PDA

View Full Version : TiVo_CRAZEE bites the hand that feeds him.

TiVo_CRAZEE
07-16-2004, 12:32 AM
Anybody figure out if the 3.1.0b supported version still works for 3.1.0c???

JJBliss
07-16-2004, 08:28 AM

What kind of ridiculous question is that?

Did "anybody" "figure out" if 3.1.0b version still works??? You mean, by like, trial and error? Did YOU test it? What did YOU figure out?

If you would have ran it yourself, you would have seen that the MFS component will still work since the resource ID hasn't changed, but since tivoapp is a new size, the tivoapp patching component will fail, and tell you so.

So, just like it says in this thread, a new version of bufferhack is needed that accounts for the new tivoapp for 3.1.0c

Sorry for being testy... that was just a loaded silly question.

jeboo
07-16-2004, 02:36 PM

I will give the more polite answer..:) Support for 3.1.0c (and 3.0) will be in bufferhack 2.3...Keep an eye out for it this weekend...Although I suspect 3.1.0d will be coming soon given the video freeze bug.

jeboo

TiVo_CRAZEE
07-17-2004, 04:23 PM
Sorry for being testy... that was just a loaded silly question.

Testy is a bit of an understatement . . . sorry we are not all macho programmer dudes like you! I did read all of the thread and was left not understanding and also not wanting to run a patch that potentially could modify the kernal or tivoapp incorrectly, so NO I DIDN'T RUN IT MYSELF, and decided to ask the forum. Isn't that what it is for, or is it just a place for you to get you ego stroked?

Why don't you try taking a medical supplement for you apparent condition (maybe prozac)?

Thanks for the understanding Jeboo!!!

rc3105
07-17-2004, 05:01 PM
Testy is a bit of an understatement . . . sorry we are not all macho programmer dudes like you! I did read all of the thread and was left not understanding and also not wanting to run a patch that potentially could modify the kernal or tivoapp incorrectly, so NO I DIDN'T RUN IT MYSELF, and decided to ask the forum. Isn't that what it is for, or is it just a place for you to get you ego stroked?

Why don't you try taking a medical supplement for you apparent condition (maybe prozac)?

JJbliss apologizes for being testy and you respond like that???

gee, I wonder what could have possibly annoyed JJBliss to make him testy in the first place... :rolleyes:

mod is a volounteer position herebouts and the aggravation far outweighs the perks - please bear that in mind and try not to ask silly questions (or at least ask them in the right thread)

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy & good with ketchup

JJBliss
07-18-2004, 01:34 PM

Um.... Good job.

JJBliss is left wishing there was a way to pat these folks on the head and send them on their way

TiVo_CRAZEE
07-18-2004, 09:43 PM
JJbliss apologizes for being testy and you respond like that???

Let's see slam away and then make an off-handed excuse for it . . . nice apology . . . I guess if the shoe fits you can wear it too!

(or at least ask them in the right thread)

Hmm . . . guess I shoulda known better then to ask a question about Bufferhack in the Bufferhack thread?!

JJBliss
07-18-2004, 10:57 PM
Let's see slam away and then make an off-handed excuse for it . . . nice apology . . . I guess if the shoe fits you can wear it too!
Hmm . . . guess I shoulda known better then to ask a question about Bufferhack in the Bufferhack thread?!

There was no slam. I just told you that your question was ridiculous. You asked a stupid question and got an obnoxious answer. I'm sure this has happened to you before. This couldn't have been the first time.

You claim to have read all of the thread (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174009&postcount=120) and didn't understand

But if you did, you would have read this (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=172884&postcount=104) and this (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=172620&postcount=101). Unless your reading comprehension skills are that poor, then I don't blame you for feeling slighted by my comments, since you probably didn't understand my point anyway.

The reason your post was silly/ridiculous is:

a) It was already asked and answered
b) you phrased in such a way as to claim that it MIGHT be figured out by trial and error
c) you asked if anyone "figured out if the 3.1.0b supported version still works for 3.1.0c" which implies that SOMEONE should have "tried" it, but NOT you - for fear of "not wanting to run a patch that potentially could modify the kernal or tivoapp incorrectly".

So you see, my post to you wasn't a slam, it was informational. Your post was ridiculous and if you would have ran it yourself (as you asked if anybody did) you would have seen the results first hand.

I even apologized for taking up everyone elses time in order to scold you in hopes of saving the next thread. I see that was in vain.

Nonetheless, despite your rude obnoxious behavior, the new bufferhack will be out (thanks to Jeboo) tomorrow. I hope you enjoy it, and it works very well for you, seeing how you earned it and all. :rolleyes:

TiVo_CRAZEE
07-18-2004, 11:12 PM
. . . and got an obnoxious answer.

Well put . . . you are an obnoxious ****!

JJBliss
07-18-2004, 11:29 PM
I split these posts away from a valuable thread so as not to let them poison it.

In the spirit of free-speech that we have always stood by here at DDB, I haven't banned TiVo_CRAZEE for his big mouth. Since he and I apparently are all of a sudden at odds (shame really..), it would be wrong to pull rank. Rather then smite him, I just cleaned up the thread and will allow him to embarrass himself here in the sewer.

TiVo_CRAZEE
07-18-2004, 11:52 PM
I believe that most people who read through this thread will concur that your arrogance, and totally rude response to a simple one line question, is at least as embarrasing as my ignorance!

