PDA

View Full Version : streaming video from tivoweb plus

robr
07-24-2004, 01:13 PM
I used the Sleeper ISO, then installed TivoWeb Plus. I go to now Playing and click View. Windows Media player fires up but is missing the proper codec. I install TyShow on the PC, now media player fires up but quickly closes. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot what's going on. Thanks for any help.

AVD
07-24-2004, 06:06 PM
does it work for files native to your hard drive?

srandall25
07-24-2004, 06:30 PM
I have the same problem... I know that the file is decripted though because I used tytools to save the file to my pc and I successfully played it from there in WMP.

I have my cfg file properly updated too...

rung
07-24-2004, 06:43 PM
When I want to use tyshow/media player to play a program on my TiVo, I have to run vserver first.

PortlandPaw
07-24-2004, 08:19 PM
I had this problem too, only it was worse -- first it worked with WMP and then (after, I think, an automatic Windows update) it didn't.

So I switched to Media Player Classic. Oh, and don't forget to have vserver properly installed and running.

Good luck!

p.s. I just remembered that I had trouble with the most recent version of MPC (though that may have changed) and I had to go back a version or two. Do a search for my posting regarding MPC.

robr
07-25-2004, 12:02 AM
thanks for the hints. i think i may have had the wrong version of vserver. i found another version attached to an older thread in this newsgroup and ran that. it now sort of works.

when i click VIEW under the now playing menu, it takes 1-2 minutes for the stream to begin after windows media player opens. then it just plays about 1 second of video, pauses then jumps ahead several seconds into the program, shows another second, etc. it looks like what you would see with low bandwidth, but i should be fine there.

DPlatt
07-25-2004, 09:21 AM
when i click VIEW under the now playing menu, it takes 1-2 minutes for the stream to begin after windows media player opens. then it just plays about 1 second of video, pauses then jumps ahead several seconds into the program, shows another second, etc. it looks like what you would see with low bandwidth, but i should be fine there.

How's your TiVo connected to your network? Wired or wireless? And, if wireless, is it B or G?

robr
07-25-2004, 09:42 AM
it's wired with a usb 2.0 netgear FA-120. i think i AM having bandwidth problems for some reason. tytools is extracting at only 0.05 meg/sec. i'm not sure why this is, the hub is 100mbit, the NIC on my pc is 100mbit.

andrel
07-25-2004, 06:21 PM
"i found another version attached to an older thread in this newsgroup and ran that."

What version are you using? I have the same problem as you had before (WPM just closing while trying to stream from Tivo, but working fine with a local file)

André

robr
07-25-2004, 06:42 PM
turned out to be an issue with my linksys dsl router/hub. i moved the tivo to another port and i'm good now. thanks!