Nope, it was mentioned so that anybody that tries to compile the code themselves would know where to get all the pieces. So you don't need them unless you want to compile ccxstream for yourself.

6) If I store mfs or ty files on my PC, will XBMC play these natively now?
XMBC will play ty files no matter how they are started. Streaming off a tivo or directly from a file on a pc shouldn't make any difference.

jkrell
04-01-2005, 11:06 PM

Hey pdt -- did you or anyone else happen to save this blank file. I cannot get the link to work now and would like to take a shot at making a TivoX PM3 background. Can someone e-mail it to me at jkrell@hotmail.com? Thanks!

jkrell
04-02-2005, 12:09 AM
This is a new version of my previous build of ccxstream (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=211484&postcount=73) . This one should produce the NowShowing directory listing in about 2/3 - 1/2 of the time that the previous version took. It is built against the 20050314 version of the mfs (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39487) libs.

I have included the changed source code from the previous release and binaries for S1 and S2.

Ever since changing to this version of ccxstream, I have audio sync problems. I never had these before. I don't want to give up the speed of this version, however. Any thoughts about what might be causing this?

pdt
04-02-2005, 12:26 AM
Hey pdt -- did you or anyone else happen to save this blank file. I cannot get the link to work now and would like to take a shot at making a TivoX PM3 background. Can someone e-mail it to me at jkrell@hotmail.com? Thanks!

blank file attached

jimthev
04-03-2005, 06:34 PM
Ever since changing to this version of ccxstream, I have audio sync problems. I never had these before. I don't want to give up the speed of this version, however. Any thoughts about what might be causing this?Nope, The audio and video are sent together, ccxstream just dumps bytes out to the client. I see audio going out of sync on my DTivos but not on my S1, but it might be something else that is causing it. When I get a chance, I'll try to debug mine by dumping a known problem ty file and see if XMBC plays it fine via SMB. If it is fine then I'll try to pull the ty stream to a file via ccxstream and see if there are any differences. If those both fail I'll try to serve the full ty file from windows via the windows ccxstream and see if that gets out of sync. My only two wild guesses right now are the mplayer XBMC uses has an issue w/ some ty files or that ccxstream is skipping bytes or sending duplicate bytes either within the normal stream or between parts. Since there isn't an audio stream and a video stream, I can't see ccxstream making them get out of sync unless it is sending bad data.

jkrell
04-03-2005, 10:28 PM
Nope, The audio and video are sent together, ccxstream just dumps bytes out to the client. I see audio going out of sync on my DTivos but not on my S1, but it might be something else that is causing it. When I get a chance, I'll try to debug mine by dumping a known problem ty file and see if XMBC plays it fine via SMB. If it is fine then I'll try to pull the ty stream to a file via ccxstream and see if there are any differences. If those both fail I'll try to serve the full ty file from windows via the windows ccxstream and see if that gets out of sync. My only two wild guesses right now are the mplayer XBMC uses has an issue w/ some ty files or that ccxstream is skipping bytes or sending duplicate bytes either within the normal stream or between parts. Since there isn't an audio stream and a video stream, I can't see ccxstream making them get out of sync unless it is sending bad data.

Just let me know what I can do to help troubleshoot. I'm happy to spend some time helping out. Unfortunately, I have very little idea how this stuff all works, so I need to be told what to do. But I am happy to help...

6021tivo
04-07-2005, 04:17 PM
Getting really stressed with all this....

But needing help

happy with the versions of software I am running.

But when I try and play anything in now showing it hangs around for a second or two then does nothing.

Have ran ccxstream with loads of -d for debugging.

The problem appears to be with the line
"Client uses nonstandard "/" path name."

then it buggers it up and fails at the bottom with

"Sending error id=331776, errno=6, msg="Can't open file."

Have tried loads of ccxstreams (series 1) and the py scripts, but still the same.

I did get this working ages ago, I think with a old xbmc?? But can not get it working now..

Have tried loads of versions of xbmc but still the same ccxstream error as below.

The sreaming works if I go to MY FILES then the SMB share, there are two folders, now showing and live..

The live is empty, but the now showing lists and when I click on a program it plays ok.

This would suggest a script error in the .py file????

I have tried 1.1 1.2 1.3 a b and bloody c???

Any ideas?? I have a user pass which is set up ok and ip is fine. It must be to access the tivoweb module and show the now showing list etc..??

Any last ideas please.