If you look back you will notice that in the past I have actually helped you fix this app for other software updates . . . as usual, no past good deeds go unpunished. You really should learn not to read things so literally and lighten up . . . my only intent for the original post was to see if any progress was being made . . . I think Jeboo understood this based on his "polite" response to your rude behavior.

PapaSmurf
07-20-2004, 04:55 PM
Testy is a bit of an understatement . . . sorry we are not all macho programmer dudes like you! ... Isn't that what it is for, or is it just a place for you to get you ego stroked?

I believe that most people who read through this thread will concur that your arrogance, and totally rude response to a simple one line question, is at least as embarrasing as my ignorance!

Funny. From my point of view, you seem to have made a complete fool of yourself.

JJBliss' reply, however obnoxious or arrogant it may have been, provided you with an answer. You could have graciously accepted that answer. Instead, you foolishly retorted.

Oops, your bad. :rolleyes:

cojonesdetoro
07-21-2004, 06:24 PM
When asked "Is the glass half empty or half full?" I alway thought the glass was just the wrong size! .

I usually just yell for bartender.. hic!

ccipher
07-21-2004, 07:16 PM
I have read 1,000's of posts here and can say I am stunned at the lack of respect for others' work, opinions, questions, and insight. The folks who "give away" their work do so in good faith (and maybe a little "Hey everybody, look over here at what I did"). The folks who come here do so for the depth of information about how to make their Tivo machines do more - which I might add is found no where else. I don't believe anyone intentionally asks a stupid question. I also understand answering the SAME questions over and over gets old in short order. With that said I couldn't believe DB was allowed to be so vehemently rude to most everyone for so long (yeah, I know this is a dead issue...) I see the wake of his impact on tone here again and again. Contributing to the casue is important, but being a decent human is just as important.

My 2 cents.

PlainBill
07-21-2004, 07:47 PM
I have read 1,000's of posts here and can say I am stunned at the lack of respect for others' work, opinions, questions, and insight. The folks who "give away" their work do so in good faith (and maybe a little "Hey everybody, look over here at what I did"). The folks who come here do so for the depth of information about how to make their Tivo machines do more - which I might add is found no where else. I don't believe anyone intentionally asks a stupid question. I also understand answering the SAME questions over and over gets old in short order. With that said I couldn't believe DB was allowed to be so vehemently rude to most everyone for so long (yeah, I know this is a dead issue...) I see the wake of his impact on tone here again and again. Contributing to the casue is important, but being a decent human is just as important.

My 2 cents.

I would dispute your assumption that no one deliberately asks a stupid question. We recently have seen a number of people that deserve a sign (ala Jeff Foxworthy). It DOES get tiring answering the same questions over and over again. However, when someone refuses to understand WHY they must follow directions, it takes me over the edge. My personal pet peeve is the guy who 'has XX years of computer experience', doesn't know Linux or TiVos, and doesn't want to search for th answers - even rejects pointers to the correct answer.

There's one on the Newbie forum right now - doesn't believe TiVoScripts needs a FAT32 hard drive to work properly. I've decided to let him stew in his misery.

PlainBill

captain_video
07-21-2004, 08:37 PM
We recently have seen a number of people that deserve a sign (ala Jeff Foxworthy).
That's Bill Engvall, dude. Dagnabit, can't you guys keep your rednecks straight?

On the oother issues, I'm with PlainBill. It amazes me that so many so-called experienced PC and Linux users refuse to take answers at face value. While I'm all for a certain level of decorum and etiquette, it's extremely difficult at times to answer the same daggone question for the 487th time without at least a small pinch of sarcasm. I've gotten to the point where I just walk away when I see posts with yet another redundant question that's been answered hundreds of times before because I'm afraid of what I might post in response.

I know it's a royal pain to find things in these forums but you've got to at least try before you post. I'm not talking about a quick search before you pop the question. I'm talking about actually doing some hardcore research and spend a couple of days reading everything you can find before you post at an absolute minimum. These forums would have far less chaff to wade through if every newbie did some homework on their own first instead of posting a multitude of questions when they first arrive here. They'd learn far more on their own and have to deal with far fewer or no sarcastic remarks.

Here's your 2 cents and I raise you 2 more - end of rant.

Sleeper
07-21-2004, 11:19 PM
Captain,

I agreee with both points:

It does get irritating sometimes and the best thing to do is to just walk away.

This site does seriously lack orginazation. You, I and many others could organize it. But why? We don't have any say or control over this site or how it is run. Why should I or anyone else put that type of effort into DDB. We certainly would not receive compensation or gratitude for doing it. The net effect is that it would make the site more attractive and increase advertsising revenue for the owner. But what does it do for us? Besides, most of the posters who have been around know where the info is or how to quickly find it.

So we do our part by helping out others when we can - or when we have time - or when we feel like it - or when we feel like being nice.

Sorry for the rant, sore subject!

JJBliss
07-21-2004, 11:48 PM
This site does seriously lack orginazation.

<sigh>

Didn't we just reorganize it based on everyone's feedback? If you like, we can go back to those threads and continue to discuss what is best for dealdatabase, but remember that it is no trivial mattter to reorganize a site and deal with the legacy information. If you think it is, you are kidding yourself. take it from those who have recently done it.

Why not wait till the dust settles? It hasn't even been a year.

