PDA

View Full Version : DirecTv PPV Slice file

TheDoctor
09-05-2001, 07:32 PM
Attached you will find several items in a zip file. They consists of a PPV slice
file that contains information that can be loaded into a standalone Tivo and the
supporting files necessary to load and index them under 1.3 and 2.0.

If Tivo or DirecTv make objections to this data being posted, I will stop making
it available. It is intended as an enhancement. They can contact
me at TheDoctor@dealdatabase.net with any issues.

Yes I can generate one type of slice file. No I am not releasing any more of the file
formats than I already have at this time. I am releasing these files for use to
augment Tivo subscriptions for DirecTv customers.

A great deal of discussion has gone on about what Tivo has done right or wrong.
Some I agree with, some I don't. I am not going to go over it all again. You can
read old posts if you want to know my position.

TiVo_Canada
09-06-2001, 01:13 AM
Bravo!

I'm taking a look at your scripts now. The dbload has always worked for me on Tridge's slices but I've not figured out how to do the index'ing.

I'm trying it on 1.3. Will let you know how I make out.

Thank you for releasing this.

TiVo_Canada
09-06-2001, 01:59 AM
I can report that YES this worked.

I had to reboot TiVo for it to see the data after the index'ing.

I'm very impressed. I have not had Guide Data since mid-June so my headend was not very fresh although I have been playing with Tridge's slices for the last couple of weeks.

Perhaps you and I can have an offline discussion about how you build your slice files.

tivo_canada@yahoo.com

P.S. If I'm able to build Canadian data slices with this method then I'd be more than happy to send TiVo $10 each month to secure my investment.

ircbob
09-06-2001, 11:06 AM
please excuse my ignorance.. but uh how do you use the dbload function?

TiVo_Canada
09-06-2001, 11:39 AM
Ircbob,

You execute it under "tivosh".

You might want to read up on using tivosh by searching or viewing the AVS TiVo hacking forum before attempting a dbload.

TiVo_Canada
09-06-2001, 01:49 PM
The Doctor,

Gosh, I've spent more time on these SLICE files then I'd like to admit.

I had written a program last week which *attempts* to cut up each SLICE file record and place them into separate files in the hope that I can modify them and then paste everything back together.

I have based the cutting on the first char of each record - which I took from another thread on this board. Using 4 '\0' as the separator between each record.

ie:

0x3= Program
0x5= Station
0x6= StationDay
0x7= Show

I cut up your slice and see that you are using SP numbers (TmsID's) that are rather large numbers. Also a did a dumpobj on a fsid from /SeriesTitleGS and see the Server numbers. Is this what you referred to as /Server numbers that were out of range - out of range for normal downloads from TiVo calls so as not to step on anything already there?

I have used Tridge's reindex script which seems to be very similiar to your reindex but have always failed on the reindex of Showing. I'm guessing that however you built your SLICE file that the process will not be completed with out of range Stationid's. Which begs the question, why does your SLICE succeed for me where Stationid's are probably out of range?

v1.3 and wanting more...

TheDoctor
09-06-2001, 11:02 PM
The server ID's are the object names used by the server and the indexing process. Your tivo will remap those to local values. The program slice is only a small part of the the interconnected objects. I used high TMSid's and ServerID's so tivo and I would not step on each other. Unless you have loaded their Headend files AND configured your tivo to use them, their detail records will point to nothing. There are a lot of other interconnections.

Besides the dbload script that runs under bash and some of the dump routines, I really have not checked out many of the files on Tridge's site (I like to make life hard for myself). If they have an indexing script, post a link it is probably a lot better then mine as it has been in use a lot longer.

I tried to include a discription of how to use the dbload scripts I included in the text file. './dbload20 PPVdate.slice' or './dbload13 PPVdate.slice' at the bash prompt.

TiVo_Canada
09-07-2001, 12:27 AM
Your index is actually more thorough than Tridge's so I'll stick with yours.

http://tivo.samba.org/download/tridge/reindex

The key here is HOW you built your SLICE file. Your Guide Data loaded and indexed on my v1.3 box but Tridge's does not.

My nag screens are completely gone now (well at least until Sept. 13 when the data runs out, thank you) but I can't access any of your guide data from the search menus because I don't have the PPV channels configured. I suppose I could add them but kind of defeats where I'm heading. So I'll keep plodding forward.

You didn't comment on the first char of each record or the record separator. Are these correct?

jacob
09-07-2001, 08:07 AM
This data is awesome. Thank you TheDoctor!

Are you going to be releasing these slice files daily somewhere? I'd be willing to provide you with an FTP account if you need...

TheDoctor
09-07-2001, 12:08 PM
A program slice files will load as long as all internal indexs are correct. But loading alone will not make the data available. If the program data does not match the data from the headend on you system, it is simply discarded. I have never generated a headend file, and suspect that it would also have to match other internal records or it would be ignored as well.

TheDoctor
09-07-2001, 12:18 PM
The file should contain about 13 days of data, so I will probably do one every few days, as some PPV data may change. If some one can provide and ftp server than that would be great.

TheDoctor
09-07-2001, 12:53 PM
The file should contain about 13 days of data, so I will probably do one every few days, as some PPV data may change. If some one can provide and ftp server than that would be great.

TheDoctor
09-09-2001, 07:20 PM
Since the first file has been downloaded a few times, and the powers that be have not posted complaints, I am providing an update. This Zip file contains the slice only. Utils can be found in the first post.

TiVo_Canada
09-10-2001, 03:02 PM
Thank you - yet again.

TiVo_Canada
09-10-2001, 04:26 PM
Spoke too soon. Got an error message this time:

% source index13

09/10:19:18:34: tivosh: index series
09/10:19:19:09: tivosh: index showings
09/10:19:19:12: tivosh: error indexing Showings: error reindexing: errNmNameNotFound
09/10:19:19:12: tivosh: index station days

TheDoctor
09-10-2001, 05:52 PM
That not good....I will have to boot up 1.3 and check. Thanks for the tip. From your log it appears the data loaded, but did not index. May be a probel with the index routines. Did you run the cleanup before loading? In looking back at the slice file I see that I included some orphaned records. This is caused when the system finds a problem with the final stationday record and discards it after it fas already flagged the program record for loading.

TheDoctor
09-10-2001, 06:03 PM
bash-2.02# ./index
09/10:21:01:00: ./index: index series
09/10:21:01:45: ./index: index showings
09/10:21:02:27: ./index: index station days

I don't get the error when I load without running cleanup..still tesitng...

TheDoctor
09-10-2001, 06:57 PM
I have gone ahead and run cleanup then reloaded and reindexed under 1.3. I still cannot duplicate the error. I have also downloaded the from from this page and compaired it the the origional. I cannot find a problem. Has anyone else seen this error? JDR, is the data available when you go to the guide? Can you search by title?