DEBUG ccxstream.c:1892 Write call returns 44
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1858 Entering select with timeout value 64.398910
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1860 Select call returns 1
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1863 Sending pending discovery replies
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1931 Read call returns 65
DEBUG ccxstream.c:561 Received packet type=11 id=319488
DEBUG ccxstream.c:625 New working directory is ""
DEBUG ccxstream.c:513 Sending ok id=319488
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1858 Entering select with timeout value 58.659701
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1892 Write call returns 9
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1858 Entering select with timeout value 64.047612
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1931 Read call returns 23
DEBUG ccxstream.c:561 Received packet type=11 id=323584
DEBUG ccxstream.c:695 New working directory is "NowShowing"
DEBUG ccxstream.c:513 Sending ok id=323584
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1858 Entering select with timeout value 61.887233
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1858 Entering select with timeout value 64.133534
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1931 Read call returns 42
DEBUG ccxstream.c:561 Received packet type=14 id=327680
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1858 Entering select with timeout value 57.259160
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1892 Write call returns 311
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1858 Entering select with timeout value 62.786900
DEBUG ccxstream.c:561 Received packet type=15 id=331776
DEBUG ccxstream.c:964 Opening file "title_episode_1172459.ty.conf"
DEBUG ccxstream.c:521 Sending error id=331776, errno=6, msg="Can't open file."
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1858 Entering select with timeout value 64.980252
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1892 Write call returns 30
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1858 Entering select with timeout value 64.485541
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1931 Read call returns 0
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1934 Connection closing
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1858 Entering select with timeout value 61.061979

boxx
04-07-2005, 04:27 PM
Getting really stressed with all this....

But needing help

happy with the versions of software I am running.

But when I try and play anything in now showing it hangs around for a second or two then does nothing.

Have ran ccxstream with loads of -d for debugging.

The problem appears to be with the line
"Client uses nonstandard "/" path name."

then it buggers it up and fails at the bottom with

"Sending error id=331776, errno=6, msg="Can't open file."

Have tried loads of ccxstreams (series 1) and the py scripts, but still the same.

I did get this working ages ago, I think with a old xbmc?? But can not get it working now..

Have tried loads of versions of xbmc but still the same ccxstream error as below.

DEBUG ccxstream.c:1892 Write call returns 44
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1858 Entering select with timeout value 64.398910
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1931 Read call returns 65
DEBUG ccxstream.c:561 Received packet type=11 id=319488
DEBUG ccxstream.c:625 New working directory is ""
DEBUG ccxstream.c:513 Sending ok id=319488
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1858 Entering select with timeout value 58.659701
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1858 Entering select with timeout value 64.047612
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1931 Read call returns 23
DEBUG ccxstream.c:561 Received packet type=11 id=323584
DEBUG ccxstream.c:513 Sending ok id=323584
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1858 Entering select with timeout value 61.887233
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1858 Entering select with timeout value 64.133534
DEBUG ccxstream.c:561 Received packet type=14 id=327680
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1858 Entering select with timeout value 57.259160
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1892 Write call returns 311
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1858 Entering select with timeout value 62.786900
DEBUG ccxstream.c:561 Received packet type=15 id=331776
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1858 Entering select with timeout value 64.980252
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1892 Write call returns 30
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1858 Entering select with timeout value 64.485541
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1931 Read call returns 0
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1934 Connection closing
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1858 Entering select with timeout value 61.061979

I ran into this....
I was able to fix it by... Switching

# use original TivoX ccxstream NowShowing lookup or new ccxstream FSIDNowShowing
useOriginalCCXStreamNowShowing = False

to TRUE....

6021tivo
04-07-2005, 05:48 PM
I ran into this....
I was able to fix it by... Switching

# use original TivoX ccxstream NowShowing lookup or new ccxstream FSIDNowShowing
useOriginalCCXStreamNowShowing = False

to TRUE....

Have tried but same error about client using non standard path "/"

Will stream ok if selecting from now showing using "My Files and the share" :140

jimthev
04-08-2005, 04:02 AM
The sreaming works if I go to MY FILES then the SMB share, there are two folders, now showing and live..
This means you are using a version of ccxstream that is incompatable with recent builds of XBMC. You would have to build your own XBMC from source with the patch I posted here and on sourcforge for this ccxstream to work.

This means you are using an old TivoX that won't work with recent XMBC builds or you have set useOriginalCCXStreamNowShowing = True, which is also incompatible w/ recent unpatched XMBC builds.

Basically you are seeing the same problem that everyone did and this problem is the reason I built ccxstreams and TivoX's that can work around this issue.

