PDA

View Full Version : Ty has audio VOB does not, WTF?

erikk
08-25-2004, 09:17 PM
OK so I've been archiving a bunch of stuff off my Sony SVR-2000 TiVo S1 SA with no problems and I've run into something I can't figure out. I have one Ty file that has audio in windows media player (tyshow beta codec) but no video and has video but no audio in the VOB. I've seen the tyshow codec really act flukey before so I'm not sure if the Ty file has video and its just the beta codec. And on the TiVo of course it plays fine. I'm using Nero showtime to play the VOB.

I'm using tytools 9r17, audio transcoding #7 with patch audio holes, choosing VOB-MUX (New Format) 1. I don't see any errors in tytools when I do any particular step.

Does anyone know what caused this? Is the Ty file just corrupt and I'm out of luck? Should I try re-downloading it? I already tried re-VOB-MUXing it and that didn't help. I'm now going to try VOB-MUXing with #5 (doesn't work on my DVD player so I don't normally use it). OK #5 didn't help either.

erikk
08-25-2004, 09:24 PM
I forgot to mention that one weird thing I noticed was that when editing the key file there was like half the viewing screen grayed out when I first opened it. Then when I stepped forward the grey disappeared (so far nothing weird) but then when I tried to step backward the grey wouldn't come back, the Curr counter would only go back to 00:00:01:414 and if I kept hitting back it would alternate between 2 frames every click even though the Curr counter would still stay at 00:00:01:414.

erikk
08-26-2004, 04:35 PM
No one has any idea? Is this a newbie question and everyone wants me to figure it out on my own? If so, I have spent a long time searching for a similar problem and either I'm a search ***** or it isn't easy to find.

eastwind
08-27-2004, 01:38 AM
OK so I've been archiving a bunch of stuff off my Sony SVR-2000 TiVo S1 SA with no problems and I've run into something I can't figure out. I have one Ty file that has audio in windows media player (tyshow beta codec) but no video and has video but no audio in the VOB. I've seen the tyshow codec really act flukey before so I'm not sure if the Ty file has video and its just the beta codec. And on the TiVo of course it plays fine. I'm using Nero showtime to play the VOB.

I'm using tytools 9r17, audio transcoding #7 with patch audio holes, choosing VOB-MUX (New Format) 1. I don't see any errors in tytools when I do any particular step.

Does anyone know what caused this? Is the Ty file just corrupt and I'm out of luck? Should I try re-downloading it? I already tried re-VOB-MUXing it and that didn't help. I'm now going to try VOB-MUXing with #5 (doesn't work on my DVD player so I don't normally use it). OK #5 didn't help either.Yes, you should try re-extracting. It is possible that the TY file is corrupt. You could try an initial jump of 5-100 chunks in case the beginning is what is messing it up. Also, you can try VOB-MUXing with the old format. And you can try Transcoding Option #8. Or try No transcoding and see how it will play on your Software DVD Player (I like PowerDVD) just for a baseline to see if the audio can be extracted at all.

ew

erikk
08-27-2004, 02:02 AM
Thanks for the input, I'll try re-extracting and then also using the other VOB-MUX.

When you say "You could try an initial jump of 5-100 chunks in case the beginning is what is messing it up." are you talking about cutting in the edit key file step? Or are you talking about using a native chunk editor? Because I did cut the first part of the file (it wasn't part of the program anyway) with the tytool editor.

pwthoma
08-29-2004, 08:26 PM
I'm curious as to how to skip the initial chunks as well.

eastwind
08-29-2004, 08:28 PM
Options..Set Initial Jump

ew

SR712
08-29-2004, 08:29 PM
I believe he is talking about the |Options|Set Initial Jump| setting in the TyTools menu.

erikk
08-29-2004, 09:26 PM
When is that jump used? When you start to edit the key file? When it is extracted? etc?

pwthoma
08-29-2004, 10:24 PM
Seems to have worked for me.

Using the oroginal ty file on my pc

Open TyTools
Optoins > Set Inital Jump to your needs
File > Make Key File
File > Edit Key File

That used to crash on me but now it works fine!