TiVo_Canada
09-10-2001, 07:20 PM
Cleanup... oops, forgot that.

Doing it now...

Cleaning...

Indexing...

Same error.

Yes I can search but I always get "No programs" just like the last slice.

That is, I don't have PPV on my channel list but I like loading your slice so it gets rid of the Nag screens.

TheDoctor
09-11-2001, 09:54 PM
If you are just loading it the keep tivo happy, you should not bother running index at all. Indexing only makes the search feature work. The guide data is as 'in place' at the end of the dbload as it ever will be.

TiVo_Canada
09-15-2001, 11:03 AM
I have taken your slice file and pulled one record chain out.

The chain is:

Program->Series

Station

Station Day->Series
->Station

I have created a slice file that is 680 bytes long that will dbload such that TiVo believes it has data and advances the date at which it believes Channel Data will expire. Thus no more nag screens - NOW at my control.

The expiration date in the attached slice file is October 5, 2001. (Note the slice file is not text but that's the only way I could load it here by adding .txt on the end of it)

Steps to load it are:

1. Copy <slice file> to TiVo

2. Start tivosh

% set db [dbopen]
% dbload $db <slice file>
% dbclose $db

3. Exit tivosh

4. /sbin/restart (to restart your TiVo)

After restarting look in System from the menu on the TV and see if
the date to which is believes it has guided data has been changed to October 5.

Good luck.

TheDoctor
09-20-2001, 01:05 AM
update-In addition to PPV file index13 has been updated to correct a typo.

TheDoctor
09-20-2001, 01:06 AM
Update to ppv-also correction of type in index13

TiVo_Canada
09-20-2001, 03:00 PM
Was the typo in the "event" statement?

TheDoctor
09-23-2001, 02:14 AM
It was a missing space before the $

TheDoctor
09-23-2001, 06:20 AM
Attached is a quick hack for the cleanup20. It does at least convert it to a script rather than cut/paste. Still needs work.

A trainboy sent me an improved 1.3 script. (I don't use 1.3 any more and have not tested. I am supplying untested, but it looks like it catches some things I missed.)

TiVo_Canada
09-24-2001, 01:56 PM
I looked at that index13.itcl and I'm not clear how to run it other than "source index13.itcl" which gives an error.

Not sure that it is for 1.3 since it references objects in /GuideIndex which doesn't seem to exist on my 1.3 box.

TheDoctor
09-25-2001, 02:23 AM
I can't answer that till I get a chance to boot 1.3 and test it. I have not tested, am only forwarding. It looks like you should be able to drop the extension and run chmod on it. I will not be able to test til I get back from vacation in a week or so.

TheDoctor
09-25-2001, 05:51 PM
Last file till I get back from vacation. I will try to test/retest load/index scripts when I get back. Till then use whatever works best.

TheDoctor
10-03-2001, 04:04 PM
Have not had chance to retest load scripts. catching up at work.
Here is updated ppv slice.

dopester
10-07-2001, 12:46 PM
Since you wont release the format of the file, but create them could you also include the sports channels (NHL Center Ice, NFL Sunday Ticket, etc)..

TheDoctor
10-09-2001, 02:37 AM
I don't think I have access to the info, but I will check.

TheDoctor
10-11-2001, 06:24 PM
Sorry, I don't have access to the sports pack info. I still have not had a chance to test the load scripts again, but it is on the ToDo list.

EMPK3
10-12-2001, 09:18 AM
I'm having a bit of difficulty loading in slice files to my sa HDR212 (2.0.1).
When I try:
% ./dbload ppv04oct.slice
it waits about a minute then kicks me back to the % prompt
with no errors, however when I reboot, I still have no data which makes the "no guide data" screen pops up, of course.
Now, I've done the same thing with ppv12oct.slice and the same thing happens.

I don't have a ppv channel in my lineup so initially, I'm just trying
to get rid of the nag screen. Just running dbload20 *should* do that for me, right?

As a side note, I added a composite channel to my lineup because when I originally went through guided setup, I set the
input to RF and I mainly want to use it with a composite input.
This worked with COMP-IN.TCL but now when I try to check
"CABLE LINEUP" under customize channels, TIVO resets. Generally, it's something I can ignore but could this be the reason that I'm unable to load slice data, because of a corrupted channel lineup?

Thanks for your time

trainboy
10-12-2001, 01:38 PM
Yeah, I noticed this stupidity too. It would seem that, if you don't supply a full path name to dbload, it just ends silently after a little while but does nothing. How quaint. Did you try using a full path name?

EMPK3
10-12-2001, 02:57 PM
darn, I was really hoping that was going to do the trick, trainboy!
I've run into enough instances of programs needing an explicit
path that I was embarrassed to have not thought of that.

Unfortunately, it didn't work. It chills out for about a minute and
returns me back to the prompt, as if nothing has happened.
I'm wondering:
1) should I get any feedback as dbload20 runs ( looking at the script, I'm guessing "no")?
2) is the slice file trying to feed into a specific channel number or name that I should verify exists in my current channel lineup?
3) does dbload20 need a second command line arg?

thanks again

trainboy
10-12-2001, 04:17 PM
Aha! I neglected to take note of the fact that you didn't generate the slice yourself. Sorry.

Channel lineups in the slice file must point to channel records in your TiVo database by server ID. The first step in generating a slice file is to find out what server IDs your channels have. Run the attached script (which should have the extension ".tcl") and you'll see.

Probably the PPV channels on your TiVo don't have the same server IDs as those in the slice file. Take a look at the slice file Station Day records (type 0x0106) and see if the index tuples in the 0x42 and 0x46 fields match your TiVo's Station records (from ChanLineup). If they don't, you'll need to update the slice file so that they do or generate a new one. Note, the 0x42 fields are used, in a really boneheaded manner, to point to both the Station record (in the Station Day header) and the Program record (in each program slot of the Station Day record) so only the first occurrence of this field in each Station Day record should point to the Station records on your TiVo.

EMPK3
10-13-2001, 07:13 PM
I figured that I needed to take care of the underlying error that was causing the machine to reboot anytime I went to the "channel lineups" screen so I made a backup, reset the machine and went through guided setup to rewrite the channel lineups info and bypassed the second call. Everything works fine now and I am able to use CHANLINEUP.TCL to get the server ids.

The problem is that I realize that I'm not familiar enough with the
format so other than just seeing patterns in the data, I don't really know what I'm looking at in the slice files that I've downloaded. Right now, I'm looking around for some information on that. To add to the difficulty, I don't have any slice files generated by my machine because my trial guide data has long since expired and been deleted.

Any pointers for information?

KenLi
10-13-2001, 08:11 PM
EMPK3 did you try a cleanup before you loaded (what I assume is the TheDoctor's) ppv slice? I have no directtv on my sa 1.3 but cleanup13, dbload, and index13, are all working on these slices and these are the only ones I've ever got to go into the box. I only use the "browse by name" to reset my 1 2 3 speeds after a reboot and of course now "live tv" button and no nags.