So, get the ccxstream from here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=215580&postcount=94) or from the post referenced in that post. With one of those ccxstreams you should see 3 directories when browsing via xmbs. LiveTV (which should now not be empty), NowShowing and FSIDNowShowing. Next, get TivoX1.3c and put in your TivoIP and set useOriginalCCXStreamNowShowing = False. Now try to stream a show via TivoX. If you have debugging on ccxstream you should see a request for a directory listing from FSIDNowShowing. Then a failed file lookup for FSID_[somenumber].ty.conf, then a successful lookup for FSID_[somenumber].ty.

Now having said that, if you can build XBMC from source, do that with the patch and you won't see the directory list nor the failed file lookup.

All the above is assuming you are running a newish build of XBMC, since that is all I have experience with.

Hope this helps (and is accurate since I'm doing it from memory since I can't get to the code right now).

6021tivo
04-08-2005, 04:22 PM
What the heck is going on..

Now I am trying to alter my xbox files but my F drive has become my Q drive and it will not allow me to delete xbmc to install a newer one??

Any ideas??

Also, just a update, thanks for the previous post, did all that and itnow works ok??

Just having problems with the skins, just a black background and the ones I have found say they are incompatable.

I did see tivo like skin but can not locate it??
Any more ideas chaps?

jimthev
04-10-2005, 11:17 AM
Just having problems with the skins, just a black background and the ones I have found say they are incompatable.

This post (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=217971&postcount=111) has info about the skins. I should have included the graphics along w/ the TivoX script.

Firefly
05-12-2005, 01:46 PM
I'm new to the Tivo/Xbox thing, but I think i've followed the instructions correctly.
My problem is that I cannot get a Tivo button or text in the XBMC main menu.
I am using a new build of XBMC dated 2005-05-02. I have modified the XboxMediaCenter.xml and home.xml as specified earlier in the thread, but no button shows.
If I replace the home.xml with the version inside TivoX1.2.rar I do get the button, but the menu looks different and not as classy as the one I have replaced, with no background graphics. I'm guessing there must be some issue with the latest XBMC and the way the menu is created.
Any help appreciated. TIA

Firefly
05-14-2005, 03:44 AM
After some searching and a read of some useful info at http://chokemaniac.xbmc.org/viewforum.php?f=13 i have managed to modify home.xml successfully. It needs a bit more work as the button isn't displayed until you jump to it, but the text is there and it's good enough for a start.

nuka1195
05-15-2005, 10:03 AM
If you're talking about the little image next to tivo then do the following:

This section:
</controlgroup>

<control>
<type>image</type>
<id>102</id>
<posX>77</posX>
<posY>430</posY>
<width>15</width>
<height>16</height>
<texture>homebutton-small.png</texture>
</control>

<control>
<type>image</type>
<id>102</id>
<posX>192</posX>
<posY>430</posY>
<width>15</width>
<height>16</height>
</control>

First change their <id>102</id> to <id>1</id> (it's a bug choke hasn't changed)

Then add another control:

<control>
<type>image</type>
<id>1</id>
<posX>307</posX>
<posY>430</posY>
<width>15</width>
<height>16</height>
</control>

zodiacal
07-02-2005, 05:37 PM
when i run the tivox 1.3c.py script and select a nowshowing show it only plays audio but a black screen. However, if i play a show from the xsmb share FSID folder it works great. but i would rather beable to see the show discription rather than some strange ID# to pick my shows from. the live tv share also only plays audio if that helps you figure out whats wrong...

im using ccxstream 17a
tivo SA1
XBMC build 2005-01-02

corro
07-03-2005, 12:43 AM
jimthev: I just wanted to give you a HUGE thank you for all your efforts. I was having the same problems as everyone else. I updated to tivox 1.3c and ccstream_17a. Streaming is working from both TivoX and XBMC videos :D

However, I am having the mentioned sync issues.

Ever since changing to this version of ccxstream, I have audio sync problems. I never had these before. I don't want to give up the speed of this version, however. Any thoughts about what might be causing this?

I am running ccxstream 17a on my S1 DTivo ...

Is there a version of ccxstream that will not have these sync problems?
If i switch over to my SAS1 will the sync problems go away? Sure would miss the dual tuners. :eek:

Thanks Again!

corro
07-05-2005, 05:13 PM
I also have a S2 DTivo and S2 SA... Would either of these be a better candidate? Are there any known problems w/ ccxstream on S2 tivos? TIA

zodiacal
07-05-2005, 05:29 PM
i think i found my answer. i have to press the display button on my xbox remote to get it to flip to the video. some shows don't play video still only audio, but thats only like 2 out of 100 tivo shows. also live tv doesn't play. i even tried a newer version of xmbc... does anyone else have to press the display button a few times to get the video to show up? also, does your live tv feature play more than just 30 mins of the live tv buffer? is it truly live tv?

carlosp_uk
07-16-2005, 06:04 AM
Hello, I've been off the scene for a while now.

