PDA

View Full Version : dvdAuthor, IfoEdit, Expert Needed

tweaky
08-28-2004, 01:19 PM
I and others have attempted to use DVD author to have multiple VTS files (created from Tytool) go from one to the next. dvdauthor is supposed to support this with:
-i post = vtsm2
-i post = vtsm3
(I've also tried vtsm_02_1, vtsm[2][.1], vtsm[2], and all other combinations)

But all it does is loop back on itself (same VTS). Does anyone know how to use ifoedit or make dvdauthor work to accomplish this simple task?

Thanks in advance.

tweaky
08-28-2004, 07:10 PM
I did more research, and found that IFO edit is the perfect tool for this. Use Jdiner's Tytool to make the DVD. Then get IfoEdit, and run it.

1. Open the first .Ifo file (VTS_01_0.IFO)
2. Click on VTS_PGCITI and Expand it.
3. Click on VTS_PGC_1
4. Scroll down untill you see "PGC Command Table" and look for "POST COMMAND"
5. Right Click on Post Command and pick "Edit Command"
6. Change Command to "(Jump_TT)Jump to Title" and select the next title you want it to go to.
7. Click "OK" and then "Save" and answer "Yes" on the .bup file.

This has been tested and works on my Apex Player, and should work on all others. Also, you can insert PRE commands and POST commands to do other cool things

I hope this helps other people out.

rung
08-30-2004, 03:50 AM
This has been tested and works on my Apex Player, and should work on all others. Also, you can insert PRE commands and POST commands to do other cool things

I'll have to try it out. Actually, that particular command in that location is not supposed to be allowed by the DVD spec so O(thers)MMV . You normally have to jump back to the Video Manager domain to jump to another title. But that's pretty easy to do - just need to add an Video Manger LU for each VTS and use the post-command CALLSS VMM PGC to get to it. At that LU you add the jump title pre-command that you used.

tweaky
08-30-2004, 08:27 PM
I'll have to try it out. Actually, that particular command in that location is not supposed to be allowed by the DVD spec so O(thers)MMV . You normally have to jump back to the Video Manager domain to jump to another title. But that's pretty easy to do - just need to add an Video Manger LU for each VTS and use the post-command CALLSS VMM PGC to get to it. At that LU you add the jump title pre-command that you used.
Would you mind giving a step-by-step on how to do it the "DVD spec" way?

rung
08-30-2004, 09:48 PM
Would you mind giving a step-by-step on how to do it the "DVD spec" way?

Sure, it's real easy. You can do this with pcgedit that FredThomson pointed me to here (http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174272&postcount=48) .

<File><Open the DVD>
Select the VMGM (not the VMG). <Utilities> <New PGC> <Yes>
Note the number (e.g. "4") and repeat the new PGC command for your number of VTS's you have.
Now you have a set new pgc's, one for each VTS.
Select the first one you added (e.g. "4") and double click on the NOP precommand in the main window.
Change the NOP to a JUMPTT and have it jump to title 2.
Continue changing the other new LU's the same way. The last new pgc will jump to title 1 to loop back.
Now click on your first VTST and add a (or edit the first) post command. The post command you want is CALLSS VMGM pgc. THe first title gets the first new pgc you added (e.g. "4") resume cell 1.
Continue the same way for all your titles (incrementing the pgc number each time),
<File><Save DVD>

I'm doing this mostly from memory so let me know if you have any trouble.

Regards,
Rung

EdgarT
09-06-2004, 11:22 PM
Sure, it's real easy. You can do this with pcgedit that FredThomson pointed me to here (http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174272&postcount=48) .

<File><Open the DVD>
Select the VMGM (not the VMG). <Utilities> <New PGC> <Yes>
Note the number (e.g. "4") and repeat the new PGC command for your number of VTS's you have.
Now you have a set new pgc's, one for each VTS.
Select the first one you added (e.g. "4") and double click on the NOP precommand in the main window.
Change the NOP to a JUMPTT and have it jump to title 2.
Continue changing the other new LU's the same way. The last new pgc will jump to title 1 to loop back.
Now click on your first VTST and add a (or edit the first) post command. The post command you want is CALLSS VMGM pgc. THe first title gets the first new pgc you added (e.g. "4") resume cell 1.
Continue the same way for all your titles (incrementing the pgc number each time),
<File><Save DVD>

I'm doing this mostly from memory so let me know if you have any trouble.

Regards,
Rung

I tried your instructions and after a little trial and error I made a disk that on my computer, once a episode was selected, it played the later episodes in a chain like fashion.

Unfortunately, My DVD player will not play the disk at all. It does not find the Title Menu and just seems lost. Any idea why this would work on my PC, but not the DVD player? The menu's generated by tytools seem to work fine.

Doug

rung
09-07-2004, 04:30 AM
I tried your instructions and after a little trial and error I made a disk that on my computer, once a episode was selected, it played the later episodes in a chain like fashion.

Unfortunately, My DVD player will not play the disk at all. It does not find the Title Menu and just seems lost. Any idea why this would work on my PC, but not the DVD player? The menu's generated by tytools seem to work fine.

Doug

I noticed that my media player will behave that way no mater what. You can prove that you are controlling the behaviour by having the episodes play in a non-sequential manner, or having it loop back to the beginning.

If you get stuck, you could post your ifo's (before and after) and maybe someone could see what the issue is.

toddcurry
03-29-2005, 01:11 PM
Rung (or other experts here)

I'm wondering: how would you change that to be able to start from any episode on the menu, and continue from that point?

This sleep-deprived father is trying to burn some "Dora the Explorer" episodes onto a DVD before a road trip with the little ones... Certain episodes take on "favorite" status and become the first-demanded...

Extra credit: how would you make the DVD start with 1 episode and shuffle through the rest from there? Now that PGC Edit has shuffle play support, I'm curious, but so doggone new to this that I can't figure it out.

Much obliged,

TC

Additional Note: when I look at the VMGM in PCGEdit, I see two entries -- a dummy and then one with lots of goto commands. That has me a little confused...

rung
03-29-2005, 04:03 PM
Rung (or other experts here)

I'm wondering: how would you change that to be able to start from any episode on the menu, and continue from that point?

This sleep-deprived father is trying to burn some "Dora the Explorer" episodes onto a DVD before a road trip with the little ones... Certain episodes take on "favorite" status and become the first-demanded...

Extra credit: how would you make the DVD start with 1 episode and shuffle through the rest from there? Now that PGC Edit has shuffle play support, I'm curious, but so doggone new to this that I can't figure it out.

Much obliged,

TC

Additional Note: when I look at the VMGM in PCGEdit, I see two entries -- a dummy and then one with lots of goto commands. That has me a little confused...

I've never tried shuffle, but to start in the middle and sequentially play each episode (with continuous loop from the last episode to the first) is easy. Just set up the DVD as we discussed in this thread and then change the first play title to the "favorite" one.

Regards,
Rung

tweaky
03-29-2005, 05:26 PM
Another option is to put the "favorite status" all in a group together at the beginning with each vob being its own chapter. If they scream for a certain show, hit 1 on the remote, and then the chapter forward to get to the show that they want. Keep a sticky note with the episode chapters handy and jump right to them.

from one dad to another, good luck.