Thanks Doc for your efforts! Train... how do we generate or edit our own slice??? What I want is slice with something like this:

addShow 0 CTV 15400 52200 5100 {CTV News

or anything just with a date 10 years in the future?? Maybe it should be form of TheDoctor ppv since these are so easy to load? A slice with just one of the dates that far ahead?? Would we have to jump to the future to load then return to present...

PS I have been running for weeks with the date set to 1990 and slice in place so this does work but rtc returns to Nov 1998 every reboot... want to move my slice way into the future.

EMPK3
10-14-2001, 06:49 AM
No because I had just completely reset the machine, I thought that any indexes had been automatically cleaned. I'll give it a try though.

Did you have to manually create some channels first, did dbload do that for you or were the ppv channels already on your lineup?

What I'm still having trouble figuring out is where the slice data is attempting to go. I can't tell if I need to edit the slice to reflect
my internal server ids or what.

KenLi
10-14-2001, 10:08 AM
Well that's right... I remember I tried that from a reset and even from a "virgin" 1.3 restore. Clean-up ran and reported nothing to clean up. Problem I had with GS again was it refused to give me any channels back even though it went through d/l and expanding then often a crash when to "channels you watch". Or there were none. Seems they can trigger that from my subbed then turned off tivo serial# ? If I next forced a daily call it did set clock then right off d/l 2.0.1 which I've pulled pending restart.

My machine never had those ppv channels in fact DISH channels 100 - 199 are unaffected by these slices. When dbload works you'll know it kinda thrashed the hd a bit as in housekeeping then on reboot you have data in place to then end of the slice. One thing to note is I had always sucessfully ran the fixup02c before I got these to load don't know if that was needed or not. I may ask the doc to generate a slice with date of 15400 or so if that's not to hard (?) or if I still can't do it myself. Next I will try to run a jpag on top of a "full" tridge slice and see if I can affect the date on that?

I didn't have to "match" any server ids in doc's slices but I never saw any listings. My search by name funtioned to set back door values but it never found a show. Haven't done comp-in -- I can only rename channels from my last full subbed Sat (dishnetwork) + cable setup. (02 - 999 fortunately for me)

KenLi
10-14-2001, 03:55 PM
Here's what I did that worked for 1.3. First used zmodem to send in cleanup13, index13 and ppv12oct.slice.

bash-2.02#
cd /var/tmp
chmod +x /var/tmp/cleanup13
chmod +x /var/tmp/index13
./cleanup13
(wait 1.5 hours for cleanup to finish watching terminal feedback)

cd /tvbin
./tivosh
% set db [dbopen]
% dbload $db /var/tmp/ppv12oct.slice
(wait 5 - 10 minutes for slice to load?)
% dbclose $db
Exit tivosh
/sbin/restart

bash-2.02#
cd /var/tmp
./index13
(wait more than hour...feedback)

Now slice is in place no more nags!!! Now if I could just get a simple slice with a far in the future date--- anyone?? trainboy?? BTW my linux needs a lot of work you can see!!

EMPK3
10-14-2001, 04:37 PM
Very puzzling...
I've tried:
1) set db [dbopen],dbload $db <slicefile>,dbclose $db
no errors but no guide data either
2) ./dbload <slicefile>
no errors, no guide data
3) ./runupdate.tcl
using this showlist:
---
proc addChannels { } {
addChannel UNI
}
proc addShows { } {
addShow 0 UNI 11590 30600 5100 {Tell Me No Lies}
}
proc addPrograms { } {
addProgram {Tell Me No Lies} "1 375 259 32 34 40 37 105 114" "2000" "" {Amber Smith, Byron Bay, Yvette McClendon. A sexy college student decides to use herself as bait to catch a serial killer.}
addProgram {Sign Off} "1 368" "" "" {Anything here}
}

---
I get the following output:

(next message)

EMPK3
10-14-2001, 04:39 PM
(from previous message)
---
10/14:18:30:48: runupdate.tcl: can't make directory (errNmNameAlreadyExists)

10/14:18:30:48: runupdate.tcl: adding channels
10/14:18:30:48: runupdate.tcl: addChannel: UNI
10/14:18:30:48: runupdate.tcl: processing channel list
10/14:18:30:48: runupdate.tcl: adding programs
10/14:18:30:48: runupdate.tcl: addProgram Tell Me No Lies Amber Smith, Byron Bay, Yvette McClendon. A sexy college student decides to use herself as bait to catch a serial killer.
10/14:18:30:48: runupdate.tcl: Searching for TELL-ME-NO in /SeriesTitleGS
10/14:18:30:48: runupdate.tcl: Searching for TELL-ME-NO in /MyGuide/Programs
10/14:18:30:48: runupdate.tcl: trying Tell Me No Lies {Tell Me No Lies}
10/14:18:30:48: runupdate.tcl: found TELL-ME-NO 19509
10/14:18:30:48: runupdate.tcl: addProgram Sign Off Anything here
10/14:18:30:48: runupdate.tcl: Searching for SIGN-OFF in /SeriesTitleGS
10/14:18:30:48: runupdate.tcl: Searching for SIGN-OFF in /MyGuide/Programs
10/14:18:30:48: runupdate.tcl: trying Sign Off {Sign Off}
10/14:18:30:48: runupdate.tcl: found SIGN-OFF:1003084194 19728
10/14:18:30:48: runupdate.tcl: updated showing UNI 0 with Tell Me No Lies 11590 30600 5100
10/14:18:30:48: runupdate.tcl: Channel UNI not found, skipping
10/14:18:30:48: runupdate.tcl: Cannot open /Schedule/0:11590 expected integer but got "" - skipping
10/14:18:30:49: runupdate.tcl: Creating DirecTV Program Guide updated Message...
10/14:18:30:49: runupdate.tcl: Calling event send 23 DATA_MESSAGES 0
---

Going through the four hour cleanup process doesn't seem to help. Two points I should make are that UNI is found in my lineup
and /MyGuide/Programs seems to have a bunch of entries while /MyGuide/Showings has none.

hmm....

KenLi
10-14-2001, 07:29 PM
Wow you must be close if you saw cleanup run. Check your path on the slice file. Mine did the same thing with no path or wrong path just ran and returned but once I confirmed where the file was and called it I could tell it grabbed it finally. Also there was a dbload13 I think or something which I never used in the procedure that finally worked. Just used that command in tivosh from a thread here. As to the manual jpag-alike everyone said you need something in there as a reference for the items (current guide data) which is why I thought about loading a tridge foxtel slice and then try it cause that could solve my "date" problem (and mess up my rf channels?). If you get that one to work be sure and tell us!

