PDA

View Full Version : "Make IFO" doesn't seem to be working right

TheShanMan
09-25-2004, 07:48 PM
I've gone through all the steps of tytool to build a dvd according to the getting started guide. I get to the Create IFO Files/Dirs stage, fill out all the fields, and start it. It says it succeeded, but there is no .ifo file. Here's exactly what's generated (and nothing in the audio directory - I assume that's a problem!). Hopefully someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks!

VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB
VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_2.VOB
VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_3.VOB
VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_4.VOB
make.bat
menu.bmp
menu.m2v
menu.mpg
menu.yuv
overlay.bmp

captain_video
09-26-2004, 08:54 AM
Go back and read the docs that came with TyTool that explains how to create DVDs with menus and you'll see what you did wrong.

TheShanMan
09-26-2004, 12:30 PM
Actually that didn't help. I read through it carefully and those are the steps I took, yet all I end up with in the VIDEO_TS directory are VOB files.

captain_video
09-26-2004, 06:18 PM
If you're not getting the IFO files then you're not setting your menu items correctly. You're not following the instructions to the letter so go back and read it again.

TheShanMan
09-26-2004, 09:17 PM
I did it again to the letter of the "TyTool-Dvd and Menu.doc" file and same results - only vob files. I appreciate your help but I just don't know where to go from here. I'm trying not to be the stereotypical newbie that wants everyone to hold my hand, but it hasn't gotten me anywhere so far. :( It must be something I'm doing wrong though.

Tymanthius
09-26-2004, 09:23 PM
If you're not getting the IFO files then you're not setting your menu items correctly. You're not following the instructions to the letter so go back and read it again.

You know, I've had the same problem. Doesn't really bother me that much as I don't care much about burning DVD's. And I can do it other ways, although they take longer.

So, maybe instead of saying, twice, rtfm, quote the part you think we're missing.

I don't expect hand holding, but if you say the same thing twice, and we still don't get it, try saying something else. :)

captain_video
09-27-2004, 09:18 AM
Check out this guide and pay particular attention to step 4:

http://themurrays.homeip.net/downloads/tivo/extraction_articles/tivo_dvd.html

You need to select the menu element from the list in the upper right box. Double-click on it and it will appear in the Element Title field. Now select the clip you want associated with that element from the VOB Link list. Rename the element title to correspond to the actual title you want displayed on the menu. Set up the position of element title using the Alignment buttons and change the font size and style to suit your needs.

What you are probably not doing is clicking on the Set Item button after creating the element title and VOB link. If you don't then you won't get a menu and therefore no IFO files. Click on the Preview button to see what your menu will look like. If everything is where you specified then click on the preview menu to make it disappear and repeat the process until you've assigned elements to all VOBs. When the menu is complete and you've previewed it to make sure it's all there, then and only then should you click on the Make IFO button.

Tymanthius
09-27-2004, 11:05 AM
Ok, in my case I was doing that. Didn't the first time or two.

I'd love to troubleshoot this a bit more with you, but like I said, I don't use TyTool for DVD making. But perhaps ShanMan was helped by the direct info. :)

TheShanMan
09-27-2004, 10:19 PM
Well that wasn't the problem for me. I was doing exactly what the dvd guide said to do. However, I got it working. I basically scrapped the whole thing. I deleted my directory contents, extracted my video, and did all of the "pre-dvd" steps over again. This time it worked. I guess something got messed up in those earlier steps, though AFAIK I did the same thing that I did before. :confused:

But the main thing is it's working now. Thanks again for trying to help.