PDA

View Full Version : Why did my thread get deleted?

Zharin
09-27-2004, 01:50 PM
Just curious, I wasn't selling a card or anything, just a modded directivo box on ebay.

captain_video
09-27-2004, 02:05 PM
I didn't see your listing but I'm betting it was deleted because you're selling a hacked DTivo modded with software created by the developers here at this board without their permission. Selling modded DTivos without the permission of the authors is a copyright violation of their software and it doesn't sit too well with certain people here. However, if the unit you are selling was a personal unit that you hacked for your own use and are just selling it due to an upgrade or other reason then there is no copyright issue AFAIK. Just the same, listing a hacked unit here opens up some wounds and some people don't take it lightly.

Zharin
09-27-2004, 02:11 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. It was a personal tivo that I had a lot of fun hacking and modding with the software and help I found here last year. Decided I didn't really need 2 tivos anymore, that's why I was selling. I didn't think of copyright issues, and my apologies if I was out of line.

mrblack51
09-27-2004, 07:17 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. It was a personal tivo that I had a lot of fun hacking and modding with the software and help I found here last year. Decided I didn't really need 2 tivos anymore, that's why I was selling. I didn't think of copyright issues, and my apologies if I was out of line.

your thread was deleted because it was just an ebay link. if people want to buy something on ebay, then there is no real reason to link from here...they can go there directly. as such, your post was deleted.

however, if you sold your unit with mfs_ftp or other hacks on it, you may be violating copyrights.