PDA

View Full Version : Drive Reports 8MB After Imaging Instant Cake Upgrade

ruckus
10-20-2004, 06:58 PM
I purchased the Series1 Standalone Instant Cake upgrade to upgrade a 40GB drive. After I completed the upgrade the drive now only shows 8MB of space. The Tivo will not boot at all. Can you tell me how to restore the drive back to the full 40GB?

Thanks
--ruckus

PlainBill
10-20-2004, 08:03 PM
Ask the guys at PTV Upgrade; they sold you the product, they deserve the opportunity to solve the problem. (In their position would you rather have a customer say "They answered all my questions and solved my problem" or "I had to go to Dealdatabase Forums to get someone to tell me how to use their product"?)

PlainBill

ruckus
10-20-2004, 08:10 PM
I found the answer to my problem on Hindsdale's How-to.

If you run into a locked drive (total size reports as 9-10MB) for any reason during this upgrade process then use the qunlock utility to unlock. If required, first download the qunlock (7k) program. This file should then be copied to a dos boot floppy. To create a dos boot disk, place a blank disk in your floppy then exit windows to an msdos prompt and type "sys a:" at the c:\ prompt. Windows ME users should go to Control Panel-->add/remove programs-->Startup Disk to create the dos boot disk (Windows 2000/NT/XP users should see note at end of document). Return to Windows and then copy the qunlock program to your new dos boot floppy (label qunlock boot disk).

Thanks