I'd like to thank Jim for the changes and updates that he's made to my TiVoX script, now at v1.3

I just don't have time at the moment, but I do have some very simple suggestions as to how we can make the script even better for a v1.4 release. In fact, I've even scripted some of the code myself, but haven't had time to test.

So, if anybody (Jim included) would like to take what I've done and run with it, please get in touch. The modifications that I have started on are:

- Live TV buffer display
- Channel changing on live tv

I would like to add in future for v1.5 :

- Record programs from TV Guide
- Alter program data (keep until, etc.)
- Season Pass Manager (ambitious !!)

Also, can people give me any information on the compatability of TiVoX with series 2 TiVos? And the current build of XMBC, does this still work with TiVoX?

======
Carlos

carlosp_uk
07-16-2005, 06:23 AM
I forgot to add, if you want any of the bits of the .py script explaining to you (apologies for my poorly documented code :o ) just ask.

lazlojones
07-21-2005, 12:55 AM
I have a wierd problem when trying to stream stuff between the Tivo and Xbox. Some stuff will stream fine but others fail to play. Example: I recorded Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, and Battlestar Galactica. I was only able to stream Stargate Atlantis. I enabled debugging and reviewed the logs. When I play the Stagate Atlantis file it recognizes it as a Tivo file. When I try and play stargate SG1 it thinks its a MPEG-PS file. Both of the files have the .TY extension. I assume it is detecting something in the video file to make it think it is a MPEG-PS file.

Does this sound familiar to anyone??

Thanks

jburroughs
07-24-2005, 01:50 PM
I have DirecTV Series 2 Tivo and get the dreaded audio sync problem also. I wondered if this is a problem with just the DirecTivo units and possibly due to the SPDIF output of the DTivo. If anyone has a fix or a successfully working DTivo let me know.

BigBlueBeast
08-07-2005, 02:22 PM
Hi.

I'm running a DTivo 6.2 and XMBC (7/31/2005 ver), TWP 1.2.
I'm unable to stream shows from my Tivo to XMBC.

I'm running ccxstream 1.0.17a and tivox1.3.

When I run ccxstream with the -d option I get the following...

DEBUG ccxstream.c:1755 CcXstream Media Server 1.0.17a starting up.

DEBUG ccxstream.c:1946 Connection closing

Nothing happens on XBMC. Obviously I can see the contents of now showing, I'm just unable to get the streaming to work.

I've read through quite a bit but I'm having a hard time figuring out what the current, most recent way to do this.

TIA.
-Pat

GemNEye
08-07-2005, 06:13 PM
Yep, I have the exact problem. I can browse .Ty files from ccxstream, but I can not play them.

I am not running ccxstream with any parameters.

If I use TivoX (v1.5), I can do everything but watch video. Meaning the TivoWeb stuff appears to be working, but ccxstream is not working. Possibly XMBC not working with .Ty files. I don't really know.

--GemNEye

GemNEye
08-07-2005, 09:20 PM
If I run CCXSTREAM in debug mode: the following information is displayed when using XBMSP from "My Videos"

listing file 1_Boohbah _ _2006901 .ty
file info: /NowShowing/ 1_Boohbah _ _2006901 .ty NowShowing/ 1_Boohbah _ _2006901 .ty
listing files
listing file 0_Teletubbies _ Picking Mandarins_2006677 .ty
file info: /NowShowing/ 0_Teletubbies _ Picking Mandarins_2006677 .ty NowShowing/ 0_Teletubbies _ Picking Mandarins_2006677 .ty
listing files

So XBMC is talking to Tivo and can list files, but when I actually click on a .ty file to play apparently nothing happens (connection opened, connection closed). I have tried just about every version of ccxstream I have come across for series 2 (DirecTivo).

Is there a bug in how XBMC is requesting the files? Is there a bug in how ccxstream is creating the file list? Just curious because I am not sure what is going on.

Thanks.

jimthev
08-08-2005, 03:50 AM
Is there a bug in how XBMC is requesting the files? Is there a bug in how ccxstream is creating the file list? Just curious because I am not sure what is going on.