You, I and many others could organize it. But why? We don't have any say or control over this site or how it is run.
Then start your own and make it better. Or is it easier to crticize the free site?

Why should I or anyone else put that type of effort into DDB. We certainly would not receive compensation or gratitude for doing it.
Nor do any of the moderators or administrators of DDB

The net effect is that it would make the site more attractive and increase advertsising revenue for the owner.

Oh god...

Wouldn't YOUR hypothetically-better-organized site "rake in" even more advertising dollars? Then you too could be rich like Vadim :rolleyes:

mrblack51
07-21-2004, 11:53 PM
This site does seriously lack orginazation.

i encourage you to make an effort to remedy that. positive efforts are always encouraged. complaints, while fun and a release for some, dont really solve the problem - it takes action

You, I and many others could organize it. But why? We don't have any say or control over this site or how it is run. Why should I or anyone else put that type of effort into DDB. We certainly would not receive compensation or gratitude for doing it. The net effect is that it would make the site more attractive and increase advertsising revenue for the owner. But what does it do for us? Besides, most of the posters who have been around know where the info is or how to quickly find it.

there has been much public discussion about the organization of the site. if you recall, there were a number of threads, which both you and captain participated in among others. All ideas were concidered, and the forums were modified to best suit the needs of the community, and to organize while not creating too much disjoint information. there has always been, and will continue to be, room for suggestions which are positive and constructive. All will be reviewed, but not all will be implemented. If you have a positive suggestion, by all means, post it. (no, im not talking about the "lets all be nicer to each other", because we all need to work on that - its a given).

becoming part of the solution doesnt always mean answering every newbie question in every thread that gets created - that creates problems when others want to search. Should questions get answered? of course. Should people be directed to search, and pointed to specific threads? of course. should we be aware that there are trolls and people who are simply belidgerant, expecting everything to be handed to them without any effort? of course. finding the balance is key. becoming a part of the solution doesnt necessarily mean allowing huge masses of people to move threads, delete posts, or whatnot - that in itself has large problems associated with it. As such, each user of the forum has the power to make it better or worse - which do you choose to do?

So we do our part by helping out others when we can - or when we have time - or when we feel like it - or when we feel like being nice.

yup, you got it

TiVoByte
07-22-2004, 11:27 PM
He may have been banned, may have pseudonyms, but in the end, he won. Welcome to the end of civility. It's just ashame to see the downward spiral of the board. How did this all get so serious that we have regressed to bile and venom.

Messing with Linux and Tivo's used to be fun here. The technical resource is worth weading thru the junk, but it certainly isn't as pleasant as it used to be.

Reguards

BubbleLamp
07-22-2004, 11:47 PM
He may have been banned, may have pseudonyms, but in the end, he won. Welcome to the end of civility. It's just ashame to see the downward spiral of the board. How did this all get so serious that we have regressed to bile and venom.

Messing with Linux and Tivo's used to be fun here. The technical resource is worth weading thru the junk, but it certainly isn't as pleasant as it used to be.

ReguardsYep, you're not alone in your assessment. Others feel it's a regular cesspool too.

JJBliss
07-23-2004, 12:05 AM
Yep, you're not alone in your assessment. Others feel it's a regular cesspool too.

Yet you stay? Are you saying that you often wallow in a cesspool of your own volition? Seems like a bad way to spend your time.

Maybe there's a reason you keep coming back after being banned yourself?

I wonder what it is. Is it because the board fulfills some need you have? Or because it's not as bad as you seem to proclaim?

BubbleLamp
07-23-2004, 12:11 AM
Yet you stay? Are you saying that you often wallow in a cesspool of your own volition? Seems like a bad way to spend your time.

Maybe there's a reason you keep coming back after being banned yourself?

I wonder what it is. Is it because the board fulfills some need you have? Or because it's not as bad as you seem to proclaim?
Trolling on your own board, what a role model you are.

JJBliss
07-23-2004, 12:18 AM
Trolling on your own board, what a role model you are.

You had better come up with some proof that I am trolling on this board. Sounds like a pretty tough accusation?

If you are referring to my post, they are questions, not trolls. Maybe you don't know the difference. However, YOU posting that "others" feel that DDB is a "cesspool" IS a troll post, and typically grounds for punitive action.

But since you and I both know that you have no proof of such a thing, you are once again grasping at straws.

Since this is the sewer, and obviously where your posts belong, I will entertain you for a little while longer since your antics amuse me.

You may continue, provided you keep your dissent in the appropriate locations set aside for your type.

BubbleLamp
07-23-2004, 12:30 AM
You had better come up with some proof that I am trolling on this board. Sounds like a pretty tough accusation?

If you are referring to my post, they are questions, not trolls. Maybe you don't know the difference. However, YOU posting that "others" feel that DDB is a "cesspool" IS a troll post, and typically grounds for punitive action.

But since you and I both know that you have no proof of such a thing, you are once again grasping at straws.

Since this is the sewer, and obviously where your posts belong, I will entertain you for a little while longer since your antics amuse me.

You may continue, provided you keep your dissent in the appropriate locations set aside for your type.

Go read the PM's I've gotten from others, you'll know I'm not grasping at straws.

Maybe there's a reason you keep coming back after being banned yourself?That's not a question, it's a statement.

