PDA

View Full Version : Need Nero Help

ddcrawford_tx
08-28-2004, 01:30 PM
I must be missing something simple! I have searched the posts and cannot find a answer.

Here is what I have done:

1. Use tytools to create the files and menu for a dvd...no problem here.
2. Open Nero Express 6 and select the DVD-Video Files selection.
3. Add the items from the Video-TS folder that tytools created.
4. In the next screen I select my DVD drive and type in a disc name and this is where I get stuck. The "Burn" icon is grayed out so I can't go on. I have looked thru other menus and I can find nothing to try. What am I doing wrong??

I need to add that I have just added this drive to my machine and have never burned a dvd. I did burn a CD just fine so I would think that the correct drivers are installed on my machine.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated!

tweaky
08-28-2004, 02:07 PM
Don't use Nero Express, use Nero. Choose File->New and pick DVD-ROM(UDF/ISO). On the UDF tab, check "Force X-Box Compatability". Then click New. Drag over the two folders (AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS) that tytool created for you (It will pop up a warning, just ignore it and hit ok). Then burn the DVD.

ddcrawford_tx
08-28-2004, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. What I have installed is Nero OEM Suite that came with my drive. I only see Nero SmartStart and Nero Express available as options. Do I need a different version of Nero?

tweaky
08-28-2004, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. What I have installed is Nero OEM Suite that came with my drive. I only see Nero SmartStart and Nero Express available as options. Do I need a different version of Nero?
On the bottom of Nero Express there is a button marked "NERO". Push that to get to regular NERO.

Porterx
08-28-2004, 04:18 PM
I must be missing something simple! I have searched the posts and cannot find a answer.

Here is what I have done:

1. Use tytools to create the files and menu for a dvd...no problem here.
2. Open Nero Express 6 and select the DVD-Video Files selection.
3. Add the items from the Video-TS folder that tytools created.
4. In the next screen I select my DVD drive and type in a disc name and this is where I get stuck. The "Burn" icon is grayed out so I can't go on. I have looked thru other menus and I can find nothing to try. What am I doing wrong??

I need to add that I have just added this drive to my machine and have never burned a dvd. I did burn a CD just fine so I would think that the correct drivers are installed on my machine.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated!

One thing that I've found that's changed in Nero Express 6 is that, after selecting DVD-Video files, you must open the red video_ts folder (double-click it) before pressing add. Then go into the video_ts folder that contains your files, select all (click on the top file, go to the bottom of the file list and click the last file while holding down the shift key-all of the files will be highlighted) and press add. You should be good to go then. This is what I do and I have no problems. Hope this helps.

Also, this persons version of Nero Express doesn't have the full Nero burning rom. When the Nero button is pressd at the bottom, you just get the about Nero screen.

Porter

ddcrawford_tx
08-29-2004, 12:46 AM
My problem was the OEM version. I went to the Nero website and purchased an online upgrade to Nero 6 Ultra Edition and my problem went away. I burned my first DVD and it works like a champ. Thanks for the help!