PDA

View Full Version : Lets Start #tivohack IRC

ird2
08-30-2001, 11:35 AM
The subject says it all. I propose #tivohack on DALNET.

It would be a channel dedicated to the exchange of all the information we have on Tivo Hacking. (Guide Data, Slice File Creation, Service State, etc......) No censorship.

Who needs #tivo anyway??????

Lets meet there tonite at 10pm.

-IRD2

CyberDude
08-30-2001, 03:50 PM
DalNet, YECH! I refuse to fight to find a nick I can use to get on that network.. :-(

If anyone cares to get on Undernet and chat, I'll be more than happy to pop in. I am CyberDude there as well.. :-)

-Howard

Proud owner of a 116hr DirecTiVo..

Lure
08-30-2001, 05:13 PM
lets keep the conversation going right here: I kind of like to read what others think, You need to be on IRC all the time to enjoy info...and I'm in a different timezone...No this place is far better.

ever tryed to get old info on irc? or info at all when you are the only one online?...here you can get all old msg or sort them on author , subject or....

Nah, I stay here: sorry.

CyberDude
08-30-2001, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Lure
lets keep the conversation going right here: I kind of like to read what others think, You need to be on IRC all the time to enjoy info...and I'm in a different timezone...No this place is far better.

ever tryed to get old info on irc? or info at all when you are the only one online?...here you can get all old msg or sort them on author , subject or....

Nah, I stay here: sorry.

To some extent I think your missing the point. For some things I agree a message board is the best, heck why it's here. Still if your activly playing with something, or just want to shoot the shit and see what comes up, interactive chat is great.

So bottom line, both have a time and place.. :)

-Howard

ird2
08-30-2001, 06:06 PM
I only proposed DALNET because I already have a nick on there. I don't mind which IRC server we use as long as we get it going.

As for fear of losing important information to IRC, I feel that if a development is important enough, it will get posted to the message board also.

However, IRC is great for popping idea's out there and getting instant feedback. It is too frustrating to watch an active thread on Guide Data suddenly stop all of the sudden for weeks.

IRC will solve this problem and allow us to interact in real-time group thought. This will truly allow for the freeflow of thought and information and lead to more developments and ideas.

So pick a server, give me a time, and I'll be there. Hope the others can join us.

IRD2

Fugg
08-30-2001, 08:47 PM
well, if you see a "fugg" on dalnet, it ain't me!

Lure
08-31-2001, 03:45 AM
Ok lets give it a shot: post a channel, make sure we keep with the subject. :D :D

milhouse
08-31-2001, 01:42 PM
How about wolfpack or canucknet? They are both fairly hacher oriented.

Milhouse

CyberDude
09-06-2001, 06:02 PM
FYI, if not mentioned elsewhere, #TiVo now exists on Undernet IRC for any that care to come and join the fun.. :)

Just connect to US.UNDERNET.ORG if your here in the USA, or EU.UNDERNET.ORG if your in the UK. Look forward to catching some of you online..