PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - got my .mpg file with TyTool but no video

sdduuuude
07-23-2004, 03:56 AM
OK,

I did everything this guy said using TyTool9r14 and I also tried 15:
http://tipster.stormrad.com/tivo/extractionmpg3.html

It went well, until I play the .mpg file. I get audio only. No video.

I used Windows Media Player 9.0 and an older version of WinDVD, Real Player. I don't want to do anything fancy with it at this point. I just want to watch it on my PC instead of my Tivo.

Am I missing a codec? Where would I get it?

EDITED TO ADD:
Got the Codec. It works the video looks squished side-to-side. People look tall and skinny as if a 16:9 movie is playing on a regular TV screen. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks in advance for your help.

D

sdduuuude
07-23-2004, 03:59 AM
This is on a series 1 Philips.
Software version 3.0-01-1-000
The turbonet was installed by the previous owner.

D

lart2150
07-23-2004, 11:39 AM
I think you need a mpeg2 video codec you might want to install tyshow. it has one with the installer and if you just want to use streams on your computer you can play them once you install it while it's still a .ty(+)

sdduuuude
07-23-2004, 12:01 PM
I'll give that a try just to see if I can get it to work but I really want the mpeg so I can cut up the files and share snippets with people who may not have or want to deal with TyShow.

D

malfunct
07-23-2004, 12:12 PM
I'll give that a try just to see if I can get it to work but I really want the mpeg so I can cut up the files and share snippets with people who may not have or want to deal with TyShow.

D

You need an mpeg2 decoder. This is not installed by default in windows. The easiest way to get an mpeg2 decoder is install a software dvd player on your machine such as powerdvd or windvd.

sdduuuude
07-23-2004, 12:31 PM
OK. It was the codec. I must have been tired last night. I tried to find one but couldn't. Easy this morning.

Now, the video looks squished side-to-side. People look tall and skinny as if a 16:9 movie is playing on a regular TV screen. Any thoughts on that?

D