PDA

View Full Version : TyTools Error

Overkill
07-19-2004, 01:29 AM
I keep grtting this error When I try to convert to mpeg or VOB....

Sorry... Failed to get the first 10 initial chunks...
Have to have at least that many to start the analysis phase...

DiffTime = 0.000000 (0) == 0.000000 Minutes

total = 1310720 (1 MB)

Done with 'c:\extract\Bad Company-.ty'...

Any idea what the problem is?
Thanks for any help

bato
07-19-2004, 02:03 AM
your file is scrambled, you must unscramble your recordings or patch your tivo to not scramble in the first place.

Overkill
07-19-2004, 02:17 AM
What do I use to get my Tivo to not scramble? is there a good how to post?

Also what is better, making the Tivo not scramble or unscramling the files?
Thanks for you fast response. :)

Overkill

Waruwaru
07-19-2004, 02:55 AM
it's far easier/faster if you just make Tivo record in unencrypter format, instead of trying to manually unscramble later (and no one knows how on S2 yet). Just search for encrypt, noscramble, or decrypt and you will find lots of info.

bato
07-19-2004, 09:05 AM
Check the sticky threads, "Dtivo Video extraction, splitting, and muxing - Scripts, programs, and How-to's only" third post maybe will work for you. I said maybe because that file was posted when there was no S2 units. I don't know if you have a S1 or S2 unit.

Overkill
07-19-2004, 08:41 PM
I have an s1 (Sony T-60
Thanks I will check out the post

Is this the best way to do a s1???
Or are ther any other ways, I have just setup my Tivo so I do not yet have anything recorded...

bato
07-20-2004, 01:07 AM
Is easy to load the noscramble module, if you don't have any recording you want to keep then you will have no problems. Some say is better to patch the kernel but I have noscramble without problems, every time I reboot my tivo it runs again and I have no problems with scramble issues.

Overkill
07-29-2004, 01:58 AM
Wher can I find a He To Fornoscramle?

The install failed and I can't un_insyall esther

Thanks,
Overkill

Fugg
07-29-2004, 07:48 AM

Thanks,
Overkill
A'He To Fornoscramle? After a sucssfull run as a counter agent for the US Army in WW2, Mr. Fornoscramle decided to spend his remaining years in seclusion in a small village near Mount Fugi in Japan.

Sorry about your install, but why in the world did you insya'll Esther? ...and how did you talk her into it in the first place?!?

Just to be on the safe side, Esther may want to visit her gynecologist.

sorry, couldn't help myself.
;)

rfc
07-29-2004, 08:20 AM
A'He To Fornoscramle? After a sucssfull run as a counter agent for the US Army in WW2, Mr. Fornoscramle decided to spend his remaining years in seclusion in a small village near Mount Fugi in Japan.

Sorry about your install, but why in the world did you insya'll Esther? ...and how did you talk her into it in the first place?!?

;)

LMAO. :D

Do a search on UNscramble.o. Personally, I find that on an s1 like the t60, it is no big deal to unscramble after the fact using this tool. Simply put, you put it in your hack directory, run:

"insmod unscramble.o"

Play a few seconds of video from any show you want to bring into tytool, then do it.

Not that hard at all. Best of all, if you do a lot of changes to your system or the unscramble gets wiped by an upgrade, and you happen to end up with some programs scrambled and some not, going this route makes it a lot easier to keep track of things.

Good luck on your quest to find Mr. Fornoscramle!

Overkill
07-29-2004, 08:58 AM
(I need sleep) :p
Where can I find a how to for noscramble? ;)

Thanks,
Overkill

Overkill
07-29-2004, 09:01 AM
Now that is funny :D :D :D ;)

;)

CroW
07-31-2004, 11:06 PM
After I pull the video from the TiVo and create my key file, I check the log created by the Tclient and get this:

DiffTime = 0.000000 (0) == 0.000000 Minutes

total = 1310720 (1 MB)

And GOP Editor throws an error that says that the keyfile generated by the Tclient is not a GOPEditor key file..

Any ideas???

eastwind
08-01-2004, 06:51 AM

Typically the error message you get from using a scrambled recording. (Or a very short one. ;) )
ew