PDA

View Full Version : Directv AND Dishnet using a Series 2?

Titan
08-15-2004, 08:30 PM
Hi. Is it possible to use a standalone Tivo with both Directv and Dishnetwork at the same time? Will it get the guide for both services? Thanks for any info.

THREAD CLOSED
08-15-2004, 09:22 PM
Hi. Is it possible to use a standalone Tivo with both Directv and Dishnetwork at the same time? Will it get the guide for both services? Thanks for any info.

Dear sir,

Quit stealing service!! If you want to switch to Dish Network call 1-800-333-DISH to subscribe.

P.S. That's a silly question.

Regards,

Titan
08-15-2004, 10:54 PM
Thread Closed, you are so mentally challenged it is offensive. The name Brain Closed fits you much better. I asked a pretty straight and legit question so if you can not provide a straight answer stay away from this forum. I am not stealing anything. I am a subscriber of both Directv and Dishnetwork. I subscribe to Dishnetwork because of the international channels which I need for work, and I subscribe to Directv in order to be able to watch the YES Network (not carried by Dishnetwork). I am looking to buy a standalone Tivo in order to be able to record shows, and am simply asking if I can connect both my Directv and Dishnetwork receivers to it at the same time.

Can somebody else with a little more brainpower answer this simple question?

Thanks.

THREAD CLOSED
08-15-2004, 11:09 PM
Thread Closed, you are so mentally challenged it is offensive. The name Brain Closed fits you much better. I asked a pretty straight and legit question so if you can not provide a straight answer stay away from this forum. I am not stealing anything. I am a subscriber of both Directv and Dishnetwork. I subscribe to Dishnetwork because of the international channels which I need for work, and I subscribe to Directv in order to be able to watch the YES Network (not carried by Dishnetwork). I am looking to buy a standalone Tivo in order to be able to record shows, and am simply asking if I can connect both my Directv and Dishnetwork receivers to it at the same time.

Can somebody else with a little more brainpower answer this simple question?

Thanks.

Dear sir,

Once a thief, always a thief! (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26144)

P.S. It's still a silly question. :D

Regards,

alldeadhomiez
08-15-2004, 11:25 PM
"Dear sirs"

Moved to Sewer.

Titan: what you're suggesting is possible but it's probably more trouble than it's worth. If you can afford two concurrent DBS subs, buy a second TiVo for $79-89 and use MRV or mfs_ftp.

eastwind
08-16-2004, 05:23 AM
Did you already call TiVo Customer Support? They should be able to tell you if it is possible.

ew

captain_video
08-16-2004, 08:39 AM
It looks like you only have the option to select a single satellite provider in addition to either an RF input source (antenna or direct cable) or cable box. From what I remember about setting up SA Tivos, you could only select one source for each type of input (line inputs using either composite video or S-video) or RF input. I don't believe you have the option of selecting a satellite provider with the RF input, not that you'd want to anyway. Your best bet would be to use the SA Tivo for Dish and get a DTivo for DirecTV. They're only $79 at any Best Buy and will yield better recordings than the SA Tivo. There's a $4.99 mirroring fee for the receiver and another $4.99 fee for the DVR service. A 2nd SA Tivo will cost you $6.99 per month if you are already paying for the Tivo service on your 1st SA Tivo.

AVD
08-16-2004, 06:01 PM
Ummm... without second guessing the moderators, can one ask what is so offensive about this thread that causes it to go into the sewer?

This would be a real challenge to try to get somthing like this working.... with fully subbed tivos of course..

captain_video
08-16-2004, 07:09 PM
The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th posts pretty much qualify as sewer material, wouldn't you say? It's pretty much the same M.O. that David Bought used when he was still here (under the DB monniker, anyway). He'd throw out some sort of lame insult just to rile someone up and the poor sucker took the bait and whammo - instant sewer material! Of course, nobody will say one way or another who DB may have emerged as so it's anybody's guess. You'd think people would have learned by now just to ignore the sad attempts at starting up a flame war. It's like being back in kindergarten all over again. :rolleyes:

alldeadhomiez
08-16-2004, 08:02 PM
Ummm... without second guessing the moderators, can one ask what is so offensive about this thread that causes it to go into the sewer?

This would be a real challenge to try to get somthing like this working.... with fully subbed tivos of course..

We're up to 10 posts with zero content in them. It looks like this thread's only purpose in life is to serve as a reminder not to feed the trolls.

AVD
08-16-2004, 08:23 PM
Lets start this way:

What is the benefit of having two dush services at the same time, one or two diifferent channels?