PDA

View Full Version : HD-Tivo AC3 Sound Extraction

patriot
09-09-2004, 11:21 AM
Has there been anymore done with the AC3 Dolby extraction in tytools? I have not read anymore about this. I too would like to keep the AC3 for the DVDs. I have used tools like besweet and a few other but they dont seem to like the mpa/m2a files extracted off the HD Tivo if they are not SD Audio. I prefer to do my video/audio editing seperate from tytools so to control the size of the shows to allow more to fit onto 1 dvdr or cdr if I wish to go to SVCD.

Also, for HD Tivo, what rls of tytools should be used now? I see HDTyTool4.zip and TyTool9r17.zip are posted.

patriot

patriot
09-12-2004, 01:10 AM
Well it looks like I found a solution to my problem. I can use Adobe Audition 1.5 and it will let me redo the AC3 sound as long as I re-encode with the option "Audio from Video" this works even though the video has be split and not part of the mpa.

I was hoping there was a way for besweet or one of the other smaller apps would have worked, and not so sure that they wouldent have. but after playing with them for hours/days, this seems to be the best fix.

Now to find a filter to handing the resizing of 1280x1080 to 480x480 letterbox for avisynth going to SVCD.

:D