Did you ever have any sat channels installed by gs? and did you ever run fixup02c? If you are 2.0.1 you may not have any record without it... It just so happens that my slice had never gone in until after I got the fixup script to run (maybe unrelated) but info now shows calls suceeded and lifetime 5 in addition to "Guide data to xx Oct 2001"

PS Are you saying that bit "added" UNI to your lineup as a new named channel?

EMPK3
10-14-2001, 09:38 PM
No, what I'm saying is that I *caused* cleanup to run with the cleanup/indexing script included with the ppv utils.

I've tried giving both local filename and explicit path and they act identically, which is to say that I can get neither to work.

I'm a bit hesitant to use the dbload13 and 1.3 related files because I'm running 2.0.1 and I'm not sure that would be healthy for the operating system.

As far as the channel lineup goes, my SA gets an option for the various cable providers and packages (digital, extended, basic , etc). Plenty of ppv/in demand channels, just not the right ones I guess. My showfile tests used both established callsigns and ones that didn't exist to see the difference in the debug info : both the same as my output above. It never actually adds a new channel to the lineup, which I think is unnecessary for my needs anyway.

Yes, I used fixup02c successfully before messing around. The servicestate is still 5.

--
empKIII

KenLi
10-15-2001, 11:36 AM
empKIII it sounds like you know a lot more about what you are doing than I -- guess I was lucky to get this thing tamed enough to be worth using. Sure didn't get there before this thread. Afterall it's just about the "fun" of it anyway certainly not the Corp. (or it's nice little gestures). Sure everyone here has aready seen the thread at that "other" place: Topic: Dish Network PPV... just catch this reply:

"it is possible to do, but to do so someone would have to build the slice file for it...since there is no tivo-dish pvr to eaisly pull the data from, it would have to be "hand-made" or you would need a script/program to pull it from the web, if it's there. those that have the knowledge to do this are taking great pains to keep this info from the general public, as to release it would be the end of tivo. (ie. if anyone can build guide data slices, why pay tivo?)" (Hey I'm waiting for that "end")

Doc can you still help me change the date on one of these slices into the future?? BTW thanks for what was my "holy grail" in this current environment. (I don't think anyone here is hiding anything just think they are busy with far more important things than the future of the Tivo Co.)

KenLi
10-15-2001, 10:22 PM
EMPK3 I just did some more tests...
First I ran cleanup -- nags back no more guide data...
Next loaded a brand new tridge OZ slice using known working method... took several minutes of hard drive clicking. Closed db and restarted: no guide data. So I turned around and reloaded the PPV slice - several minutes to go in then close and restart-- guide data is back in place. So I will defer back to trainboy I think the slice you try to load must be compatatble with your current headend?? I don't know why direct TV PPV loads fine on mine when my channels are mapped for dish + cable but it seems to so I'm thankful. I know I can't go back to nags now. Maybe you could look into this "no service" SA 2.5 sounds like it only has one nag and full function?
http://surveys.tivo.com/noservice/service.html

Anyway thanks to TheDoctor for slices I can load!!

TheDoctor
10-15-2001, 11:25 PM
Tivo was, for a time, downloading all services for a zipcode even if you did not have them. If you zipcode had 2 cable providers, with several service levels, you got the headend for all of them, as well as for Dish and DirecTv. That is why the slice file loads on many machines that do not have the PPV in the lineup. You probably do have the stations in your headend, even if not in the lineup. Tivo many have changed what they are downloading for headend data, so newer units may not have the headend data for stations they don't get.

TheDoctor
10-15-2001, 11:47 PM
On the subject of future slice, I think that JDR was working on that. If not I will have to look into it. I am afraid that I have not had much time to follow the posting here of late.

EMPK3
10-17-2001, 11:01 AM
No, I'm getting 2 providers for my zipcode with several options (basic,extended,etc) for each...

Could someone email me (or post) an area code and zip code that
has successfully worked with the Headend information? That might at least confirm whether I've got something else corrupted.

empKIII
--

KenLi
10-17-2001, 01:46 PM
TheDoctor: thanks a ton if you look into the future dated slice! I don't mind loading these twice a month but I sure don't want to deal with nags if I forget one - thus if it comes down to that I'd just run with date set to the past but interestingly enough even though the only place the year shows up is in the sys info... my new recordings in now showing in that case end up below (before) "Welcome to the Tivolution" A bit unsettling.

EMPK3 if you are still up to mucking with it more you should first try it with rerunning GS and adding sat. to your "full" cable and see if that works? I do suspect that maybe GS has changed since rerunning it gives me zero channels no matter what (1.3 of course) However while I was still subbed before 2.0.1 came down I kept a DD copy of each config full cable and cable + sat. My plain cable gives me the 4 headend choices on the fly (Basic A, Digital etc.) but the hybrid headend "cable + sat." has no "live" choices for either sat provider or cable Co. and remaplineup scripts behave unpredictably on the "cable + sat" headend. If you'd like to try my zip and prefix I could certainly email you that for a test.

EMPK3
10-18-2001, 08:44 AM
I decided to start from the earliest 2.0.1 drive image I had. I restored the drive, ran GS, dbloaded the ppv slice file and, go figure, it *WORKS*! Now I can start making small changes to the slice file and see how those changes affect the listings.

KenLi
10-19-2001, 07:00 PM
EMPK3 congrats finally... if you are now able to affect any more changes with jpag-alike scripts let us know.

JDR you still around? It looks like earlier in this thread you were able to advance the date on a chunk of a slice (final.txt) can you help me do this or make one with date of 2011 or so (then we change to that date and load) for trouble free no-nagz? This effect does work on these with running in 1990 with Oct 2001 slice loaded in Oct 2001 (says I have 4029 days of guide data left but this is not an elegant solution since any reboot resests clock to 1998 (when Tivo was first born??)

Also anyone unsubbed sa tried the new 2.5.1? Is this any better than say 1.3(?) and could we load a futureslice in there? Anyone dbload a slice into 2.5.1 sa? Sounds like sa 2.5.1 is relatively unlocked and it seems to be all they are sending down now. I will try as long as it can't hurt my prom?? Anyone? JDR were you able to get any further on a slice?

TiVo_Canada
10-20-2001, 09:53 PM
Yup, I'm still lurking around, however like The Doctor, getting slices to load took an enormous amount of time so I stepped back from hacking for a while.

I never created a slice that had a date more than 2 weeks in the future as I'm not sure how TiVo would handle it. Someone wrote to me that they were going to change all occurences of "2D 50" in the final.txt file with one, one year ahead but I have not heard back if they were successful.

If you have a access to a binary editor, simply change "2D 50" to anything you like and load the slice. "2D 50" = 11600 which is October 4, 2001. So "2D 51" = 11601 = October 5, 2001, etc...

If you have trouble with this let me know and I'll put a new file together for you.