I think that the database structure changed for 6.x. So ccxstream can't
find the requested ty file. I just got 6.2 going on my boxes so I be looking
at it soon (assuming somebody doesn't get to it before I do).

I turns out the database structure has not changed as far as ccxstream is
concerned. I was able to install twp1.2, xboxtv6.itcl and the latest build of
ccxstream that I had and view a stream off of an xbox. The xbmc is an older
build that I patched and so is the tivox script. I'll make a new unpatched
xbmc and try with the latest tivox that I can find and see what happens.

jimthev
08-09-2005, 02:31 AM
To get a working system for a DTivo w/ 6.2 on it:

I built a current XBMC with
XBMC_DBR (http://johnypcguru.home.mchsi.com/) (any current prebuild release should also work fine).

I pulled TivoX from Jon' Tivox Update (http://xbmc.blogspot.com/2005/08/tivox-plugin-updated.html).

I pulled ccxstream from AlphaWolfs All-In-One S2 utils (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37602). [I can't get rid of a audio sync problem with the source code that I have and AW doesn't have the source for the version he has included. This is the only version that I found where I didn't get significant audio sync problems for the several streams I tried.]

I edited the TivoX.py script by

1. adding my tivoIP
2. setting useOriginalCCXStreamNowShowing = True
3. setting the tivoWebPort = ""

I uploaded ccxstream to the tivo and started it up. Copied xboxtv6.itcl to the modules directory of TWP1.2. Uploaded XBMC and TivoX to the XBox and started the streams. I see the audio get very slightly out of sync (I think I only see it because I'm staring at it), but no where near as bad as my builds of ccxstream.

Notes:

Multiple Tivos also works fine if configured correctly.

XMBC has been fixed (indirectly) so that old Tivox version should now be working. The problem of caching a directory and assuming a file didn't exist if it wasn't seen in the directory seems to be gone. You will still experience a significant delay while a directory listing of NowShowing is being generated so that XBMC can do a useless search for icons and subtitles, but at least it doesn't fail. It might also lead to a timeout condition there xbmc thinks the tivo is broken while it is waiting for the directory listing.

I don't think AWs ccxstream has changes that allowed for 2gb stream (and perhaps this is where the audio sync problem was introduced) So, we'll have to see if large shows can stream or not.

Jon's Tivox looks really nice.

The stream should be able to show the true length of the show, but until a good audio version of ccxstream can be build from source, this can't be fixed.

BigBlueBeast
08-09-2005, 11:28 AM
Hmmm. I'm still getting the "New connection" "Connection closing" message when I run the ccxstream with -d on my DTivo (6.2).
Are you using any other options?
I can see the the now playing shows just fine with Tivox or through smb.

I've modified the .py script the way you have it and I've tried a few ccxstream including the one you linked to.

However, I'm just downloading the XMBC files from the place I normally get them...I'm not using DBR. ....should that really matter?

Thanks.
-Pat

jimthev
08-09-2005, 03:35 PM
Hmmm. I'm still getting the "New connection" "Connection closing" message when I run the ccxstream with -d on my DTivo (6.2).
Are you using any other options?
I can see the the now playing shows just fine with Tivox or through smb.

I've modified the .py script the way you have it and I've tried a few ccxstream including the one you linked to.

However, I'm just downloading the XMBC files from the place I normally get them...I'm not using DBR. ....should that really matter?

It might be XBMC timing out on large directories (lots of entries in NowShowing). I used to have that problem and I didn't test the newest XBMC for that problem. I'll test with a 'normal' release on a Tivo that has tons of files and see if that is the issue. If it is, you should be able to replace a lib (which can be legally built and distributed), you'll get a large delay, but at least it will run.

You can also try increasing the debuging level by adding -d's to you command line. ie something like "ccxstream -d -d -d -d -d -d -d -d -d -d -d -d -d" I think the max level is 10 d's, but I don't remember off hand. At the max level you will get a notice for every packet that is requested. This might help debugging.

In general the flow is that TivoX requests a file of the name "title_episode_123456.ty" to be played by XBMC. Where "title_episode" is exactly that and not the title of the show you are requesting. The FSID is the actual id of the show you are requesting. XMBC then does a directory listing and calls ccxstream for the first time. Prior to this only TWP has been used by TivoX. XBMC gets the directory listing and then asks ccxstream for some icon files, and maybe some subtitle files. Anyway, the requests fail and XBMC then goes on an justs sends mplayer the info on what stream to play.

