PDA

View Full Version : dvdauth/mpeg2enc/MuxMenu/Vsplit ALL crash on me???

jonequest
09-08-2004, 07:09 PM
I have just used TyTool to download a few shows to my PC and I was ready to learn the next part, converting the files, but all of the other programs that come with it simply flash a CMD screen for half a second and disappear, "mpeg2enc" stays on but it is a blank screen. I have searched and cannot find anyone else posting this problem, just people with encoding errors and such. The problem is I can't get that far. I have WinXP Pro SP1 BTW, and have refused to download service pack 2 until I hear that it won't much everything up on my box. Any ideas why this happens to me?

psxboy
09-08-2004, 07:37 PM
I have just used TyTool to download a few shows to my PC and I was ready to learn the next part, converting the files, but all of the other programs that come with it simply flash a CMD screen for half a second and disappear, "mpeg2enc" stays on but it is a blank screen.

Those programs are all "support" programs that are used by TyTool. You do all of your converting/muxing/etc from the TyTool GUI itself.

HINT: Look in the 'File' menu.

-psxboy

jonequest
09-09-2004, 12:36 AM
Ahhh... that's makes sense then.

Thanks

jdiner
09-09-2004, 03:09 AM
Sounds like you did not download the cygwin1.dll file that is found in a seperate archive in the same location.

TyTool does not use cygwin nor was it compiled with it. But the other support tools do use it/require it.

If you have the wrong version somewhere else on your system you will see extremely odd behaviour. This subject has been well discussed and a search here on DealDatabase for cygwin1.dll will turn up the appropriate posts.

--jdiner

jonequest
09-09-2004, 10:25 AM
Thanks for answering my thread personally, I found out what I was doing wrong. As a complete newbie I was trying to open the programs seperatly instead of using them in the TyTool interface itself, I downloaded the cygwin file with the tyTools as suggested and put it in the same folder too. I am just stumbling through the process but getting further every day. The latest is that while trying to DVD encode a movie it ran for a while then timed out with only a very small portion of the file saved as a .vob for some reason.

P.S. thanks for a great program!!

jdiner
09-09-2004, 12:58 PM
As a complete newbie I was trying to open the programs seperatly instead of using them in the TyTool interface itself
Ah... Check the faq and the quick start stuff. Read things pretty thoroughly and you have no more problems.

One of the few real sources of trouble left is the small issue in dealing with extracting streams that are scrambled. I had nothing to do with that side of things but if that is part of your current setup then do a search here for unscramble.o and you will find plenty of info about the problem and the proper solution.

--jdiner

jonequest
09-09-2004, 06:47 PM
..... mine should all be unscrambled since I have been running Xtreme25-252 since before my oldest recorded program and it seems that the noscramble was on by default. I tested by downloading my oldest movie and I got all 3.6gb of it...... now to convert it into something I can watch.