TiVo_CRAZEE
07-23-2004, 12:33 AM
How did this all get so serious that we have regressed to bile and venom.

It is interesting how this thread split has grown. It would appear that many people have deep feelings on these issues. I can only hope some good comes from it.

While I do know who DB is/was I gather he was banned for some reason similar to my going off on JJBliss as a result of the rude response(s) I received from him. To be honest, I really did not care at that point if he took his Administrator God Rights/Complex and banned me as I would just re-emerge under a different name/email address as I am sure DB has done if he is still hacking a TiVo.

When I first started doing the TiVo hack the forums had some basic TOLERANCE for newbies and redundant questions. While asking a redundant question does deserve a response that points this fact out and requests a more thorough try at understanding before posting, it does not deserve a flame job unless it happens over and over again by the same poster.

Having someone slam you by telling you your questions are "ridiculous", told they were "silly", and generally treated like the scum of the earth, shows an immature understanding of basic human decency. If you have to apologize for your rudeness within the same message you are posting you certainly had no intent of being civil in the first place and the apology was most certainly not genuine. It seems "ridiculous" that I should have to point these basic manner facts out!

Having been around a while and helped as I could in some development efforts I felt this simple question, however poorly worded, led to a tirade of arrogance and rudeness I could not just sit back and tolerate. Yes, the result was I was lowered to his level, and for that I am sorry to the rest of you. It certainly is not near as much fun to engage in these activities as it used to be and I would wager we have lost considerable manpower and brainpower as a result . . . civility certainly does appear to be at an end . . . :(

JJBliss
07-23-2004, 12:39 AM
Go read the PM's I've gotten from others, you'll know I'm not grasping at straws.

Well, despite the claims that have been made in the past, moderators and administrators cannot read your PMs. At least, I can't.

But your claims indicate that you are the clearing house for all DDB complaints, or that somehow, you've been identified as some sort of user representative that has been accumulating PMs from "others".

So Mr. User Representative, do you have some sort of proof that I've been trolling my own board? Or was that some flippant comment meant to illicit a reaction from me? Sounds like a troll. Shouldn't trolls be banned?

Since you haven't answered any of my questions based on your commentary, I suspect they are unsupportable.

Why do you remain a member of a forum that you feel is so poorly run, and so badly organized? Don't you have anything else to do?

Why put yourself through this?

OR, is it possible, that the forum is not as bad as you say, and it gives you a place to flex your internet muscle. It seems like you're here an awful lot for someone who doesn't like it.

BubbleLamp
07-23-2004, 12:44 AM
Why do you remain a member of a forum that you feel is so poorly run, and so badly organized? Don't you have anything else to do?

Why put yourself through this?

It's like watching a slow-motion car wreck. You know it's gonna be ugly, but you can't take your eyes off it.

THREAD CLOSED
07-23-2004, 12:48 AM
Dear sir,

BWAHAHAHA... 15000 satisfied users and all this guy can do is bitch and moan. Sounds like a real winner. Maybe illegal drug use isn't your biggest problem. :D

Regards,

JJBliss
07-23-2004, 12:50 AM
Having someone slam you by telling you your questions are "ridiculous", told they were "silly", and generally treated like the scum of the earth, shows an immature understanding of basic human decency. If you have to apologize for your rudeness within the same message you are posting you certainly had no intent of being civil in the first place and the apology was most certainly not genuine. It seems "ridiculous" that I should have to point these basic manner facts out!

awww... poor baby.. Did someone hurt your feelings? I said your question was ridiculous. Get over it. It wasn't a "slam". You think my post (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=173888&postcount=2) was a slam? You think THAT was treating you like the "scum of the earth". Yikes. Oofa Doofa are you in for a rude awakening.

Grow a thicker skin and get over yourself. You won't be coddled here or in the real world.

Anyone who spends more then a week in any business enviroment becomes quite confortable with supervisory criticism. Despite what you may want to hear, here I am your supervisor. I sternly criticized your question and then explained your error, and how you should proceed in the future.

Many times, when counseling poor employees, I apologize for the need to scold them since it is indeed the courteous thing to do.

Your reaction to my post is silly and ridiculous. Notice, however, that I did not say that YOU are silly and ridiculous.

Nota Bene: Silly and ridiculous are words designed to coddle you. I was probably thinking much worse things, but in an effort to tone down my thoughts, silly and ridiculous came out. That was still too much for you to handle. Silly and ridiculous. Harumph.. Imagine what you would have thought is I used my original choices...

Sleeper
07-23-2004, 12:59 AM
(no, im not talking about the "lets all be nicer to each other", because we all need to work on that - its a given).

Sure is!!!!!!!!

TiVo_CRAZEE
07-23-2004, 01:01 AM
Anyone who spends more then a week in any business enviroment becomes quite confortable with supervisory criticism.[/i]

You certainly have an excellent way of making my points regarding civility and manners for me . . .

Not sure of your background but I have been a successful business manager for many years . . . methinks your the one that needs to learn about the real world. Supervisory criticism should not use demeaning adjectives if it is to be constructive. I doubt any employee of yours is a happy camper and most likely in serious need of morale help and alternative employment . . .