So when looking at a working ccxstream debug output, you will see a directory listing, some requests for .tbn and .conf files that fail and then a request for your show as a .ty file. With lots of packets following. If you see the directory request but not the other requests, XBMC is probably timing out since it takes a while to make the directory listing for a full Tivo.

jimthev
08-09-2005, 10:05 PM

I tried with XBMC.CVS.08.08.05.ekb and it worked, and XBMC-CVS_2005-08-07-T3CH and it failed. ekb has these two entries in the change log that T3CH doesn't have:

- 07-08-2005 fixed: Database creation failed
- 07-08-2005 fixed: finally fixed long filename+vobsubs. never code'n'smoke ;)

replacing the T3CH default.xbe with the one from ekb allowed the T3CH release to work.

BigBlueBeast
08-12-2005, 01:37 PM
I'm using XBMC.08.11.05.ekb.
TiVoX 1.5
ccxstream 1.0.15

Here's what I'm getting....

listing files
DEBUG ccxstream.c:618 Client uses nonstandard "/" path name.
DEBUG ccxfile.c:305 cc_xstream_file_info /NowShowing/title_episode_2063799.ty.co
nf NowShowing/title_episode_2063799.ty.conf
DEBUG ccxfile.c:341 Relative path is NowShowing/title_episode_2063799.ty.conf
DEBUG ccxstream.c:618 Client uses nonstandard "/" path name.
DEBUG ccxfile.c:305 cc_xstream_file_info /NowShowing/title_episode_2063799.ty No
wShowing/title_episode_2063799.ty
DEBUG ccxfile.c:341 Relative path is NowShowing/title_episode_2063799.ty
DEBUG ccxfile.c:548 open file /NowShowing/title_episode_2063799.ty to 2063799

DEBUG ccxstream.c:991 File size is 477757440 bytes

TIA.
-Pat

BigBlueBeast
08-12-2005, 10:35 PM
I can play some files via smb but none using TiVox. Also, the only files I can play straight from smb are the smaller ones. 500MB or less and not even all of those play.

I'm closer than I was but I'm still frustrated.

jkrell
08-14-2005, 02:57 PM
I installed Jon's TivoX 1.5 on my Xbox. The look and feel are superb. Glad Jon took Jim's latest TivoX version 1.3 and worked his magic on it.

I cannot, however, get ANY videos to play through it. This was not a problem with Jim's TivoX 1.3. I have fiddled with the "useOriginalCCXStreamNowShowing" setting. When set to False, selecting a show to play from the Now Showing list freezes the Xbox completely. When set to True, nothing happens when I select a show to play -- it acts as if it is going to play, and then instead of the show starting, nothing happens (though the Xbox is at least not completely frozen).

I am using ccXstream v. 1.0.17 and 1.0.17a, both available in Jim's posts on this thread. Should I go back to an older version of ccXstream? I am also on an old build of XBMC -- probably May 2005 or older. Should I update my build to a more recent date?

Any other ideas?

BlaSTiWi
08-15-2005, 12:32 PM
Howdy all!

I just upgraded my XBMC to 8/11 release and having problem viewing my TiVo-S1 recording, I upgraded ccxstream to the latest 17a and I can see all the recording but using older ccxstream on the TiVo instead of video I got the visualization going (like missing decoder?) but the audio is from the recording and using 17a ccxstream I can see 3 folders and the recording but not playing anything and sometime locked XBMC.

I can play other video including a TyTools processed .ty file no problem, seems to be only if stream directly from my TiVo.

Anything obvious that I miss big time? Tkx in adv!

bhaywood
09-30-2005, 12:04 AM
Hello all. Very new to all of this (x-box/tivo hacks), so please bear with me.

I have been rereading this thread for three days, trying to get ccxstream and xbmc working properly on my system. I am using:

XBMC CVS 2005-09-21 T3CH
ccxstream 1.0.15 (from AW)

and am just trying to access my streams via:
<name>Tivo</name>
<path>xbms://192.168.3.6:1400</path>

I want to get this going before I broach TiVox.

Like many that have come before me, the files are being listed under My Videos, but when I select one to play, it pauses for a second, then goes back to the list of files like nothing had been done. The telnet output is very similar to the output documented just above by BigBlueBeast.

It looks to me as if Jimthev has a potential solution to try, "replacing the T3CH default.xbe with the one from ekb." However, I don't have the tools or ability to build my own ekb release at this time. Where does one find alternative compiled builds to those T3CH builds found at xbins? Would anyone consider releasing this particular fix?

