PDA

View Full Version : anyone got emu working with t60?

hokie
09-05-2001, 07:19 PM
I have tried for the past week with no luck. Just wondering if anyone has done it and if there were any special tricks to get it working. I am using a cor file with an Hu cam/zkt. emu works on old 3rd generation fine. anyone?

Thanks in advance

nrgSTAR
09-07-2001, 04:12 AM
Pitou emu is working fine. Never tried PGM's emu though.

What emu are you using? I remember that byte delays or something needed to be increased for things to work with pitou.

Also I am assuming you have already done the tivo hack.

Anyway, if you can be more specific on what your problems are and what you have tried, I will try to help if its pitou related :)

nrg

Glitched
09-07-2001, 04:19 AM
im running sle 3.0 fine with my t60... what exact problems (error messages) are you having ???

hokie
09-07-2001, 11:55 AM
I am using SLE 3.0. I have been emulating for about 6 mos with a 3rd gen RCA receiver. That setup works fine with the H. The steps I did to set up are:

1. reset the t60 to factory default
2. acquired a HU Cam zkt and used basich to merge changes with the h bin
3. loaded the new cor file to the emulation floppy
4. booted up IRD
5. booted emu computer
6. after beeps inserted emu into the ird
7. When IVAC message appeared I reinserted the card

still didn't work

I also used huzkt1.3 to create a cor file. as well as downloading about 3 others from the net. none work.

I have given this to a friend to try over the weekend to see if its a emu hardware issue. however, it doesn't seem likely since my 3rd gen works fine when I use the emu.

any ideas?

Glitched
09-07-2001, 12:35 PM
hmmm... you seem to be doing everything ok... i expected it to be a bin issue,(ive found those h bins w/hu cam zkt to be a little finicy), but if that was the case you would be getting a "this card is not compatible message".. im curious as to what your emu PC screen is saying while this is going on.... but honestly..... it sounds like a hardware issue.... more specifically an emu board issue, (but at this point thats a BIG guess ):confused:

Lord Magnus
09-07-2001, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by hokie
I am using SLE 3.0. I have been emulating for about 6 mos with a 3rd gen RCA receiver. That setup works fine with the H. The steps I did to set up are:

1. reset the t60 to factory default
2. acquired a HU Cam zkt and used basich to merge changes with the h bin
3. loaded the new cor file to the emulation floppy
4. booted up IRD
5. booted emu computer
6. after beeps inserted emu into the ird
7. When IVAC message appeared I reinserted the card

still didn't work

any ideas?

A) Put a montior on the EMU and see if it reports and error. You may have to wait about 2 minutes.

B) you may need to soft reset the T-60. They get confused easily. I think there is a menu option for this.

LM

zeek
09-07-2001, 02:42 PM
I'm using pitou with my setup, and find that I have to insert and re-insert the EMU into the cardslot up to twenty to thirty times before it accepts the card. It's a PITA, but that's the way it goes!

z33k

hokie
09-07-2001, 04:10 PM
I used the snoop option and there are no errors that are displayed. When I insert the emu card it cycles through the first two numbers and resets. When I reinsert the card it does the same thing. I will know more after this weekend when my friend tests it with his emu hardware. I will post the results.

Thanks everyone for your help!

nrgSTAR
09-07-2001, 05:07 PM
zeek,

Are you able to record ppv using pitou and the sat t60? I am having problems where it says I do not have permission to record since I am not in the correct area or something like that, but I receive all the correct locals from New York okay and can record any other channel except ppv.

nrg

Juppers
09-07-2001, 05:44 PM
The T60 is smart like that. It knows PPV channels need to be bought. The best workaround for this is to run an activation
image and just reboot it when you fill up the slots.

Glitched
09-07-2001, 06:22 PM
you can record a ppv .. just not in advance.. start watching it then hit the record once it has started.. :rolleyes:

zeek
09-07-2001, 06:36 PM
I've never recorded a PPV...

And I can't try to right now as I've wiped my drive and have a non-subbed non-hacked (info channels only) inserted in the IRD, hoping to get 2.5.

