PDA

View Full Version : TIVO freezes with transferring files

TheShaz
10-27-2004, 08:02 AM
HR10-250 with Tserver and TivoWebPlus installed.

Everything seems to be working OK. But when I use tytools to download a file the TIVO becomes very sluggish. The remote will finally respond to a key press maybe 60 seconds afterwards and the Live TV video freezes.

Is this normal? If not where should I look to tweak this out. If this is the norm has anybody figured out a method to SCHEDULE a download from Tivo for like 5am?

Thanx

TheShaz

jcs
10-27-2004, 08:10 AM
yeah, that's normal. The CPUs in these things aren't particularly powerful. On my SAT-T60 you can tell it's just slow rather than locked up because the little LED blinks on and off.

If you want to be able to schedule downloads, any decent ftp program should let you do that. I use SmartFTP on windoze which lets you queue up a bunch of downloads and then start the queue at a specific time/date. I suppose you could use cron to do the same on *nix.

captain_video
10-27-2004, 08:26 AM
TivoWebPlus takes up a lot of the Tivo's resources so you may want to shut it down when extracting videos. It's probably best to do your transfers when you won't be watching the HDTivo. Try starting your transfers right before you go to bed at night or before you leave for work in the morning. You won't really care how long it takes if you're not around. ;)