PDA

View Full Version : A little help Please

barrygordon
08-07-2004, 06:48 PM
I have a DSR6000 with software 3.1.0c2. It has a 120G HD. It has a turbonet installed. I am familiar with PC's and have one with an empty secondary IDE cable. I have played with TiVo hacking a couple of years ago. I am old and the memory is weak.

I want to hack the Tivo so i can use Telnet over Ethernet. Ethernet is working since that is how it makes its calls.

What is the simplest way to just hack the Tivo so I can do Telnet over the LAN getting to a bash prompt? Naturally It has to be a lasting change that would not be destroyed by updates. Do I need to reflash the Prom? I have all of the tools from a few years ago.

I have no issue pulling the HD and modifying it. Just need a little help

TIA Barry

rfc
08-10-2004, 08:26 PM
I have a DSR6000 with software 3.1.0c2. It has a 120G HD. It has a turbonet installed. I am familiar with PC's and have one with an empty secondary IDE cable. I have played with TiVo hacking a couple of years ago. I am old and the memory is weak.

I want to hack the Tivo so i can use Telnet over Ethernet. Ethernet is working since that is how it makes its calls.

What is the simplest way to just hack the Tivo so I can do Telnet over the LAN getting to a bash prompt? Naturally It has to be a lasting change that would not be destroyed by updates. Do I need to reflash the Prom? I have all of the tools from a few years ago.

I have no issue pulling the HD and modifying it. Just need a little help

TIA Barry

The best thing you could do in your circumstance is to get Steve Jenkin's How-to Guide. If you previously flashed the prom you wont have to do that again. The Guide will take you through the process step by step. It's not too hard to follow. :)