Much appreciation for all the work that has been done here, and for any suggestions that might show me a direction to move forward.

jkrell
09-30-2005, 10:12 AM
I installed Jon's TivoX 1.5 on my Xbox. The look and feel are superb. Glad Jon took Jim's latest TivoX version 1.3 and worked his magic on it.

I cannot, however, get ANY videos to play through it. This was not a problem with Jim's TivoX 1.3. I have fiddled with the "useOriginalCCXStreamNowShowing" setting. When set to False, selecting a show to play from the Now Showing list freezes the Xbox completely. When set to True, nothing happens when I select a show to play -- it acts as if it is going to play, and then instead of the show starting, nothing happens (though the Xbox is at least not completely frozen).

I am using ccXstream v. 1.0.17 and 1.0.17a, both available in Jim's posts on this thread. Should I go back to an older version of ccXstream? I am also on an old build of XBMC -- probably May 2005 or older. Should I update my build to a more recent date?

Any other ideas?

Interestingly, when I updated my XBMC to the latest T3CH build, I now am able to play the files on my TiVo (using TivoX 1.5) without taking any other action. Plus, the latest build looks great!! I love the skin sounds!!!

JayAtIU
09-30-2005, 10:53 AM
Alright, I give up; I've searched everywhere without finding anything, and would appreciate any help that I can get. I'm just trying to make sure that my tivowebplus 1.2.1 (running on a hacked series 2 directivo with 4.x software) is co-operating with xboxtv6.itcl, and so far they're not. I took a suggestion from Carlos from another post (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=166635&postcount=17), where he said to run http://tivo/xboxtv?action=listchans from your web browser just to make sure that there aren't any errors. Well, I can't get that to work. I get the following instead (note: the "8.1" is inaccurate; I'm not at home now to check the actual number, but it's something like that):

–cut here–
action_xboxtv ‘/’ ’set “action” “listchans”;’
expected integer but got “8.1″
while executing
“lsort -integer [array names channeltablenum]”
(procedure “::action_xboxtv” line 79)
invoked from within
“::action_$action $chan $part $env”
(”eval” body line 1)
invoked from within
“eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}”
–cut here–

However, when I run some of the actions from the web browser (e.g. http://tivo/xboxtv?action=nowshowing), things are executed correctly. So, there isn't a problem with all of the commands in the .itcl file, just some of them. I need to get xboxtv6.itcl behaving correctly before I even try to tackle they python end of things, so what version of xbmc I'm running, etc... is irrelevant at this point. I'm only debugging this through trying to execute xboxtv actions in the webbrowser, so only TW+ or the xboxtv6.itcl files can be called into question. Please respond with any feedback. Thanks!!

BTW, I did go back and try running tivoweb 1.9.4, instead of the tivowebplus version I'm on (I also tried this with tw+1.1pre2), and I've had the same problem in all instances. I would think that it must be something with my version of tivo software and/or the xboxtv6.itcl file. I'm also not the first person to experience this, as Brandon outlined the same error here (http://www.jonsthoughtsoneverything.com/2005/08/03/tivo-xbox-media-center-pluging-updated/) on Jon's website (see the last comment near the bottom of the page).

Jason

NightStarLWR
10-16-2005, 07:26 AM
Hello all. Very new to all of this (x-box/tivo hacks), so please bear with me.

I have been rereading this thread for three days, trying to get ccxstream and xbmc working properly on my system. I am using:

XBMC CVS 2005-09-21 T3CH
ccxstream 1.0.15 (from AW)

and am just trying to access my streams via:
<name>Tivo</name>
<path>xbms://192.168.3.6:1400</path>

I am running a recent (2005-10-something-T3CH) version of XBMC.
I am running the ccxstream that came with AlphaWolf's AIO set
/tivo-bin/ccxstream -f
is all I do to start it.

Under My Videos I have a 'XBMSP Network Servers (Auto-Discover)' item, when I hit that, the xbox shows up, simple as that.

GrimSage
10-23-2005, 02:47 AM
Thank you for the wonderful script. Unfortunately it does not work properly.
I am trying to use the TivoX but When I click on the play it does not actually play.
However, if I user My Videos --> 'XBMSP Network Servers (Auto-Discover) --> My Tivo, I can use that to play the shows.

