PDA

View Full Version : remote control challenge question

tangee
10-20-2004, 11:31 AM
Does anyone know of a single remote controller that allows me to control a Toshiba SD-H400 (tivo/DVD) and a Hughes DTV/tivo?? Thanks

Jamie
10-20-2004, 11:46 AM
Does anyone know of a single remote controller that allows me to control a Toshiba SD-H400 (tivo/DVD) and a Hughes DTV/tivo?? ThanksA URC-6131 can do it. I'd recommend getting one modified with the EEPROM so you can program it through the JP1 interface: link (http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=413). JP1 will get you into a whole 'nother hacking world.

Actually, any of the JP1 remotes can probably do it, but the 6131 is designed for PVRs and has thumbs up, thumbs down buttons, etc. Search around on TCF and hifi-remote.

alldeadhomiez
10-20-2004, 12:09 PM
Does anyone know of a single remote controller that allows me to control a Toshiba SD-H400 (tivo/DVD) and a Hughes DTV/tivo?? Thanks

Modify ircatch.o, change the remote addresses, and you can use a "DVR1/DVR2" peanut or any other TiVo compatible remote with both.

Moved to Newbie.

tangee
10-23-2004, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the help. TANGEE