PDA

View Full Version : Auto-linked words for TiVo projects?

lenroc
09-07-2004, 11:47 PM
I recently realized that some words (like Amazon and Google, for instance) are automatically linked to their respective websites when a user here just types their names.

I think that is fine and all, but it got me wondering. How about extending it to some other highly relevant projects here?

For example, it might be a timesaver if just typing the word TyShow automatically linked to 27399. Or if TyTools was auto-linked to the most recently released version's thread. (I'll leave it as a decision for the mods whether TivoScripts should auto-link here or here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54)...)

Some of these programs are so frequently discussed that it's _not_ always simple to search for them. For exmaple, searching posts (not threads, which in this case would admittedly be better) for "TyTools" found the first reference to the 9r17 thread in result #19.

The impetus for wondering about this is, of course, lazine^H^H^H^H^H^H efficiency ;)

I don't always (like|want|have time) to look up a relevant thread when I casually mention a project, but it always ends up taking more time if I don't, since there's almost always a followup: "What's TyShow?"

On the other hand, though, maybe this would just make it even less likely that newbs will learn to search....

Opinions, anyone?