PDA

View Full Version : Less than basic quality recordings

evanbowl
08-13-2004, 06:34 PM
Is there a way to record a show in much less than basic quality? I am thinking about 4Mb for a 30 minute show (about 1/100th of basic quality). I would not expect much in the way of quality, but if that could be done I'd have a real option for viewing my TiVo streams in real-time over a WAN.

Thanks!

malfunct
08-13-2004, 07:20 PM
Is there a way to record a show in much less than basic quality? I am thinking about 4Mb for a 30 minute show (about 1/100th of basic quality). I would not expect much in the way of quality, but if that could be done I'd have a real option for viewing my TiVo streams in real-time over a WAN.

Thanks!

Or you could use the utiltity that takes a stream from the tivo and re-encodes it in real time to something more WAN worthy and then streams it out to ya.

eastwind
08-14-2004, 12:07 PM

Thanks!
There is a way to change the bitrate, but there is a bottom limit that I don't remember. You could search for it or try trial and guess. Easy way to change it is to use TiVoWeb or TWP and change the appropriate resource.

ew

lart2150
08-14-2004, 12:42 PM
you can't get 30 min of audio in to 4MB. you might be able to pull of 40MB for a 30 min show with divx/xvid/wmv. mpeg-2 does not do good at all with low bitrate.