PDA

View Full Version : Making a IFO with no menus using tytools

beanpoppa
08-05-2004, 11:37 AM
Is there anyway to make an IFO set with tytools that doesn't have a menu?

Specifically, so that when making a compilation of kids shows to play in the car, I don't want to have to reach back and choose the next episode of the Wiggles every 20 minutes because it went back to the menu. The kludgy way I've been doing it with my ReplayTV created mpg's is to make a DVD folder using Sonic MyDVD, and then reauthoring the DVD folder using DVD Shrink, which strips out the menu that MyDVD created. I can use DVDShrink on the TyTools IFO folders as well, but was wondering if there's a way to have TyTools not do a menu, and play all titles sequentially.

Thanks!

bato
08-05-2004, 12:10 PM
What I do for kids DVD's for the car is:

- create all VOBs
- select only one VOB and attach the rest with chapters at 99min (so I can select next chapter and the next episode will show)
- This will end with a menu with only 1 selection (so you only have to press play once)

if you want to remove the menu completly, then you can use pgcedit to change the commands in the IFO to not point to the VMG menu and go directly to VTS title 1. If you use pgcedit you can change the last command also to stop the DVD player or start again (loop).

beanpoppa
08-10-2004, 08:49 AM
What I do for kids DVD's for the car is:

- create all VOBs
- select only one VOB and attach the rest with chapters at 99min (so I can select next chapter and the next episode will show)
- This will end with a menu with only 1 selection (so you only have to press play once)

if you want to remove the menu completly, then you can use pgcedit to change the commands in the IFO to not point to the VMG menu and go directly to VTS title 1. If you use pgcedit you can change the last command also to stop the DVD player or start again (loop).

Thanks for the info. You just opened another can of worms! Now I will have much fun figuring out pcg and ifoedit! Still may be easier to run the IFO folders through DVDShrink, since that will also burn them to DVD in the process.

lgkahn
08-10-2004, 01:10 PM
I put a background image and one menu item but just put blank spaces in for the menu text... therefore there is just a picture on the screen which doesn't look like a menu and you just hit play to start playing the dvd

hope this helps

eastwind
08-11-2004, 07:14 PM
Is there anyway to make an IFO set with tytools that doesn't have a menu?

Specifically, so that when making a compilation of kids shows to play in the car, I don't want to have to reach back and choose the next episode of the Wiggles every 20 minutes because it went back to the menu. The kludgy way I've been doing it with my ReplayTV created mpg's is to make a DVD folder using Sonic MyDVD, and then reauthoring the DVD folder using DVD Shrink, which strips out the menu that MyDVD created. I can use DVDShrink on the TyTools IFO folders as well, but was wondering if there's a way to have TyTools not do a menu, and play all titles sequentially.

Thanks!

Asked and answered! (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=106100&highlight=heist.ty.vob#post106100) :) This will get all the VOBs in the same Titleset. Then you set it to Autoplay (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=173470&postcount=47) and you're all set!

ew

FWIW, the reason for the highlighting of heist.ty.vob is just the way I find my way back to that post when I need it :) :) :)