PDA

View Full Version : Please help me catch up on extraction

uktivo
09-07-2004, 04:33 PM
Hi guys

I have had my tivo in a box for 6months+. I used to use Toddler's (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=107940&postcount=1) method to extract, convert and burn. This worked perfectly, but after a sever PC crash I have lost my old tytool files. I have redownloaded all the files from the 'Where are the files' thread. I am falling down at the Vsplit part. Vsplit.exe seems to be missing. Could someone please explain why this is no longer shipped with tytool. Is there now an alternative.

Toddler, if you are reading this.... What is your new genius method?? :confused:

captain_video
09-07-2004, 07:31 PM
Check out the latest TyTools thread in the extraction forum. The vsplit.exe portion of TyTools was just recently updated as it had not been updated for quite some time. It appears that the links in the "Where are the files" thread are seriously outdated and haven't been kept current.

Toddler
09-09-2004, 02:12 AM
VSplit was updated recently, and as Captain said, it's available in the latest TyTool. But using VSplit or TyTool doesn't make any technical difference in the output, it's just a matter of preference.

I still use basically the same old method as before.

1. Download Ty files
2. Convert to MPEG2 with "patch Audio Holes" selected (no audio transcoding)
3. Edit in MPEG2VCR (transcode audio on "save")
4. Burn with ULead DVD MovieFactory 3

I personally do the transcoding in MPEG2VCR because I hear artifacts doing it in TyTool/VSplit (which is not Josh's fault, by the way...he uses another programmer's code to process the audio). If you don't hear the difference, just transcode with TyTool.

uktivo
09-09-2004, 05:03 AM
VSplit was updated recently, and as Captain said, it's available in the latest TyTool. But using VSplit or TyTool doesn't make any technical difference in the output, it's just a matter of preference.

I still use basically the same old method as before.

1. Download Ty files
2. Convert to MPEG2 with "patch Audio Holes" selected (no audio transcoding)
3. Edit in MPEG2VCR (transcode audio on "save")
4. Burn with ULead DVD MovieFactory 3

I personally do the transcoding in MPEG2VCR because I hear artifacts doing it in TyTool/VSplit (which is not Josh's fault, by the way...he uses another programmer's code to process the audio). If you don't hear the difference, just transcode with TyTool.

Thanks for replying toddler... when you say convert to mpeg2 ? how are you doing this? using the batch file and vsplit? Are there any changes to the batch file in the previous thread (seeing as vsplit has been updated)? and what do you mean by patch audio holes?

Thanks
:o

Toddler
09-10-2004, 01:15 AM
The thread you linked to in your first post above contains step-by-step instructions, and nothing has changed aside from the filename for VSplit.