BubbleLamp
07-23-2004, 01:02 AM
Dear sir,

BWAHAHAHA... 15000 satisfied users and all this guy can do is bitch and moan. Sounds like a real winner. Maybe illegal drug use isn't your biggest problem. :D

Regards,
Oh geez, just when I thought you'd been hit by a truck. :D

THREAD CLOSED
07-23-2004, 01:10 AM
Dear sir,

Oh geez, just when I thought you'd been hit by a truck. :D

You forgot to answer JJ's questions. :D

Regards,

T. Closed

P.S. Sleeper: quit acting like a homo.

Sleeper
07-23-2004, 01:14 AM
P.S. Sleeper: quit acting like a homo.

Don't worry, when i start acting like a homo I will be sure to make you my bitch!

Most people respond well to kindness. You on the other hand need a little bitch slapping.

THREAD CLOSED
07-23-2004, 01:26 AM
Dear sir,

Don't worry, when i start acting like a homo I will be sure to make you my bitch!

Them's tough words coming from a one hit wonder who can't even write a decent shell script. :D

Aren't your 15 minutes up yet? :D

Regards,

Sleeper
07-23-2004, 01:36 AM
Them's tough words coming from a one hit wonder who can't even write a decent shell script. :D

What's the matter? Oh that's right, I remember you. You were the little kid who ran out of his house, called the other kids names, ran back inside and clinged behind your mother's leg when the other kids came chasing after you to kick your ass.

Lost Dog
07-23-2004, 01:55 AM
"Everybodys hugging."

/Ralph

bbsux
07-23-2004, 11:43 AM
Dear sir,

Aren't your 15 minutes up yet? :D

Regards,

Tough words from somebody with a 30 post count when Sleeper has a post count of 1,293!

Thread Closed:
When you release a highly easy to use and highly popular piece of tivo hacking software then maybe you can talk to Sleeper that way. But you haven't done anything!

STOP ACTING LIKE CHILDREN!!!

JPapa
07-23-2004, 12:08 PM
Tough words from somebody with a 30 post count when Sleeper has a post count of 1,293!

Thread Closed:
When you release a highly easy to use and highly popular piece of tivo hacking software then maybe you can talk to Sleeper that way. But you haven't done anything!

STOP ACTING LIKE CHILDREN!!!

im new here. it seems that post count matters alot so why does someone who has a postcount of 120 matter?

you don't have as mich posts aas some of the other guss here so i guess you dont count.

you siad it yourslef, that if you have too little psost then you arent worht anything unless you have a lot of posts.

you guys are stupid.

hello pot, this is the kettle.

bbsux
07-23-2004, 12:18 PM
im new here. it seems that post count matters alot so why does someone who has a postcount of 120 matter?

you don't have as mich posts aas some of the other guss here so i guess you dont count.

you siad it yourslef, that if you have too little psost then you arent worht anything unless you have a lot of posts.

you guys are stupid.

hello pot, this is the kettle.

Post count doesn't normally matter. But in this instance it does. Thread closed insulted Sleeper because he has release only tivoscripts. When Thread Closed hasn't done anything but hang around and insult people (he hasn't released any software). This is illustrated by his post count.

Am I saying that since I have posted 120 things I am better than Thread Closed? No. I am saying that I do not lurk and insult people. Does my post count make better than you since you only have 6? Nope, not at all. Am I saying that I am a TIVO GOD? Nope, wouldn't be that much of an arrogant <BLANK>. I am saying that you, sleeper and I are normal people. We help whenever, wherever we can -- Instead of swooping in and insulting people.

JPapa
07-23-2004, 12:39 PM
oh ok i got it. thanks

how do i become a tTIVO GOD?

if i post alot like sleper will i become a TIVOGOd too

i now alto about computers and i like this tivo thingy you guys do. im afariad since i dont type so good, that i wont ever beocme good at this thign since you say that you are only ok if you make software and post about it.

what if i want to make software hacking stuff but i dont brag about it or post it here? then do i still ge t a right to saya things?

JPapa
07-23-2004, 12:40 PM
bytheway I have alot of repect for sleepr since i useed his stuff before. thank you sleeper.

I am not mad at him, just i dont understand why some poeple get yelled at here and not others.

seems that every one needs to liten up.

JJBliss
07-23-2004, 12:48 PM
Holy Christ !!!

Is it even possible that I might have to split a thread from the sewer into yet another thread in the sewer?

This has gotten way off course, but I suppose you folks need somewhere to vent.

Anyone want to bet that someone in this thread has already complained to the board owners? Some people don't like to be confronted. Those people usually don't make it very far.

This thread is self-contained (as are all the silly and ridiculous threads that wind up in the sewer) and doesn't taint or disturb the remainder of the usefull forums. Therefore, I am inclined to let them go on forever.

If you do not want to participate in threads in the sewer, I recommend not reading or responding to threads in the sewer. Seems like a pretty good rue of thumb. If you want to participate in these silly and ridiculous threads, enjoy.

They're just silly and ridiculous.

(I said silly and ridiculous an awful lot of times just now. I hope no one is crying yet. I mean, they are pretty bad words. :rolleyes: )

bbsux
07-23-2004, 12:49 PM
Removed rant

JPapa
07-23-2004, 12:54 PM
Easy to understand..

Don't say anything bad about any Mod. They will ban you .. especially if what you say is true.

If a Mod bashes someone its ok to bash them.

But If you bash someone they like, you will probably get banned.

