PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing wrong?

okonkwo
10-11-2004, 01:20 AM
:eek: I have a Hughes HDVR2. I uprgraded to 4.0.1B change Kernel to 4.0.1a and was able to to use killhdinitrd on the kernel. TIvo is fine. I then wrote a rc.sysinit.author file:

#! /bin/bash
# /var/bin
export PATH=$PATH:/var/hack/bin

#Load ax8817x ethernet drivers
insmod /lib/modules/usbcore.o
insmod /lib/moduled/hcd.o
insmod /lib/modules/ehci-hcd.o
insmod /lib/modules/ax8817x.o
sleep 20

#configure ethernet Linksys USB200M
ifconfig eth0 192.168.2.34 broadcast 192.168.2.255 netmask 255.255.255.0
sleep 60

#Telnet
tnlited 23 /bin/bash -login &

#ftp
/var/hack/tivoftpd.mips

#msf_ftp
/var/hack/mfs_ftp/mfs_ftp.tcl

/bin/bash < /dev/ttyS2 >& /dev/ttyS2 &

I am using a SMC 7004ABR router.
I am able to get Bash and I can Ping the tivo ip successfully, but I can't telnet or do anything else. I tried adding the Route the gateway still doen't work. Can someone Please Help?

Is there a way to install Fakecall, tivoweb or Superpatch without Telnet?

Okonkwo

NutKase
10-11-2004, 01:32 AM
:eek: I have a Hughes HDVR2. I uprgraded to 4.0.1B change Kernel to 4.0.1a and was able to to use killhdinitrd on the kernel. Tivo is fine.

<snip>

I am able to get Bash and I can Ping the tivo ip successfully, but I can't telnet or do anything else. I tried adding the Route the gateway still doen't work. Can someone Please Help?

Yes. With 4.x you need to change the netfilter-enable to netfilter-disable in the /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit file.

Search for netfilter and you'll find many links leading you through it... many of them mine.

NutKase

okonkwo
10-13-2004, 04:02 AM
:D Everything is working fine now. Once I did the netfilter-disable I was able to telnet and FTP. Thanks NutKase. Also thanks to all the people who took the time to document their experience on this board. I've learned a lot from their experience.

Okonkwo

NutKase
10-13-2004, 04:10 AM
:D Everything is working fine now. Once I did the netfilter-disable I was able to telnet and FTP. Thanks NutKase. Also thanks to all the people who took the time to document their experience on this board. I've learned a lot from their experience.

You're welcome.

Good hacking to ya! :)

NutKase

okonkwo
10-18-2004, 02:58 AM
With the Help of Nutkase And many others online, I was able to get my tivo Hughes HDVR2 uprgraded to 4.0.1B, changed Kernel to 4.0.1a and was able to to use killhdinitrd on the kernel. I am able to do video extaction, etc. The problem is that sometimes when I try to play back a recorded file about a few minutes into it the video will get stuck and I can't go beyond a certain point. In that case I have to erase the file...and other times when I try to play a file it will take me straight to the delete menu and then I get a green screen telling me that it did not record the show due to missing video signal. What is going on?

Okonkwo

geminicat
10-18-2004, 11:19 AM
http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35530&highlight

If so it probably needs to have scramble turned off. If this is the answer I believe the command would be

echo -ne "\x3c\x02\x00\x00" | dd conv=notrunc of=tivoapp bs=1 seek=8618248

to turn off scrambling.

okonkwo
10-18-2004, 01:06 PM
I have ran Superpatch4all already do I still need to run
to turn off scrambling?

NutKase
10-19-2004, 02:03 AM
I have ran Superpatch4all already do I still need to run
to turn off scrambling?

Superpatch-4all sets recording to unscrambled using NoCSO, you don't have to do anything else.

NutKase

moralda
10-20-2004, 10:05 PM
With the Help of Nutkase And many others online, I was able to get my tivo Hughes HDVR2 uprgraded to 4.0.1B, changed Kernel to 4.0.1a and was able to to use killhdinitrd on the kernel. I am able to do video extaction, etc. The problem is that sometimes when I try to play back a recorded file about a few minutes into it the video will get stuck and I can't go beyond a certain point. In that case I have to erase the file...and other times when I try to play a file it will take me straight to the delete menu and then I get a green screen telling me that it did not record the show due to missing video signal. What is going on?

Okonkwo

I have been searching for the answer to this for weeks, hours and hours a day, risking marriage, sleeper, killhdinitrd, nocos, noscramble, echo, tried them all.... my guess is that you may have used a different image than your original like I did with instantcake. My answer was 51killer, and I am so happy I am finding all those who have the same issue and posting a reply. this is what I found....

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38378&highlight=51killer :o