PDA

View Full Version : Crap! Missed Recording...

mrbillpsu00
10-27-2004, 10:54 PM
Oh boy am I in the $hit house.... for some reason, Mythbusters was higher than Lost on my season pass list, and didn't record Lost tonight (CBS, 7p CST).

Does anyone have this recording that they wouldn't mind sharing? I'd be forever grateful.

I even went so far as to call DTV and ask to add the CBS west to my channels, but they can't do it :((((((

btw - my internet connection is a 10 meg/sec connection. So, the transfer would be quick :)

cojonesdetoro
10-28-2004, 03:07 AM
I believe this is a taboo subject on this board (it has been addressed before) but I'm sure you can find what you want using other sources. Just ask your PEERS about their PEERS NETWORKS or perhaps how to USE the NET <wink>.

mrbillpsu00
10-28-2004, 10:02 AM
I believe this is a taboo subject on this board (it has been addressed before) but I'm sure you can find what you want using other sources. Just ask your PEERS about their PEERS NETWORKS or perhaps how to USE the NET <wink>.

Hahaha - thanks...

It appears that just about everything is taboo depending on how to spin it..... we can talk about HOW to extract, but not to share it. An odd world we live in.

No need to have anyone else reply to this. I've gotten what I've needed.

Thanks
~Bill

Yazhol
10-28-2004, 10:21 AM
Just an FYI, if it is taboo sorry, but ABC always shows Lost on Saturday night one week behind. For example you can catch last week's Lost this Saturday.

cojonesdetoro
10-28-2004, 11:35 AM
I don't think it's taboo to talk about repeat broadcasts.

The moderators just don't want to be shut down for enabling show sharing and I don;t blame them. There are precedents where boards and other venues have been shut down because they allowed users to coordinate the sharing of copyrighted information. It would be shame to have it happen here. This board has no equal when it comes to the level of expertise and information regarding Tivo hacking.

BTW, There's a site called poopli.com that allows ReplayTV users to share shows right from their replay units but they somehow have been immune from prosecution.. so far.

jasch
10-28-2004, 01:39 PM
Glad you found it. I am missing the first two episodes of Desperate Housewives, and I would be glad a site like poopli.com existed for Tivo users... (taboo or not).

grabb
10-28-2004, 02:30 PM
There is a TORRENT of activity in this area lately. I'm sure finding Desperate Housewives isn't that hard, although probably not in .ty format. :)

AlphaWolf
10-28-2004, 04:20 PM
I think tivo can look the other way about extraction so long as we don't share our recordings. I would rather they continue to look the other way too.