KenLi
10-21-2001, 03:39 PM
Thanks JDR for the fast response and the magic bullit. Twas a white knuckle ride with winhex (almost had to install ultraedit on that comp) but after sending many files to tivo... turns out I had to change only the last 9 instances of that in the file other combos confused dbload. Finally tamed that beast of all the nasty inconvienences of Tivo, Inc.
I did use the 0 size crypto trick to get it to redo GS so I got all my channels refreshed internally for 1.3 and I think turning off the logging daemons makes it work less @ nothing? Finally a funtional dvr... thanks all. Time to take some time out to actually watch some TV now?? ah ... now thats no fun!

TiVo_Canada
10-21-2001, 05:10 PM
Glad it worked out.

How far of a date in the future did you load?

KenLi
10-21-2001, 09:24 PM
I think I used 3A 2B which came out to Saturday, Oct 9, 2009. I was having trouble translating the characters because I thought I might have to be within range of that date to load however as it turns out it loads fine today. I didn't need to index it since I found out my EEx (Search by name) codes still work (1.3) but I did have to sit through a cleanup and remove any old successful one before getting another in. That tiny final slice still takes 20 minutes of grinding away (hundreds of lines) to cleanup so I think it must make a "to be announced" for every channel each time or something because I don't think that one Movie "The Wedding Planner" really played hundreds of times in that slice. I would guess 9 times on that day?? Well I have it on my shedule 9 times on I think Fri Oct. 8, 2009 (even tho I don't see it) ... again thanks!

Also I noticed after that Crypto/Ocrytp job I used to release the GS it now takes on the serial # of the A drive (the harddrive serial # itself of which ever one I run as A) So It really only works again once per drive unless never subbed serials still get GS after the trial period? And btw I even learned how to rm out all those extra files I sent in thank goodness. Such a newbie. Now time to try out 2.5.1 for a comparison...

TiVo_Canada
10-21-2001, 11:48 PM
Interesting.

Keep updating us on your progress with 2.5.1

Good luck.

IWantToShare
10-22-2001, 11:37 AM
This isn't posted as a tease, just a FYI.

I finally have 'real' guide data loaded on my (previously subbed) TiVo.

I generate my own slice files - currently only 3 days in advance, but I am able to dbload them and get guide data with only a few glitches. 7 days of data should be easily obtainable, but for my testing I am working with only small data sets.

The guide data is current data from TVGuide.com scraped for my cable company.

I currently have a couple of problems:

1) Building a headend - my TiVo was previously subbed and already had a headend. What would a 'never subbed' user do?

2) Series/Program ID's and epsiode numbers. I have figured out my own method of doing these. Is there a recognized method, or should I continue to go it alone? Season passes only work if you get the Series info correct and consistent. I have trouble automatically figuring out what is a series and also how to prevent repeats (Discovery channel is a PITA with its same day repeating).

3) How to get the data to the TiVo. Right now I use NFS and Telnet and it's really a manual process. I have automated Guide Data collection, but the Slice processing (done on a PC) and the subsequent transfer is something I need to work on.

4) The dbload and NFS transfer cause all kinds of stopples. Is there a way of changing the execution to be less intrusive?

5) Should I ever release this? I only have 2.01 to test on, and it is working fairly well. I have no intentions of going to 2.5 with at least one of my TiVo's. Would TiVo be upset if this was released? It only works on older versions of their software - and please also remember that this is still WIP!

TiVo_Canada
10-22-2001, 05:25 PM
Congrats.

Tough question on whether to release into a public forum. It seems that TiVo could care less at this stage since most of their subscribers don't hack their boxes and wouldn't know what do with anything you release.

The people at AVS Forum seem to get a little testy when you talk about anything that might kill their subscription factory.

In my opinion if you own the all the code then you have nothing to lose releasing it.

jquest
10-23-2001, 09:42 AM
Hey IWantToShare,

If you do release, one of the advantages is that other ppeople will help to 'share the load'. Follow the open source model and you'll be one of the people to receive benefits back.

sourceforge.net would be a good place to put the code...

Jonny

KenNashua
10-23-2001, 07:29 PM
Regarding preventing the stopples, download the nicepri executable. http://tivo.samba.org/download/mbm/

Then you can do:

nicepri fifo 1 SLICE_COMMAND ARGS

That should take care of the stopples.

sgx2
10-24-2001, 12:03 AM
Simply put: Outstanding!

I've been writing a perl script for us service-free Canadians to extract program listings from zap 2 it, but I wanted to output its data in some TiVo-useful format.

I think a guide-data script would help us Canuks a lot... :)

TheDoctor
10-24-2001, 10:24 AM
Somehow this seems almost out of place...

tombo
10-25-2001, 01:38 AM
IWantToShare - way to go. I've been hoping to here this for some time.

sgx2 - you work will come in handy. Keep at it.

A little off topic, will 2.5.1 screw this up? (or scripts in general ?)
I unplugged the phone line when it became apparant that it was coming down the pipe and am just getting to the point of weaning my Tivo off of momma. Still gotta get some scripts working.

Oh yeah, the never subbed user. Wouldn't they have a headend if they went through GS for the free 2 weeks (or whatever) of guide data ?

Again, keep up the great work.

BTW - TheDoctor Thanks as well. Without your work, this stuff would be a lot further away.

jacob
10-25-2001, 09:03 AM
tombo -

Yeah. I've got 2.5.1 and the slice files that The Doctor has been uploading no longer work for me :^(

tombo
10-25-2001, 11:55 AM
Jacob - thanks for the info. Guess I'll have to accelerate my efforts to get rid of motherTivo before the nags startup.

Tom

jacob
11-06-2001, 09:05 AM
I'm anxiously awaiting a new PPV slice file...

Are you still going to be posting these things?

TheDoctor
11-06-2001, 11:50 AM
Sorry, I will try to get one posted this evening... IBM and I have been passing my 'build' machine back and forth for the last couple of weeks, and the backup of the program was not quite as 'backed-up' as I thought.
I did get the main machine back and will post a file I made last week. From the post in the thread, I was begining to think no one was actually using them for the data...

jacob
11-06-2001, 02:15 PM
It's weird, actually. With 2.5.1, sometimes they load completely (rare), sometimes they error out ten to fifteen minutes in (which usually gives me about the first seven PPV channel listings), and sometimes they crash altogether.

But, I look forward to each one - hey, seven channels is better than none!

Thanks.

theplunger
11-06-2001, 04:36 PM
Doctor, please do not think that people are not using your slice files. Please know we appreciate all the work you have done, and continue to do, to provide us with them. Actually, I thought it was rather nice that people were not flaming you for them.

Thanks again!

TheDoctor
11-06-2001, 08:46 PM
Give this a try... You might also want to try it again under 2.5.1.
I don't have any samples of 2.5.1 data so I have nothing to work against, but I had not checked the last file before uploading...

jacob
11-08-2001, 07:02 AM
Hey Doctor-

Did you try to leave a slice file in your last message? I can't see an attachment...