Simple...

thanks for repsonding bbsux. you are very helpful. since you haven't gotten banned yet I assume the mods like you since you are bashing them and you are not banned.

good work.

and now you have two more posts so you now have 122 posts. maybe you need to change your other post that sayd you have 120. it will mean more tand be more important if you point out the more posts you have i think.

i dont bash anybody since its not very nice. you guys spend alot of time on this stuff instead of tivo hacking. very weierd.

TiVo_CRAZEE
07-23-2004, 01:20 PM
(I said silly and ridiculous an awful lot of times just now. I hope no one is crying yet. I mean, they are pretty bad words. :rolleyes: )

Yes your posts have gotten very silly and totally ridiculous. Since the adjectives or expletives everyone would really like to use to describe your attitude and maturity level get sensored all we are left with are these really bad words . . . :roflol:

alldeadhomiez
07-23-2004, 01:22 PM
Easy to understand..

Don't say anything bad about any Mod. They will ban you .. especially if what you say is true.

Simple...

Here's another tip:

If you are a forum troll and you're losing an argument with another forum troll, start bashing the Gestapo moderators "for letting him get away with this!" to divert attention from the argument you lost. Remember that the moderators are always on the other guy's side (since obviously he should have been banned for disagreeing with you), so you're entirely within your rights to attack them publicly for this obvious show of bias. For bonus points, track down the site owner and repeatedly bend his ear about how you think all of his volunteer moderators should be fired.

BubbleLamp
07-23-2004, 01:45 PM
Here's another tip:

If you are a forum troll and you're losing an argument with another forum troll, start bashing the Gestapo moderators "for letting him get away with this!" to divert attention from the argument you lost. Remember that the moderators are always on the other guy's side (since obviously he should have been banned for disagreeing with you), so you're entirely within your rights to attack them publicly for this obvious show of bias. For bonus points, track down the site owner and repeatedly bend his ear about how you think all of his volunteer moderators should be fired.
The mods are on their own side, which unfortunately for this board, is at odds with the original concept it was created under, namely, that all folks were welcomed. But since nobody, not even the owner, really cares about that anymore, we're left with the police-state mentality we have today. Might want to practice slaming and banning each other, that's all you'll be left with once someone else starts a board where people are treated like people.

JJBliss
07-23-2004, 02:05 PM
The mods are on their own side, which unfortunately for this board, is at odds with the original concept it was created under, namely, that all folks were welcomed.
All folks are still welcomed. In fact, they are encouraged to share their tivo hacking expertise with little to no restrictions other then those that are blatantly illegal and inflict significant risk on the board owner. However, they are also welcomed and encouraged to leave and start their own forum where they may do things their own way. There is no "non-compete" clause anywhere on DDB. If you think you can do it better, go ahead. We will still be here when you come back.

But since nobody, not even the owner, really cares about that anymore, we're left with the police-state mentality we have today.
Vadim must care very much about this forum, since he denied your application for Moderator as well as dismissed your rules proposal. The board owner and the rest of the management at dealdatabase continues to do what is right for the other 15,000 some odd participants who aren't as dissatisfied as you are.

In fact, many new, interesting and worthwhile things have been accomplished at DDB (no thanks to you) since you began your dissention campaign. Some time ago you used to be a useful asset to this community. Most recently you have become bitter and spend the lions share of your time criticizing, instead of producing. Luckily for you and the other 15,000 participants, not everyone feels the same way you do. Otherwise, how would you hack your tivo without the information you've been given here?

Might want to practice slaming and banning each other, that's all you'll be left with once someone else starts a board where people are treated like people.
Knock yourself out. Have at it. In fact, I dare you.

alldeadhomiez
07-23-2004, 02:07 PM
The mods are on their own side, which unfortunately for this board, is at odds with the original concept it was created under, namely, that all folks were welcomed. But since nobody, not even the owner, really cares about that anymore, we're left with the police-state mentality we have today. Might want to practice slaming and banning each other, that's all you'll be left with once someone else starts a board where people are treated like people.

The talented individuals who made this board successful will stay here, because they know they will be given the respect and resources they deserve. We provide an organized environment in which hackers of all levels can freely exchange information on legitimate hacks.

As for the complainers... well, they're tolerated as long as it doesn't get out of hand. But that's not really the niche we try to fill here. If you're angry all the time and need somewhere to vent, try a self help board (http://www.psychforums.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=236) instead.

captain_video
07-23-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by bbsux

Easy to understand..

Simple...

Before anyone flames me for this response, keep in mind that I'm only stating the hard, simple facts about this and every other forum on the web. I'm not taking any sides but just tossing my 2 cents into the ring (or should I say sewer?).

There's a hard lesson that newbies (and a lot of veterans as well) have yet to come to grips with. This is a privately owned and operated forum and rules of democracy don't apply. It's more like a dictatorship with the mods being the owner's personal security force to keep things running smoothly. The mods don't get paid for what they do and they certainly don't get paid to put up with anyone's BS. While I don't always agree with what they say or do or the way they go about it, none of us really have the right to question it. They are in control, not us. We're all just guests of Vadim. If you don't like it you don't have to come here, plain and simple. If you don't like the way you're being treated, the same thing applies. This applies to every single forum on the web. Just check out the Tivo Community Forum if you really want to deal with some anal mods. At least DDB doesn't censor your posts or black out links to other sites. They will, however, edit out any personal info posted in an open forum (that's what PM's are for, BTW).

