PDA

View Full Version : GopEditor Crashes On Me (this is new)

pwthoma
08-29-2004, 12:53 AM
I've been using this for quite some time with great results. Now, on certain tystreams GopEditor is crashing on me upon file opening.

Here are the steps that I'm going through.

1. Use TyTool9r17 to extract tystream to pc (tried TyTool8r3 as well)
2. File >> Make Key File
3. File >> Edit KeyFile

GopEditor opens and reads in the keyfile. This takes a minute as the key(s) that I'm having problems with are quite large. All 3 keys are around 900Mb (tystream are about 10Gb). Next thing that happens is GopEditor crashes.

I'm running WinXP with NTFS formatted drives. I've been looking for problems and I've seen refrences to TyFileSplit because rumors say GopEditor has issues with big files. I don't know what my starting chuck should be or the number of chuncks should be.

All I'm wanting to do here is cut out the commericals...nothing fancy at all.

Any help would be appreciated as my research here ins't finding results and my TiVo (and PC) overrunnet with Olympics waiting to be slapped onto a DVD

pwthoma
08-29-2004, 12:59 AM
Also, my Tivo is a series 1 SA.

pwthoma
08-29-2004, 01:30 AM
I used Vob Mux (New Format) for kicks and I was able to get a working vob file with perfect audio sync. It seems that the first 10-15 seconds of video is shot (very wierd pixelation).

Is there a way that I can blindly cut out the first 5 minutes or so from the tystream?

pwthoma
08-29-2004, 10:25 PM
Got it fixored...here's the goods

Using the oroginal ty file on my pc

Open TyTools
Optoins > Set Inital Jump to your needs
File > Make Key File
File > Edit Key File

That used to crash on me but now it works fine!