Thanks.

TheDoctor
11-08-2001, 09:09 PM
Just having one of those weeks....

TheDoctor
11-08-2001, 09:38 PM
A copy of cleanup20 is included in this. This is to cleanup and index, and hopefully trigger the season pass update. It is not a script, paste the text into a tivosh session.

This should not be needed it you are a current subscriber, just wait and things should sort themselves out.

TheDoctor
11-12-2001, 05:29 PM
update

jacob
11-13-2001, 07:54 AM
Hey, Doctor!

The NOV8 Slice that you attached is the first one in months that worked PERFECTLY with 2.5.1. It loaded without a hitch.

I'll try the NOV12 one this afternoon and let you know about that one, too.

THANKS!

TheDoctor
11-23-2001, 11:40 PM
Update

zeppo
11-24-2001, 10:31 PM
I can't seem to figure out how to use the slice file. I see that dbload is involved but at least one other command is implied (indexing?)

What are the steps (what must be done to prepare the TiVo for slice insertion (eg, indexing), what command is used to insert the slice file, what must be done, if anything, after the slice file is loaded?), where are the utility files?

TIA

TheDoctor
11-25-2001, 03:29 PM
Start reading on page 1

zeppo
11-25-2001, 05:44 PM
Doc,

I've done that, and I may be slow, but there seems to be some out-of-date and tangential info on this thread. I'm just trying to understand what must be done (and what to expect) before I load the slice file on my machine.

Please don't get me wrong here, I appreciate every thing you have done in this regard.

Here is what I have gleaned for a subscribed system 2.5.1 machine with a DirectTV headend:

Cleanup20 is not needed for a subbed machine.
bash2.02# ./dbload20 PPV.slice
restart TiVo

Is this correct? Is dbload20 the latest or is a newer one required for tivo system 2.5.1?

TIA

TheDoctor
11-25-2001, 06:23 PM
Sorry, I have no access to 2.51 so I cannot help.

zeppo
11-25-2001, 06:50 PM
I went ahead and did the above and it worked.

What does Cleanup20 do?

Does anyone running TiVo system 2.5.1 know if I need to run Cleanup20? If I have a subbed unit?

TIA

jacob
11-26-2001, 08:38 AM
Doctor - This slice file crapped out for me (w/2.5.1). Got an internal error (don't have the message in front of me, but I can reproduce it, if needed). Some abort message, and then the TiVo just rebooted. Looks like I got the first six or eight PPV channels of data, but nothing after that.

Zeppo - This file worked and loaded completely for you? You have PPV guide data past DirecTV channel 115???

zeppo
11-27-2001, 03:28 AM
AFAICT, yes, it worked. All PPV's populated with listing info.

TheDoctor
12-02-2001, 07:31 PM
update

jacob
12-04-2001, 07:38 AM
As always - Thanks for the file, Doctor!

Worked great...

TheDoctor
12-09-2001, 08:52 AM
update

jacob
12-10-2001, 07:36 AM
You da man, Doctor...!

TheDoctor
12-16-2001, 08:17 PM
This will likely be the last one till next year...
Enjoy the holidays!!!

Pr.Sinister
12-21-2001, 05:44 PM
I really appreciate TheDoctor's work!

Too bad he doesn't have access to NFL Sunday Ticket
Guide Data... I could ffinally throw away my dish remote
and never have to use thaty guide again!

Anyways for all you would be programmers out there,
the TiVo_Canada group on Yahoo! Groups has some
VERY interesting files to pull data from Zap2it and
generate slice files! If someone is willing to modify
those to work with the DirecTV Online Guide, we would
be able to pull PPV and NFL Sunday Ticket data from
their website and make our slice files to load on our
beloved SA TiVo's.

I know, i know... you'll say : "Use Jpag's scripts" but
those scripst don't work on my SA with 2.5.1. It just
craps out when i run the TClient.

Anyways the files in question are on the TiVo_Canada
Yahoo! Groups located [Here] (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tivo_canada/files/)

Tictoc
12-21-2001, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Pr.Sinister
I really appreciate TheDoctor's work!
Anyways the files in question are on the TiVo_Canada
Yahoo! Groups located [Here] (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tivo_canada/files/)

I subscribed to it five minutes after reading your post. Very intersting group! Thank you for letting us know.

TheDoctor
12-29-2001, 08:22 PM
update

philhu
12-31-2001, 12:37 PM
how about city slices?

I'd love to be able to load slices for city listings? Since Tivo now only gives you listings for your local zip code....

TheDoctor
12-31-2001, 09:03 PM
To roll your own slices you should check out the tivo_canada stuff. Tivo has not complained about posting the PPV stuff because they don't offer it.

Their would also be a lot of work involved. Now that DTV has all of the locals, I am probably going to be putting my SA's into storage until I hear more about how the echostar merger actualloy plays out.

philhu
01-02-2002, 01:18 PM
hey

Your tivo asks for listings during its calll.....

Why not just make up a second call that asks for another city's listings?

I am sure all you would need to do is ask for say, NY locals in a call and they would download, and integrate into your listings

Then just force a call to BOTH calls every day!

Phil

TheDoctor
01-06-2002, 01:21 AM
update

hitman
01-22-2002, 12:55 AM
New time slice file? :-)

-hitman

TheDoctor
01-23-2002, 05:47 PM
update

hitman
01-24-2002, 12:58 AM
TheDoctor,

Thanks for the updates, appreciate it.

Quick question, is the PPV data totally inclusive for you? I just loaded the latest one, and I still get a lot of channels with "Pay-Per-View" listed as the show data, when there actually is a show playing there. (In this case, channels 110-114 for example).

Mayhaps I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks,

-hitman

philhu
01-24-2002, 12:55 PM
hi

Since we are very close to have tivoGuide working with slices, alot of people are coming here to do PPV slices, thanks to the Doctor :)

Can someone post the latest and greatest kit and instructions from the last 100 items?

I have tried to read through them, and to a newuser on it, it is spaghetti and very prone to problems.....

Thanks!

TheDoctor
01-30-2002, 10:07 AM
update

TheDoctor
02-07-2002, 07:04 PM
update

philhu
02-18-2002, 12:56 PM
Channels 134 and 135 are reversed.....

philhu
02-18-2002, 01:53 PM
I was rereading this thread.

Where can I get jpaq's scripts?

I didn't see the pointer to them anywhere

thanks
phil

philhu
02-20-2002, 11:16 AM
Don't see new slice files!!!!!

Help!

:)

hitman
02-24-2002, 05:25 PM
Is there any new place to get DirecTV PPV slice updates? Or a good way to roll our own? Since TheDoctor seems to not be reading this thread/updating lately. :)

Thanks

TheDoctor
02-25-2002, 04:47 AM
Sorry, I will try to get an update in a day or so. Have been tied up on other development issues...

