PDA

View Full Version : Sonic RecordNow DX - problem with DVD burned by...

cwhogan
08-04-2004, 10:47 AM
Does anyone have experience using this particular program to burn Tivo shows to DVD? I'm a newbie at this, but after reading the documentation for the TyTool I was able to edit and burn a DVD. Although the files run great on my computer, they are a little choppy on the DVD player.

The DVD player frequently freezes the frames or shows blocks as it paints and the audio makes chirps and cuts out here and there. It acts alot like my digital cable does when the signal is poor.

I assume it has something to do with the way I burned the DVD. Goes anyone else use the same software as me?

Sonic RecordNow DX v4.6

Thanks

oviTyonS
08-05-2004, 12:13 PM
I use Veritas Record Now DX 4.6, I think it is the same thing. It works fine for me. It is the only program I have used to burn the DVD's I make with Tytools, they play great on my DVD players.

The problem might be with the DVD player especially if your files are from a Directivo, they are a non-standard resolution that not all DVD players will play correctly

Kevin

cwhogan
08-10-2004, 08:27 AM
Which option do you use (DVD type) when burning? I think mine was set to simply store the files to DVD, not make a Video DVD or anything... And the ISO option (like for Nero) wasn't available.

Do you know what specific audio or video settings you used in TyTools?

An odd thing, I have a cheap portable DVD player that doesn't like the menus (always jumps to first show listed) but plays without skips...

Oh, and my Tivo is an SA2.

eastwind
08-11-2004, 07:07 PM
I also use RecordNow and don't have problems. I use the Data Disc method and just Add my AUDIO_TS AND VIDEO_TS directories. I have a SAS1 modified to record at DVD specific resolutions. Have you modified your SA2? If so you should probably test the DVD in some store somewhere to find a player that likes the files better.

ew