PDA

View Full Version : Strange Video Problem

kearney
09-05-2004, 01:18 AM
Hi

I have just loaded TyTools and run a small test. I extracted a 30 minute program, converted it using TyTools and then burned a DVD. The DVD plays 100% perfectly on my PC & my laptop. When I run it using a Toshiba SD6200 DVD player, the TV displays the the correct picture except the first 1/3 of the screen is replicated at the right of the screen.

I have played with the DVD output options, but nothing seems to help.

I wonder if this has anything to do with recording at the "highest quality" in the Tivo.

Any guidance / suggestions would be greatfully appreciated.

..LK

bato
09-05-2004, 10:49 AM
I think you have a Stand Alone tivo and you didn't change the recording resolution, so most likely your DVD player can't handle the non-DVD resolution the tivo records by default. Search for 544x480 to change the recording resolution for future shows. You can also consider buying another DVD player, there are some cheap ones that can handle non-DVD resolutions without problems.

kearney
09-05-2004, 03:01 PM
Hi Bato

You are quite right. My DVD player didn't like the 480x480 format. I have since read a number of threads about format / resolution etce etc since last night. There is a wealth of info available. I was able to find out how to mod my TiVo so it creates DVD compatible video.

Thanks for the help!

Regards

..L