Upon reviewing the original post and JJ's response to it it's clear that the tone of the reponse could have perhaps been a little less sarcastic but he did apologize at the end and also provided the answer to the original poster. Apparently the poster took great offense to the tone and started an all-out flame war that never should have started. Instead, he should have taken the answer at face value and moved on instead of bickering with a mod (and the developer of the bufferhack mod if I remember correctly). Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. :rolleyes:

Tiros
07-23-2004, 02:10 PM
Ok, I post this:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=173577&postcount=7

ADH promptly closes the thread and I get the penalty box.
A week later, while the thread is still closed, there is a rebuttal by RC1305, and the thread is still closed.

Was the thread temporarily opened so he could make a post, or is it just my imagination again?

JJBliss
07-23-2004, 02:12 PM
Ok, I post this:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=173577&postcount=7

ADH promptly closes the thread and I get the penalty box.
A week later, while the thread is still closed, there is a rebuttal by RC1305, and the thread is still closed.

Was the thread temporarily opened so he could make a post, or is it just my imagination again?
Moderators can post in closed threads. It's a privilege.

BubbleLamp
07-23-2004, 02:32 PM
Vadim must care very much about this forum, since he denied your application for Moderator as well as dismissed your rules proposal. The board owner and the rest of the management at dealdatabase continues to do what is right for the other 15,000 some odd participants who aren't as dissatisfied as you are.
Get your fact straight before you shoot your mouth off. I never asked to be a moderator, and the rules I wrote WERE approved according to him, except for the part that the mods had to treat everyone equally.

PapaSmurf
07-23-2004, 03:15 PM
I'd say, "Why can't we all just get along." Except, sometimes the sewer is rather entertaining :D

On the bright side of things. At least conversations (flame wars) like this are allowed in the "sewer." On most (moderated) forums, threads such as this one are promptly disposed of. For the most part, its healthy.

I personally do not share the same mentality as most of the mods here, simply because I work in, and grew up around a "customer service" environment where the customer is always right, regardless of how wrong they really are.

However, it remains a fact that this is "their" forum. We have to follow their rules. If that fact really irks you, then perhaps it is better to go somewhere else.

Just my worthless 2 cents.

TiVo_CRAZEE
07-23-2004, 04:26 PM
This is a privately owned and operated forum and rules of democracy don't apply.

I don't believe anyone suggested it should be a democracy just a dictatorship that used common human decency, respect, and a few manners.

Upon reviewing the original post and JJ's response to it it's clear that the tone of the reponse could have perhaps been a little less sarcastic but he did apologize at the end . . . .

Once again, if you are writing a response to a post and at the end you realize you have gone over the edge have the decency to edit the post before hitting the send button. If you can not take the time to do this and lamely add on an apology at the end of the very same post, no one in thier right mind would consider it sincere. In fact, had it not been for the lame apology at the end of his rant my next post would most likely have been a lot tamer . . .

(and the developer of the bufferhack mod if I remember correctly).

Get your facts straight . . . I did not say anything to the main developers of Bufferhack. Only to JJBliss and RC3105 who decided he needed to come to JJ's rescue/defense

JJBliss
07-23-2004, 05:25 PM
the rules I wrote WERE approved according to him,

yes, and the unicorn said there would be a magic elvin toy for you at the end of the rainbow. :rolleyes:

JJBliss
07-23-2004, 05:32 PM
In fact, had it not been for the lame apology at the end of his rant my next post would most likely have been a lot tamer . . .

OH, so since I went out of my way to apologize to you, you decided to freak out? Then I guess it's no longer your question/post that was silly and ridiculous, but now I see that it is YOU who is ridiculous. Uh oh. Are you OK?

Um, you know what. I apologize.

Get your facts straight . . . I did not say anything to the main developers of Bufferhack. Only to JJBliss and RC3105 who decided he needed to come to JJ's rescue/defense
So anyone who disagrees with your rant is "defending me"? Trust me, I already won.

I don't believe anyone suggested it should be a democracy just a dictatorship that used common human decency, respect, and a few manners
Remember that you're here because I let you be. Enjoy your freedom that I've granted you.

BubbleLamp
07-23-2004, 05:57 PM
yes, and the unicorn said there would be a magic elvin toy for you at the end of the rainbow. :rolleyes:

Read for yourself nimrod.

TiVo_CRAZEE
07-23-2004, 06:00 PM
Um, you know what. I apologize.

Cool . . . lame immature apology number 2!

So anyone who disagrees with your rant is "defending me"? Trust me, I already won.

Maybe in your own little world and mind . . .

Remember that you're here because I let you be. Enjoy your freedom that I've granted you.

There's that God Complex again, you really are full of yourself, huh?

JJBliss
07-23-2004, 06:06 PM
Read for yourself nimrod.
Oh, thank goodness you posted the private e-mail that Vadim sent you indicating that he was showing you favoritism when I banned you.

It seems that even you don't have to play by the rules, when you are friends with the board owner. It seems that Vadim doesn't "...LIKE TO SEE BANNED UNDER YOUR NAME", so he lifted the ban.

Good for you. He even went so far as to claim that mrblack51 and I "pretty much agreed on" your sophmoric rules in order to appease you. Far from a rave review as far as I can see. 5 months, and he still didn't post them. Hmmm.. Must not have been that good, huh?