If you hit 'record' when the movie starts it'll only record the two-hour block won't it? Doesn't do much good in my opinion.

zeek

Juppers
09-07-2001, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Glitched
you can record a ppv .. just not in advance.. start watching it then hit the record once it has started.. :rolleyes:

That doesn't work on my T60. I can't speak for yours.

Glitched
09-07-2001, 07:54 PM
well i dont know but that works on mine, i watch the begining of the movie(maybe 2-3 mins) hit record, and it says would you like to record this showing, i say yes, and it records till the movie is over.... im running 2.01

after i wrote this i did a test, it even works if the movie hasnt started and is on the coutdown screen .... FYI:D

Lord Magnus
09-07-2001, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Glitched
well i dont know but that works on mine, i watch the begining of the movie(maybe 2-3 mins) hit record, and it says would you like to record this showing, i say yes, and it records till the movie is over.... im running 2.01

after i wrote this i did a test, it even works if the movie hasnt started and is on the coutdown screen .... FYI:D

Interesting. The difference appears to be SLE vs. pitou. I might need to look at the pitou code.

Of course this would be made much easier, IF I COULD GET A FREAKING WORKING TIVO! :o

Stress, sorry... :D

LM

Juppers
09-07-2001, 08:39 PM
Well.. I'm the Pitou side, so I guess it is time to switch back to sle. :)

icetre
09-09-2001, 11:54 AM
I could get pitou working correctly (after MUCH work)
but it kept putting my tivo in demo mode.

So I switched back to sle, and it works fine too..

I am using SLE 3.0 as 3.1 doesn't work with my programmer.

Adam

tangee
09-13-2001, 03:42 PM
On the issue of recording PPV's under an emulator, the unit will block almost all attempts to record including Title and Wishlist selected recordings. It even blocks pressing the record button within the first ~60 minutes of a PPV.

The only way to record is to use Manual recording through the Tivo menu, where you specify the exact start time, end time, and channel. Apparently the Tivo developers forgot to check for purchased PPV in that area.

Jethro
09-13-2001, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by nrgSTAR
zeek,

Are you able to record ppv using pitou and the sat t60? I am having problems where it says I do not have permission to record since I am not in the correct area or something like that, but I receive all the correct locals from New York okay and can record any other channel except ppv.

nrg

How do yu run an activation script using an EMU? Do you take a clean H card at 26 / apply activation script / take image/ apply HU ZKT to image? what's you doing? Thanks

zeek
09-14-2001, 12:41 AM
I'm back up and running- decided to stay with 2.01 until more progress is made (by those more knowledgeable than myself...).

I am NOT able to record PPV in *any* way... Error message says purchasing information is unavailable and to try later.

Jethro-
You can't use activation script and EMU together. It's one or the other. Activation refers to programming an Hu card, EMU involves an H card with an Hu zkt.

zeek

superzap
09-14-2001, 01:47 PM
You can use an activation script on the cor for sle emu to record current and future ppv, but a better solution might be to use a 3m like summit stealth on the cor. Use the /n0 and /n1 switches. Works for UTV too.

Nitz
10-02-2001, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Juppers
The T60 is smart like that. It knows PPV channels need to be bought. The best workaround for this is to run an activation
image and just reboot it when you fill up the slots.

How do you run an activation image?

superzap
10-02-2001, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Nitz

How do you run an activation image?

Use an activation script like AktivatorPlus that creates an .img file, that way you can bypass having to use an actual H card to build the cor file. Then use the .img file with BasicH in expert mode, patch image function, onto a clean .bin file. And that's your cor. Use the sle emu /n0 and /n1 command line switches.

Or get KalynaEmuUltimate and it's all done for you and it works for DirecTiVo as well as UTV.

bufordw
10-07-2001, 08:23 PM
If you want to record PPV, Use the TiVo to select the movie you want. Then, go to the manual recording menu and set it up to record for that channel and time. This works 100% of the time for me. If I try to record through TiVo I get an error and can't purchase.

I really would like to get my T-60 to not need to call home, I use it in an RV and it would be great to have. I am about to really hose this up....!