PDA

View Full Version : New bbcode requests (split from: snowman's advice)

AVD
10-27-2004, 06:57 PM
Well, quite unfortunatley, he tends to that himself. If you notice a large percentage of his posts are self-edited with the text no message. I'm not sure where he learned this tidbit of poor netiquette, but it is disturbing to say the least.

It makes the threads all but useless in addition to spreading confusion and misinformation.

My suggestion is to use a 'strikethrough' over the text in a post you later learn is incorrect or misleading, people reading it will know right away that there is somthing wrong, but not loose their way in a thread.

fixn278
10-27-2004, 07:25 PM
My suggestion is to use a 'strikethrough' over the text in a post you later learn is incorrect or misleading, people reading it will know right away that there is somthing wrong, but not loose their way in a thread.

It's a good suggestion, but I can't find strikethrough, otherwise I would have taken care of this...

...but not loose their way... :D

mrblack51
10-27-2004, 08:35 PM

not sure that VBulliten supports this by default. i will look into it, and see if its just a hidden feature or a hack that needs to be applied. good idea IMO

edit: looks like it doesnt...but the hack shouldnt be too hard. I will look into it

fixn278
10-27-2004, 08:42 PM
Here's the "hack"

With the strikethrough, simply make a new custom vB code:

vB Code Tag: s
vB Code Replacement: <s>{param}</s>
vB Code Example: Strikethrough
vB Code Explanation: <s>Strikethrough</s>
Use {option}? No

found here...
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42425&highlight=strikethrough

Not sure if it will work though...