PDA

View Full Version : Editing muxed files - best s/w?

mweinmann
09-08-2004, 03:35 PM
Hi all.. Having trouble figuring out what would be the best software to use to have success editing post-muxed streams (.mpg). If anyone could point the way to any software that works well, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Marc

captain_video
09-08-2004, 07:38 PM
If they were muxed from ty files then you can reintroduce them into TyTools by creating a key file and then edit them from there. You can also use MPEG2VCR for good results. TyTools is probably your best, and cheapest, bet because it was designed to work with ty files from the ground up. Anything commercially available for editing mpegs will not work 100% of the time due to the nature and odd format of mpegs created from ty files. MPEG2VCR works most of the time but there will be occasions when you will have audio synch problems that cannot be resolved.

MrMonkeyFingers
09-09-2004, 02:53 AM
Anything commercially available for editing mpegs will not work 100% of the time due to the nature and odd format of mpegs created from ty files. MPEG2VCR works most of the time but there will be occasions when you will have audio synch problems that cannot be resolved.

I noticed this today when I was using DVD Architect to make a DVD... also noticed it in Vegas... very frustrating... the mpegs play fine but once you touch them in any editing program it goes to hell... does anyone know if there is anyway to get the mpegs to be able to burn a DVD with them?

Fugg
09-09-2004, 08:06 AM
Hi all.. Having trouble figuring out what would be the best software to use to have success editing post-muxed streams (.mpg). If anyone could point the way to any software that works well, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Marc
The best that I have found is Tytool.

The latest versions will edit mpeg2 files from most any source.

(It's one hell of a repair tool, too!)
:)

mweinmann
09-09-2004, 12:53 PM
Thanks for your guidance.. I have another question.. I have fired up gopedit and have my cuts set, but how do I update the actual file? I see where you can save the cut list, but I don't see an option to reencode or save the file with the cuts. WHat am I missing?

-- edited

Never mind.. figured it out...

Marc