PDA

View Full Version : Covering up Dishnet service theft (was: Newbie looking to hack TIVO)

dxc
10-01-2004, 01:15 PM
I purchased a philips hdr612 a few years ago along with a lifetime subscription for their service. The tivo has been disconnected for the last 2 years because I'm testing dish TV.

I've got a couple of questions:

1. If I decide to hook my TIVO back up and plu the unit into the phone line - will TIVO contact dish if I request the program guide for ALL the channels?

2. Is there anyway I can hack the TIVO so that I don't need to download the program guide (i.e. not plug it into the wall)

In essence what I am trying to accomplish is to have the full benefits of TIVO but not let TIVO know that I am receiving the dish network.

Thanks all.

eastwind
10-01-2004, 01:37 PM
I purchased a philips hdr612 a few years ago along with a lifetime subscription for their service. The tivo has been disconnected for the last 2 years because I'm testing dish TV.

1. If I decide to hook my TIVO back up and plu the unit into the phone line - will TIVO contact dish if I request the program guide for ALL the channels?

2. Is there anyway I can hack the TIVO so that I don't need to download the program guide (i.e. not plug it into the wall)

In essence what I am trying to accomplish is to have the full benefits of TIVO but not let TIVO know that I am receiving the dish network.

Thanks all.Why? Are you stealing Dish Network?
The full benefits of using the TiVo require having guide data to schedule season passes and for TiVo to suggest programming that it things you might like.

ew

alldeadhomiez
10-01-2004, 02:38 PM

There are several ways TiVo will know you're getting Dish Network programming. They'll even know what programs you're watching, and might get a subpoena for those records if you ever get sued or busted.

It is YOUR job, as somebody who is getting service for free, to understand the system well enough to prevent these information leaks. If you cannot figure it out, you had no business getting free TV in the first place, and deserve to get caught.

dxc
10-01-2004, 04:47 PM
I'm not really sure where you are coming from ... isn't this a forum for newbies? If so .... why the retarded responses? if you're not answering my earlier questions, don't respond you monkey

There are several ways TiVo will know you're getting Dish Network programming. They'll even know what programs you're watching, and might get a subpoena for those records if you ever get sued or busted.

It is YOUR job, as somebody who is getting service for free, to understand the system well enough to prevent these information leaks. If you cannot figure it out, you had no business getting free TV in the first place, and deserve to get caught.

PlainBill
10-01-2004, 05:02 PM
I'm not really sure where you are coming from ... isn't this a forum for newbies? If so .... why the retarded responses? if you're not answering my earlier questions, don't respond you monkey

Ohhh!!! BAD MOVE! VERY BAD MOVE.

It has been covered in many places, including the header of this forum. Discussions of theft of service are NOT allowed. As a user, all I can do is mention this to you. As a moderator, alldeadhomiez has a few more options.

PlainBill

dxc
10-01-2004, 05:04 PM
Plain Bill - Do you think I'm wrong? - I sure as hell don't. Let me restate - THIS IS A NEWBIE FORUM. Alldeadhomiez better watch his step before this mofo caps his asssss

who's got the bling-bling now

holla back yo

dxc -- out

Ohhh!!! BAD MOVE! VERY BAD MOVE.

It has been covered in many places, including the header of this forum. Discussions of theft of service are NOT allowed. As a user, all I can do is mention this to you. As a moderator, alldeadhomiez has a few more options.

PlainBill

PlainBill
10-01-2004, 05:12 PM
Plain Bill - Do you think I'm wrong? - I sure as hell don't. Let me restate - THIS IS A NEWBIE FORUM. Alldeadhomiez better watch his step before this mofo caps his asssss

holla back yo

dxc -- out

Yes, I think you're wrong on several levels. Theft of service is wrong. BRAGGING about it in a public forum is foolish. Abusing the moderator in said forum is really dumb. Threatening to injure someone in a public forum - Well, words fail to express the contempt I feel.

PlainBill

dave4089
10-01-2004, 05:12 PM
Anybody for a side bet on how many posts dxc will make it to before he is banned?

Dave

PlainBill
10-01-2004, 05:14 PM
Anybody for a side bet on how many posts dxc will make it to before he is banned?

Dave

Less than 5.

PlainBill

dxc
10-01-2004, 05:17 PM
If you take note, no where in my original post did I mention stealing service. I don't know how to, nor would I ever, attempt to steal satellite service.

As far as the threats - if any homie comes up in my grill - this nigga's gotta take matters in his own hands

you feelin' me G

PS - This is post numero 4

Yes, I think you're wrong on several levels. Theft of service is wrong. BRAGGING about it in a public forum is foolish. Abusing the moderator in said forum is really dumb. Threatening to injure someone in a public forum - Well, words fail to express the contempt I feel.

PlainBill

dave4089
10-01-2004, 05:23 PM
because I'm testing dish TV.

dxc,

Then what did you mean by the snippet from your first post that I have quoted here?

Dave

alldeadhomiez
10-01-2004, 05:39 PM

Uh, yeah, "bling bling" yourself, kiddo.

Moved to Sewer and closed. Don't bring it up again.

JJBliss
10-01-2004, 07:43 PM
if you're not answering my earlier questions, don't respond you monkey
OK.. we all know this is bad..

Alldeadhomiez better watch his step before this mofo caps his asssss

holla back yo

dxc -- out
Oh.. Ok. I see. You like to think of yourself as a mofo. And you are threatening ADH by saying that you are going to "cap his asssss". Hmmm Sounds like ghetto slang. Are you in the ghetto? Let's look into this a little further.

As far as the threats - if any homie comes up in my grill - this nigga's gotta take matters in his own hands

you feelin' me G
PPFT!! You actually made me laugh with that one. "You feelin' me G"
BWWAAAHAHA... Oh boy... that was freakin' funny...
You are convincing me more and more that you are trying to seem like one of those uneducated street-speaking ebonics types. I know you refer to yourself as a "nigga", but maybe if you thought better of yourself, you would have a better outlook.

Well.. alldeadhomiez was pretty fair. He moved your stupid post and comments to the Sewer, and closed the thread. Well, I'm pulling rank...

You're banned. A$$hole.