But thankfully, you violated his trust by posting that e-mail, so that if all goes well, he shouldn't be handling you with kid gloves any longer.

Keep up that post count. You're doing great. Oh, and by the way, congratulations on alienating your only friend in DDB management. Good luck.

JJBliss
07-23-2004, 06:08 PM
Cool . . . lame immature apology number 2!

I'm sorry.

JJBliss
07-23-2004, 06:15 PM
I've reposted your violation of Vadim's trust here, in case you thought better of it, and tried to delete your attachment later.

captain_video
07-23-2004, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_video
(and the developer of the bufferhack mod if I remember correctly).

I think it's you who needs to get his facts straight. It just so happens that JJBliss is the developer of bufferhack which is what I was indicating in my post. So you did, in fact, say something directly to the main developer of bufferhack. You were just oblivious to the fact that you were doing it. That's what I meant about biting the hand that feeds you. Perhaps now that you have things in perspective (I know that's going out on a limb), you might realize why JJ responded in the manner that he did.

bbsux
07-23-2004, 08:00 PM
First off, I'm confused... The last message I sent was at: 11:49 AM

I realized it went too far and took it off at : 11:52 AM

THAT'S 3 MINUTES LATER!!!!

So why did you guys bring this up?

I had obviously changed my mind as it says:

Last edited by bbsux : Today at 11:52 AM. Reason: Removed rant

TiVo_CRAZEE
07-23-2004, 08:07 PM
I think it's you who needs to get his facts straight . . .

I misread your statement and thought you were indicating I involved other individuals besides JJBliss who are apparenltly the real brains behind Bufferhack. I certainly meant no disrespect to them as they appear to have an understanding of basic human decency and manners based on the responses that came from some of them. They are named by the almightly JJBliss himself in his quote from the Bufferhack forum: " . . . MuscleNerd, mbm, alldeadhomiez, kaustic, jeboo and others."

None of this really matters as I was communicating directly with the originator of the flame fest and his association with any app or DDB position is moot.

JJBliss
07-23-2004, 08:12 PM
First off, I'm confused... The last message I sent was at: 11:49 AM

I realized it went too far and took it off at : 11:52 AM

THAT'S 3 MINUTES LATER!!!!

So why did you guys bring this up?

I had obviously changed my mind as it says:

Last edited by bbsux : Today at 11:52 AM. Reason: Removed rant

It seems that some folks saw it and jumped on it within those three minutes. Shows you why e-mail is so dangerous too.

I know you told the jury to disregard what they just heard, but sometimes it gets out beforee you can reign it back in. In fact, you just did it again (posted then added or changed something). Luckily, no one has quoted you yet.

Just a heads up, since you asked what happened...

JJBliss
07-23-2004, 08:19 PM
I misread your statement and thought you were indicating I involved other individuals besides JJBliss who are apparenltly the real brains behind Bufferhack. I certainly meant no disrespect to them as they appear to have an understanding of basic human decency and manners based on the responses that came from some of them. They are named by the almightly JJBliss himself in his quote from the Bufferhack forum: " . . . MuscleNerd, mbm, alldeadhomiez, kaustic, jeboo and others."

None of this really matters as I was communicating directly with the originator of the flame fest and his association with any app or DDB position is moot.
<sigh>

Listen dumbass - You weren't being flamed. NOW you're being flamed. See the difference?

If you seriously got that worked up, and consider this a "flamefest" you need to really get a grip. The posters here who are trying to inform you of the error of your ways still can't convince you how wrong you are.

Now, since I HAVE INDEED flamed you here in this particular post, I am sorry (I know how that riles you up). How long do you think you can attack me personally, when up to now, I have not attacked you personally?

You are wearing on my nerves.

I presume it is your intention to continue to poke at me until I ban you out of frustration, thereby martyring yourself in front of everyone. If you like, I can help. Up to you. I will still be here when you are gone.

I recommend you get off your high horse, and show some of the people you work with in your illustrious sales career what I said, and see how they feel about it. Not everything here, just this (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=173888&postcount=2) post that you claim started all the hullabaloo.

I think you'll be shocked at how they react, and moreover, how much respect they lose for you.

bbsux
07-23-2004, 08:20 PM
It seems that some folks saw it and jumped on it within those three minutes. Shows you why e-mail is so dangerous too.

I know you told the jury to disregard what they just heard, but sometimes it gets out beforee you can reign it back in. In fact, you just did it again (posted then added or changed something). Luckily, no one has quoted you yet.

Just a heads up, since you asked what happened...

I was afraid I'd get banned so I promptly deleted it...

And If I type something wrong and don't realize till after or want to restate something clearer I'm definatly going to edit my post right after...

TiVo_CRAZEE
07-23-2004, 09:14 PM
. . . you need to really get a grip.

It appears you are the one that has lost his "grip" . . . that didn't take long. Since this can not continue to escalate without your flexing the ADMIN MUSCLE I will discontinue as you appear to be incapable of understanding the basic points of civil human interaction I am trying to illustrate, although you have shown a keen understanding of the converse.

rc3105
08-11-2004, 07:31 AM
just for the record, I put TiVo_CRAZEE in the penalty box to cool down here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=176448&pp=40)

I'm spitting distance from becoming the tivo version of DVD-John (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2003/12/12/dvd_jon_appeal_ends_verdict/) & really don't feel like listening to ungratefull whining