TheDoctor
02-25-2002, 08:46 AM
Give this a try. It looks like DTV may be moving data around...

TheDoctor
03-02-2002, 07:45 AM
update

TheDoctor
03-08-2002, 08:39 PM
update

gijoevu
03-16-2002, 08:29 PM
could somebody show me how to get the showcase and the tivo magazine? I download the cleanup20 and index13.itcl.

I got the directv w/tivo 6000r philip, i used 25xtreme so i think my tivo version is 2.5.

this is what i did

bash-2.02#
cd /var/tmp
chmod +x /var/tmp/cleanup20
chmod +x /var/tmp/index13.itcl
./cleanup20
(waited 4 hours for cleanup to finish watching terminal feedback)

cd /tvbin
./tivosh
% set db [dbopen]
% dbload $db /var/tmp/ppv020308.slice
(wait 5 - 10 minutes for slice to load?)
% dbclose $db
exit tivosh
/sbin/restart

cd /var/tmp
./index13.itcl
but when I ran this, it gave me an error message

bash-2.02# ./index13.itcl
./index13.itcl: proc: command not found
./index13.itcl: global: command not found
./index13.itcl: switch: command not found
./index13.itcl: EP0: command not found
./index13.itcl: EP1: command not found
./index13.itcl: SH0: command not found
./index13.itcl: SH1: command not found
./index13.itcl: MV0: command not found
./index13.itcl: MV1: command not found
./index13.itcl: SP0: command not found
./index13.itcl: SP1: command not found
./index13.itcl: default: command not found
./index13.itcl: line 28: syntax error near unexpected token `}'
./index13.itcl: line 28: ` }'
bash-2.02#

zeppo
03-17-2002, 01:15 AM
You are using tool that are meant for earlier versions of the tivo software. Use dbload20.

I'm not sure, but I don't think you need to use the cleanup or index programs.

I could be wrong about the later.

TheDoctor
03-17-2002, 08:44 PM
Actually you are using tools ment for the standalone units.
As dsr6000 downloads the ppv listings along with the other guide data.

Use the search button and look for showcase threads, there have only been 20 or so on your topic.

dozens
03-18-2002, 04:00 PM
The search tool is too limited, I can't search an individual thread. Will the DTV Slice data work for units running 2.5 software ?

TheDoctor
03-22-2002, 09:20 PM
fillow the instruction for 2.0 for use with 2.5

kiddbats
03-25-2002, 12:29 AM
A couple stupid questions. First i do NOT need to run cleanup/index on 2.5.1 since I am a subscriber correct?
and second Can you give me an estimation on how long it takes to load this from DBload standard serial connection. Thanks a million for the hard work.

Freakeao
04-08-2002, 02:16 PM
When's the next file coming? The last one's data ended a couple days ago.

Thanks

TheDoctor
04-08-2002, 06:00 PM
Sorry, out of town job hunting. Will try to get an update in a few days.

kiddbats
04-08-2002, 07:15 PM
Thanks a million no a Billion for your hard work on this. It is very appreciated. Can you please give us an idea IF you intend to keep updating this for us on a regular basis? It is understood if not. Are you considering donations to make it more worth your trouble? I as I am sure others would be willing. Please don't take this as a complaint as I understand you have a life to live.

TheDoctor
04-09-2002, 07:51 PM
No, I am not looking for donations.
I try to rember to send an update every week or two, but I am not currently using any of my SAs for recording at all, and I seldom watch PPVs, so I forget.

TheDoctor
04-16-2002, 03:47 PM
update

latapeguy
04-18-2002, 10:50 PM
ummm, i don't want to sound like an *****, but no where do any of these posts say what exaclty this ppv.zip update does.
i'm kinda new to these forums and nobody seems to explain themselves very well.
what i'm trying to do is use my sa tivo, svr2000, as a glorified vcr. it's running version 2.5 right now. is there a way to just get it to record stuff manually?
thanks

TheDoctor
04-25-2002, 05:27 PM
update

jetspies
05-01-2002, 07:31 PM
TheDoctor: sent you email regarding the slice files. Please drop me a line if you didn't get the email...

TheDoctor
05-02-2002, 10:13 PM
update

TheDoctor
05-07-2002, 06:05 PM
update

TheDoctor
05-14-2002, 08:03 PM
update

TheDoctor
05-24-2002, 10:02 PM
update

Freakeao
06-19-2002, 11:33 AM
Hey Doctor,

Everything was smooth and steady for a while there. Are you dropping support for this or have you just been busy.

Thanks

TheDoctor
06-23-2002, 06:30 PM
Sorry, alien abduction can be time consuming.

TheDoctor
07-06-2002, 05:24 PM
update

philhu
07-19-2002, 10:55 AM
ping.....

Also, is it possible you can post your script that generates these slices?

I'd love to play with the script.....

Phil

TheDoctor
07-19-2002, 04:59 PM
update

AlphaWolf
07-20-2002, 02:07 PM
Oughta set up like a repository or something which is updated via a script regularly with the latest guide data using http_post, then anybody who has a tivonet/turbonet could easily set up a script which uses http_get to automaticaly download and update periodicaly.

Would be pretty easy to do, just need a proper place to store it. I dont own an SA tivo though, just a suggestion :)

michaelt
07-28-2002, 07:47 PM
Will this work with 3.0 ?

TheDoctor
08-01-2002, 11:57 PM
No idea about 3.0
File is smaller than usual, may be some data missing. Will try again this weekend.

TheDoctor
08-04-2002, 08:02 PM
The size looks better.

TheDoctor
08-13-2002, 05:21 PM
update

Freakeao
09-03-2002, 08:01 PM
^bump^

TheDoctor
09-04-2002, 02:03 PM
Just when I thought I was off the hook...:-)
PUlling data now...

TheDoctor
09-04-2002, 03:07 PM
Update

philhu
09-17-2002, 11:26 AM
The 'other' supplier of ppv slices, jpags, is going on Hiatus while his new house is built, and his temp residence does not have DTV, so his ppv guide data will not be updated for a few months....

The DOCTOR comes through AGAIN!!!!!

TheDoctor
09-17-2002, 07:57 PM
I will try to get a new update in a day or so. I have a bunch of stuff scheduled on the system I pull info from, and I can't grab the guide while recording without messing up one or both of the processes.

