PDA

View Full Version : UK problems solved!

AndrewDucker
08-08-2004, 08:27 AM
Having done some reading around and some checking of information on the DVD that Tytools created, I realised the problem was that it was in 352x576. My DVD player didn't like this, refused to believe it was PAL and was playing it as NTSC (I think - at least it looked the same as NTSC recordings do on my TV - fuzzy and grey-scale).

I used tmpgenc to convert the DVD to 720x576 and re-recorded the DVD using authoring software - and it worked a treat!

So if anyone else is having similar problems - give this a go.

sanderton
08-08-2004, 08:35 AM
Having done some reading around and some checking of information on the DVD that Tytools created, I realised the problem was that it was in 352x576. My DVD player didn't like this, refused to believe it was PAL and was playing it as NTSC (I think - at least it looked the same as NTSC recordings do on my TV - fuzzy and grey-scale).

I used tmpgenc to convert the DVD to 720x576 and re-recorded the DVD using authoring software - and it worked a treat!

So if anyone else is having similar problems - give this a go.

You can also try recording in a resolution your DVD player can recognise; Resolution 0 is DVD standard.

burriko
08-09-2004, 04:51 PM
352x576 is also dvd standard, and should play fine in any pal dvd player. are you sure it's not 480x576 or whatever resolution best quality is, something like 532x576 i think.
but you should just switch your tivo to mode 0 like sanderton suggested, it makes the whole process a lot easier.

AndrewDucker
08-17-2004, 06:35 PM
You can also try recording in a resolution your DVD player can recognise; Resolution 0 is DVD standard.

How do I do this? I have a UK Tivo - is there anything I need to set specially?

I followed some advice I found and set
5960000 for DBSMediumMAXBitrate and DBSMediumVBRBitrate and DBSMediumResolution to 0.

But it still comes out as 325 x 576. Oh, and my recordings are now such high quality I can't fit nearly as many on a DVD - how can I find out the original settings for the max and DVR Bitrates?