I have a DTivo S2 running verion 6.2 software and ccxstream 1.0.15
Anyone have any idea's?

jstaylor
11-04-2005, 08:14 PM
I'm running the 10/30 XBMC T3CH build, TivoWeb plus, TivoX 1.5 and the Series 1 CCXStream from Jon's site. All the menus and my file listings come up fine and I'm able to select a file and click play. The screen shows caching and looks like it is going to play but the progress bar hangs up very near the end. When looking at the log file the cache fill always craps out at 19.53% of the file no matter which file I choose. Here is an excerpt from the log file.

31-12-2003 15:20:14 DEBUG msg:

Cache fill: 18.75% (1572864 bytes)

Cache fill: 19.53% (1638400 bytes)

Cache fill: 19.53% (1638400 bytes)

31-12-2003 15:20:16 ERROR cmplayer::openfile() xbms://192.168.0.102/FSIDNowShowing/FSID_3563115.ty failed

31-12-2003 15:20:16 DEBUG msg: mplayer_close_file()

31-12-2003 15:20:16 DEBUG msg:

31-12-2003 15:20:16 DEBUG msg: uninit_player

31-12-2003 15:20:16 DEBUG msg: uninit_player - done

31-12-2003 15:20:16 DEBUG Freeing FS segment @ 0x757ba0

Any thoughts anyone?

billnbell
01-04-2006, 12:05 AM
I get error when using xboxtv6.itcl with TivoWebPlus.

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_xboxtv '' 'set "action" "listchans";'
expected integer but got "22.1"
while executing
"lsort -integer [array names channeltablenum]"
(procedure "::action_xboxtv" line 79)
invoked from within
"::action_$action $chan $part $env"
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
"eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
--cut here--

Anyway to fix this code:

if { $action == "LISTCHANS" } {
# list channels
foreach channum [lsort -integer [array names channeltablenum]] {
set stationfsid $channeltablenum($channum)
set data $channeltablestation($stationfsid)
set favorite [lindex $data 1]
set callsign [lindex $data 2]
set name [lindex $data 3]
set logoindex [lindex $data 4]
set logo1 [lsearch $logotableindex(1) $logoindex]
set logo1 [lindex $logotablename(1) $logo1]
if { $logo1 == "" } {
set logo1 "NO_LOGO"
}
if { $chnsel == "3" && $favorite == 0 } {
continue
}
puts -nonewline $chan $channum
puts -nonewline $chan "#"
puts -nonewline $chan $name
puts -nonewline $chan "#"
puts -nonewline $chan $logo1
puts -nonewline $chan "$$$$$"
# end for
}

Thanks.

Soapm
08-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Newbie alart...

I have ccxstream running on my Tivo. Now I need information on writing a script so it will run automaticaly each time the Tivo boots up.

jt1134
08-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Newbie alart...

I have ccxstream running on my Tivo. Now I need information on writing a script so it will run automaticaly each time the Tivo boots up.

You don't need to write a new script to launch it at bootup, just add a call in rc.sysinit.author to start it up.

Soapm
08-03-2007, 04:07 AM
You don't need to write a new script to launch it at bootup, just add a call in rc.sysinit.author to start it up.

If my file is in the /var/hack/ccxstream/ccxstream then how will the line I place in the author file look? I put one just like above but it no worky.

Does it matter where I put it?

carlosp_uk
08-05-2007, 05:58 AM
If my file is in the /var/hack/ccxstream/ccxstream then how will the line I place in the author file look? I put one just like above but it no worky.

Does it matter where I put it?

Basically, from a command prompt, use a text editor such as nano to edit the file by typing:
nano /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.author

At the end of the file add the line:
/var/hack/ccxstream/ccxstream -f

(make sure you press return afterwards)

Save the file and you're done!

See this web page for more help:
http://www.tivohelp.com/archive/tivohelp.swiki.net/41.html

Knyte
10-29-2007, 12:22 PM
Hi, I have a S1 by Phillips, heavily modded, but running very well and stable.

I've got the startup scripts down pat, all good there.

However, when I first copied ccxstream_s1 to /var/hack and tried to execute it manually with ./ccxstream_s1 -f & , ./ccxstream_s1 -f or even just ./ccxstream &, it errors out, it won't execute at all. chmod +x ccxstream_s1 and chmod 777 ccxstream_s1 doessn't seem to help either.

Can't recall the error offhand...it was a big long string...I'll edit this post as soon as I get home...but thought I'd throw it out there, maybe I should makefile or something; compile it directly on my Tivo?

I'm wondering if maybe all the versions of ccxstream I've found are for MIPS, when what I need is PPC.

EDIT: amazing what can happen when one pays attention and selects "Binary" for FTP transfers -before- asking stupid questions. Suddenly executable things start executing the way they're supposed to.