TheDoctor
09-17-2002, 11:49 PM
update

philhu
09-18-2002, 03:47 PM
Thanks again for a wonderful 'product'

TheDoctor
09-25-2002, 06:35 PM
Update

mmmm_beer
09-26-2002, 12:13 PM
Doc,
I love your ppv slice files. Great job. I was wondering if it would that difficult to add NFL Sunday Ticket to the slice file. I have no idea how you generate your files, so I don't really know if it is feasible, but I would love to have that data in my TiVo. If you can, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

mmmm_beer

TheDoctor
09-26-2002, 01:26 PM
I will take a look again, the problem is that with the naming conventions used for the srver id's I never build a good cross match to the station id'.... I will have to dig for the matching info. No promises...

mmmm_beer
09-26-2002, 07:50 PM
Thanks,

I can't ask for more than that.

mmmm_beer
10-08-2002, 10:52 PM
Doc,
I found a way to get the NFL, but now my PPV ran out of data. Any chance of a new slice file in the near future.

Thanks, :)

mmmm_beer

Comedian
10-10-2002, 06:09 PM
Doctor doctor, give me the news, I got a bad case of no ppv data. No pill is gonna cure my ills, I got a bad case of no ppv data. :)

Seriously Doc, you the man. Setup a paypal account and I'll send you a "donation" for the latest ppv data! :)

TheDoctor
10-11-2002, 12:42 AM
I have been out of town, just got back... Will try to generate a file in the morning.....Sorry....

TheDoctor
10-11-2002, 12:06 PM
update

mmmm_beer
10-11-2002, 12:31 PM
Thanks!!!

Comedian
10-11-2002, 01:49 PM
Well Doc, you fullfilled your end, so I should fulfill mine! Do you have a paypal account? :)

Thank you thank you thank you.

TheDoctor
10-12-2002, 11:35 AM
Nah, use it in good health.

TheCritic
10-13-2002, 03:56 PM
when i use dbload20 I get
bash-2.02# dbload20
couldn't read file "//tvlib/tcl/tv/Ident.itcl": no such file or directory
while executing
"source $name"
(procedure "tvsource" line 7)
invoked from within
"tvsource $tcl_library/tv/Ident.itcl"
(file "/hack/bin//dbload20" line 7)

is there a new version of dbload for 30?

mmmm_beer
10-13-2002, 08:45 PM
Try getting the slasher scipts in the files section. There is a version for Tivo 3.0.

TheCritic
10-13-2002, 09:21 PM
slasher script? Files Section?

I have the scripts posted at the start of this thread. Please post a link to the "Files Section"

Thanks

TheCritic
10-13-2002, 09:49 PM
ok... I am a programmer by trade, but new to tcl and tivo hacking... the dbload20 script gave me errors, so I commented out what looked to be "include" type lines, ran the script and it seemed to work (ie. I have PPV info in the guide)

well, I would like for someone with a reputation to bless this, but for now I give it with the standard disclamers...

your mileage may vary
you break it, you bought it
etc

ATTACHMENT DELETED>>>>

I booted the tivo and it is now stuck at "Your PTV Reciever is starting up, Please wait a moment"

This is a bad sign.... any help would be appreciated...

mmmm_beer
10-14-2002, 12:21 PM
Sorry, I was thinking I was in the tivo_canada group on yahoo when I said files section. That is where you will find the slasher scripts.

TheDoctor
10-18-2002, 09:23 PM
Before the mob starts lighting torches and grabbing pitchforks...

mmmm_beer
10-26-2002, 02:05 PM
Hey Doc,
I hate to light torches and grab my pitchfork, but my ppv data ran out. Any chance of getting a new slice file out there? Thanks :)

TheDoctor
10-27-2002, 09:58 PM
update

TheDoctor
11-07-2002, 12:03 PM
update

philhu
11-19-2002, 11:58 AM
Mine is about running out!

Thanks!

TheDoctor
11-21-2002, 06:52 PM
update

TheDoctor
11-27-2002, 10:04 AM
update

philhu
12-05-2002, 12:32 PM
any new file available?

TheDoctor
12-05-2002, 02:30 PM
One was being generated as you typed...

philhu
12-18-2002, 04:08 PM
27 downloads last file. PRETTY COOL!

TheDoctor
12-19-2002, 01:30 AM

TheDoctor
12-19-2002, 01:31 AM
update

TheDoctor
12-28-2002, 06:03 PM
update

jbron
01-11-2003, 07:59 PM
I didn't see this answered earlier in the thread and I have searched to no avail, but does this work on a 3.0 tivo? Can someone please help me out? I saw something about Slasher scripts, but that was all I could find.
Thanks

mmmm_beer
01-12-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by jbron
I didn't see this answered earlier in the thread and I have searched to no avail, but does this work on a 3.0 tivo? Can someone please help me out? I saw something about Slasher scripts, but that was all I could find.
Thanks
Yes this does, just use the dbload30.tcl script.

jbron
01-13-2003, 10:25 AM
mmm_beer,
Do you know where I can find this file? When I do a search on this forum this thread is the only one that comes up and i don't see that file in here. Thanks for all of your help, it really is a pain not being able to see what the ppv is.

TheDoctor
01-13-2003, 07:32 PM
update

Comedian
02-01-2003, 01:00 PM
Hey Doc, not to be a nudge, but is there any chance of getting a new slice file?

TIA!

TheDoctor
02-09-2003, 01:30 AM
Sorry, was stuck out of town on unexpected trip. Will try to get it seen.

TheDoctor
02-09-2003, 01:41 PM
upodate. This will be the last one for a few weeks as I hit the road again.

TheDoctor
02-09-2003, 01:42 PM
update

Comedian
05-06-2003, 04:45 PM
For what it's worth, here's a copy of a slice file generated by the getppv script from the Tivo_Canada group in Yahoo Groups (scrapes tvguide.com) for the next 14 days.

This works fine on my SA TiVo. Your mileage may vary. Don't sue me if it doesn't work, or if it breaks your TiVo.

Comedian
05-24-2003, 09:38 PM
The bleeding heart in me feels for the folks who haven't got this getppv setup themselves yet.

Here's a slice for PDT for 14 days starting 05/24/03

Bigdog999
05-25-2003, 11:58 AM
just curious, with getppv we have to set our location. So how did TheDoctor's slices worked for everyone ?

Comedian
05-25-2003, 03:18 PM
I believe (and am probably wrong) that The Doctor pulls his slices from a DirecTiVo, so they are time-independent.

jbron
05-25-2003, 04:05 PM
Does anyone know of a place other than the tivo canada group to get the getppv file? I ask only cause i am not a citizen of canada so I can't join the group. Thanks in advance.

mmmm_beer
05-27-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Bigdog999
just curious, with getppv we have to set our location. So how did TheDoctor's slices worked for everyone ?

You have to set your location, because tvguide.com gives the local time when you access the page. There are some routines in the file that converts the time back into gmt, which is what the TiVo expects. All slice files contain show times in gmt, even the ones produced by getppv.

Here is the latest getppv for those of you not able to join tivo_canada. I won't post the tivoguide stuff, since I didn't write it. You will need to remove or change the .txt extension to get it to run and do a chmod +x getppv on Unix and perhaps even modify the #! to point to your perl exectutable.